IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Someone Hit My Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-06, 04:53 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Someone Hit My Car

Last night I go to get something out of my car and I noticed that someone had backed into it.
It was parked on the street cause my wife had company over. The car was parked on the street for only 2 hours. So now its going to cost me over $800( insurance will cover all but the deductable) but now i have a claim on my insurance . The dealer won't give me a loaner because the said that they only do it for maintenance not body work. So now i have to rent some POS for a week or so while a bodyshop repaints my back door. I HATE ****ing UTAH.
Old 07-06-06, 04:59 PM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that sucks!! i'm so sorry to hear your baby got hurt how long are the repairs going to take?? i hope not too long..i wish people would learn how to drive
Old 07-06-06, 05:03 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

That sucks, I feel your pain. The same thing happened to me with my last car, but they smashed in the front corner. Not a note or anything, just some paint from their car and a smashed fender and bumper on mine....
Old 07-06-06, 05:04 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh.. sorry to hear that.....I hate those people. It's either they don't know how to drive or are jealous. Do you mind to post a pic of the damage?
Old 07-06-06, 05:05 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

sorry to hear that, i wouldnt claim if its 800 dollars its going to cost a lot more than that possibly over time if they raise your rates
Old 07-06-06, 05:10 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear that, lots of hit and runs around here lately. note to self: think about a way to use cameras remotely.....

my insurance company doesn't raise rates when it's not my fault and they waive the first accident my fault....so they say, haven't had a major accident. if you deduct is $250 or less, i'd claim it.
Old 07-06-06, 05:13 PM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
Last night I go to get something out of my car and I noticed that someone had backed into it.
It was parked on the street cause my wife had company over. The car was parked on the street for only 2 hours. So now its going to cost me over $800( insurance will cover all but the deductable) but now i have a claim on my insurance . The dealer won't give me a loaner because the said that they only do it for maintenance not body work. So now i have to rent some POS for a week or so while a bodyshop repaints my back door. I HATE ****ing UTAH.
People who do hit and runs should be shot. The only thing I hate about the death penalty is it isn't used enough.
Old 07-06-06, 06:11 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Yeah the deduct is only 250 and on a side note I know that 800 is not alot to some of you guys but I am just a simple Military man that doesn't get paid very much so I had to save to get this car. No disrespect to anyone out there just letting everybody why I claimed.
Old 07-06-06, 06:30 PM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

Originally Posted by TheNewGuy
Yeah the deduct is only 250 and on a side note I know that 800 is not alot to some of you guys but I am just a simple Military man that doesn't get paid very much so I had to save to get this car. No disrespect to anyone out there just letting everybody why I claimed.
In light of the fact that none of this was your fault, 800 bucks is alot of dough no matter how much one makes. You're doing the right thing by getting the damage fixed ASAP. It doesn't matter how it gets done, as long as it gets done.
Old 07-06-06, 06:49 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Ouch, that sucks!!! Thats why I'd never park my car in the streets. Its little stuff like this that always happen to a pretty car

I remember this kid by my streets driving his bike and ran it into a audi. The audi had severe scratches about 1 foot long.
Old 07-06-06, 07:20 PM
Lexucan
Lexucanafer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by sab504
Ouch, that sucks!!! Thats why I'd never park my car in the streets. Its little stuff like this that always happen to a pretty car

I remember this kid by my streets driving his bike and ran it into a audi. The audi had severe scratches about 1 foot long.
Unfortunately, a lot of people (like myself) have no other option available to them with regard to where they park.
I live on a street where there are dozens of kids running loose every day. And being Canadian, the favorite kid's sport here during the winter months is street hockey! You can imagine how nervous one can get when there is a gang of 10 yearolds wildly swinging wooden hockey sticks in every direction out on the road between the parked cars ! I moved my car half a block away from the action one time to try to save it from getting dented by this group of Gretzky wannabees, and while still sitting in the car, three kids from another neighborhood game slammed up against the side of my car in a body check! ......ya can't win!
After my car stopped rocking, I opened the door and told the kids to "STAY AWAY FROM THE CAR!" ....but they just stared at me with dumb looks on their faces like....What's with him???

TheNewGuy - hope ur car is fixed soon !

Last edited by Lexucan; 07-06-06 at 07:34 PM.