IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

In Mid-Hack - Question

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-06, 07:21 AM
BShears
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default In Mid-Hack - Question

One of my four vent clips won't snap down (passenger vent, left clip). I can pull it down as far as the others but it won't "snap."

Any suggestions?
Old 07-08-06, 07:29 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

it sounds crazy but keep prying I ended up pulling out the whole vent unit...good luck keep us updated
Old 07-08-06, 07:30 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

If you have one handy get another screwdriver to help hold out the part of the vent that you already have out
Old 07-08-06, 07:44 AM
BShears
Rookie

The other three came down easily. This last one seems to be recessed behind the lip it needs to snap in front of (if you get my drift). It's not like the others. I wonder if it came broken from Lexus.

It does move down. Even as far down as the others. It seems like it's recessed too much and that's why it won't snap.
Old 07-08-06, 07:46 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

trying to think back, does it matter if it snaps, just the one?
Old 07-08-06, 07:47 AM
BShears
Rookie

I was thinking that too. I was wondering if I could start prying the side that is down (the driver's side) and get a gap so I could push the clip down from the top.
Old 07-08-06, 07:57 AM
BShears
Rookie

See how the bottom tab is in front. With my last clip, the bottom tab is recessed...behind the vent assembly.
Attached Thumbnails In Mid-Hack - Question-sli-018-medium-.jpg  
Old 07-08-06, 08:30 AM
BShears
Rookie

I left my pick on top of the bad clip (with a pick I was able to get behind and on top of the clip. Keeping it down and using my fingers I got the #$@!&% out!
Old 07-08-06, 09:56 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 271 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by BShears
I left my pick on top of the bad clip (with a pick I was able to get behind and on top of the clip. Keeping it down and using my fingers I got the #$@!&% out!
Once you got the assembly out, were you able to see what was out of place and fix it? Or was something actually broken?
Old 07-08-06, 12:42 PM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Mine had the same thing happen, on the same one, passenger side clip. I heard a pop when i started doing it, because some post here way early on said to push up on the clips. Anyway, that lead to it breaking. So now one of mine doesn't clip down. I just work on the other side first and then put a screw driver inside to hold it down while i pry out the other end.
Old 07-08-06, 01:03 PM
BShears
Rookie

I have the Vais installed on CD-MP3. I see the folders but hear nothing. I didn't hear anything CD emulation either. Still investigating.
Old 07-08-06, 01:07 PM
BShears
Rookie

Duh

Maybe I should plug the RCA cables in. Dope.
Old 07-08-06, 01:24 PM
BShears
Rookie

Everything was fine. I then put it in "Simple Mode" and now I hear no auido, even from the radio.

How do I get it out of simple mode. The manual says press the "SCAN" button 8 times in 1-2 seconds. I have a physical scan button so I can do that but it then says to press and hold the repeat button. I don' t have one and the Nav thinks there are no changers connected.

Last edited by BShears; 07-08-06 at 01:37 PM.
Old 07-08-06, 02:16 PM
IS3FIDDY
Driver

Everything was fine. I then put it in "Simple Mode" and now I hear no auido, even from the radio.

How do I get it out of simple mode. The manual says press the "SCAN" button 8 times in 1-2 seconds. I have a physical scan button so I can do that but it then says to press and hold the repeat button. I don' t have one and the Nav thinks there are no changers connected.
Hmmm...I was wondering how you got it to install in CD-MP3 emulation. That didn't work for me. When I installed it as such, I got no sound from the DVD/CD changer, though I could scroll through tracks and disks just fine. The Vais in CD-MP3 mode worked fine, however. It wasn't until I reset the unit and installed the Vais in CD Mode, did everything work correctly (though, I now have less buttons and information on the Vais screen).

Not sure about the SCAN part, but it may be related to the fact that you installed in CD-MP3 mode (since you are already experiencing no sound with the radio)...check out my post after I installed it last weekend: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=224916

In fact, I would be interested to know in what mode people with ML installed their Vais. In my experience, it only works in CD emulation mode...

Ed
Old 07-08-06, 02:17 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you still have a "good" display: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...&postcount=111

Quick Reply: In Mid-Hack - Question