IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

New '07 Infiniti stock rims very similar to stock IS!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 07:22 PM
casey225
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I saw a VW commercial the other day and their rims looked exactly like our stock 18's.
Old 07-06-06, 08:18 PM
Griffey222
Rookie

I don't think we can complain one bit about the stock IS 18's...I think they are a sweet looking wheel and compliment the agressive look of the car well!
Old 07-06-06, 09:32 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

The new G looks pretty nice now it has HID's 3d nav and a hard drive to store mp3's and a compact flash slot which is pretty unique
Old 07-06-06, 10:09 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Originally Posted by knihc2008
The shiny metal frame around the windows have been on cars since like bloody forever.

Anyway, how LARGE does this car look compared to the IS?
Yeah, but to me, it's more about the fact that they are direct competitors, in the same segment...and the G35 didn't ever have the metal frame around the windows, and now it does? And it never had the bulge in the rear lights since it's inception and now it does all of a sudden after the IS comes out? I just think it's a little obvious about the copying...if Lexus did something similar to the G35 with the IS, then I would acknowledge that (in fact, maybe there is something similar, just not obvious to me). To me, this is what sets the IS apart from it's competition--it's so fresh and unique.

Just my $.02,

Ed
Old 07-06-06, 10:12 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Originally Posted by Style2k6
The new G looks pretty nice now it has HID's 3d nav and a hard drive to store mp3's and a compact flash slot which is pretty unique
Agreed...the HD is cool, as is the CF slot. Lexus should do it...but just curious as to what kind of data does the HD/CF store?
Old 07-06-06, 10:25 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

infiniti today unveiled the next generation of its G35 performance sedan, which will offer drivers a few new gimmicks when it goes on sale in November this year. Besides a 300-plus horsepower engine, paddle shifters, push-button ignition, touch-screen navigation and a rear-view monitor, the G35 will offer a high-end Bose audio system that integrates a digital audio converter (DAC) that lets users rip audio CDs and create digital audio files.

According to Infiniti, the unit uses a 24-bit DAC built by Burr Brown, which recently was acquired by Texas Instruments. There are few technical details available, but edmunds.com reports that the system also includes a "9.5G" hard drive, which serves as storage device for audio files.

So basicly you can copy your cd music to the hdd and play it from the hd. I'm also wondering if with the CF if you would be able to view digital pictures on the nav screen

Last edited by Style2k6; 07-06-06 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-06-06, 11:10 PM
mickey99us
Rookie

need more photos to say if i like it or not
Old 07-07-06, 10:09 AM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Style2k6
Besides a 300-plus horsepower engine, paddle shifters, push-button ignition, touch-screen navigation and a rear-view monitor, the G35 will offer a high-end Bose audio system that integrates a digital audio converter (DAC) that lets users rip audio CDs and create digital audio files.
Wow, so they really did just copy the specs of the IS, and then add in the digital music features. Apparently at Infiniti, R&D stands for "replicate & duplicate"...
Old 07-07-06, 10:58 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by diablo1
Wow, so they really did just copy the specs of the IS, and then add in the digital music features. Apparently at Infiniti, R&D stands for "replicate & duplicate"...
I don't see it as Infiniti copying Lexus. Both cars are in the same classification, therefore similar features. Most cars now have paddle shifters and touch screen nav. It was a matter of time before Infiniti improved on what they have.

G35 came out with 3.5 liter engine first, did Lexus copy Infiniti? Or if Lexus releases a coupe, did they copy Infiniti?

I think either Audi, or Mazda was the first to use direct injections in their vehicles.
Old 07-07-06, 11:06 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Sounds more like an evolution from the M35/M45. The interior is looking similar to the M, the push start button looks to be from the M as well. I think everyone is bumping engine specs up to the 300 HP range. The paddle shifters seem to be new to the G, but I don't think the IS was even the first mainstream sedan to offer it so I don't see it as copying the IS.

I agree about the bubble lights though. I don't like it on the IS and I don't like it on the Infiniti either.
Old 07-07-06, 12:26 PM
diablo1
Lexus Test Driver

Push-button ignition and rear backup camera are two features that Lexus brought to this class. The bulging lights are a design feature that I feel Infiniti blatantly copied. I agree that bigger engines are popping up everywhere, and obviously many brands have touch-screen navs (although many other brands in this segment have joystick/****-controlled navs).

Obviously Lexus has done their fair share of copying stuff in the past too. But I think in this case it's pretty likely that the Infiniti designers sat down and said, the new IS is a great car, let's take a lot of those features and put them in our new car. I'm not judging whether that is good or bad... It just seems from the specs that it probably happened. It doesn't bother me though. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery...
Old 07-07-06, 12:39 PM
Trexus

Received 49 Likes on 30 Posts

Sure Infiniti can imitate Lexus but they will never be able to duplicate Lexus. Infiniti has come a long way. I'm curious on when or if they redesign the Q and if they will ever bring back the I35. The new ES 350 is awesome and stands alone in it's category. I wish Infiniti good luck to the new G35...
Old 07-07-06, 12:45 PM
Lets Drive
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by t.is350.h
Wow! a paddle shifter on the steering wheel too....... They look similar to the 2is.....are they copying from the 2is?
Ever since paddle shifting trickled down from race technology, every car make has been using it to sell a "sportier" image of their vehicle...heck even the aftermarket has been selling them.
Old 07-07-06, 12:48 PM
LexFather

I started a thread in car chat recently, its not just Nissan, EVERY car maker is favoring SPLIT SPOKE rims. I even posted pics
Old 07-07-06, 01:13 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Push-button ignition and rear backup camera are two features that Lexus brought to this class. The bulging lights are a design feature that I feel Infiniti blatantly copied. I agree that bigger engines are popping up everywhere, and obviously many brands have touch-screen navs (although many other brands in this segment have joystick/****-controlled navs).

Obviously Lexus has done their fair share of copying stuff in the past too. But I think in this case it's pretty likely that the Infiniti designers sat down and said, the new IS is a great car, let's take a lot of those features and put them in our new car. I'm not judging whether that is good or bad... It just seems from the specs that it probably happened. It doesn't bother me though. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery...
What year did Lexus bring in the push start button ignitions? I thought the 06 GS was the first? Or did they have it in the 2001 LS430? Push start buttons is kind of old though as the S2000 had it and even before that it has been around for decades in various forms I believe. I think Mercedes was the first to offer the keyless go feature which Lexus calls smart access and BMW calls comfort access. In the Mercedes version I think the push start/stop button was on the top of the sfhiter rather than on the dash

Quick Reply: New '07 Infiniti stock rims very similar to stock IS!