IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

My Answer To The Tpms Problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-06, 04:06 PM
sanwong
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uschardcor
HAVE YOU EVER TRIED HITTING THE CAPSLOCK BUTTON ONE MORE TIME BEFORE TYPING?!?!

Uh oh the grammer police.....I confess officer go ahead and give me a ticket....lol
and whats with the ?!?!...never seen that!!!!!
Old 07-18-06, 11:32 AM
dfw350
Lead Lap

I have a TPMS wheelbarrow wheel question...
How do you get the sensors inside the wheelbarrow? Do you have to deflate it and put them inside?
Then pump it back up to 30psi?

I know I am probably just having a brain fart
Old 07-19-06, 05:53 AM
Jay Slay
Driver

do you sell that contraption to people? I need to get rid of these fing' lights on my dash!
Old 07-19-06, 06:01 AM
G35TOIS350
Lexus Test Driver

nice job sanwong!!

Last edited by DaveGS4; 07-19-06 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Removed personal attack, let the moderators moderate. Read forum rules.
Old 07-19-06, 06:38 AM
bgarre
Driver

Originally Posted by c5mtl
why dont u mount a digital pressure gauge on it ???this way u know when the air is getting low.
Won't the car tell you when the pressure is low?

Great idea, now how about that vdim system?
Old 07-19-06, 07:52 AM
kramo
Rookie

Originally Posted by sanwong
IT IS SIMPLE PVC PIPE SEALED ON BOTH ENDS WITH A AIR VALVE ON THE END AND THE SENSORS VELCRO INSIDE.....AFTER WAS SURE IT WAS NOT LEAKING...I HAD IT VORTEX SRAYED TO COAT IT AND MAKE IT LOOK PRESENTABLE. I WILL MOUNT IT IN THE TRUNK
Sanwong,

What is "vortex sprayed"? Is that the type of finish or the name of the manufacturer of the paint, or ...?
Old 07-19-06, 09:02 AM
sanwong
Driver

Originally Posted by Jay Slay
do you sell that contraption to people? I need to get rid of these fing' lights on my dash!
I can't really sell them because I need the sensors to install them b-4 I seal it up and also need to keep them inside the car to see if there is any leaks.....I will try and do a photo tutorial in the next few weeks
Old 07-19-06, 09:07 AM
sanwong
Driver

Originally Posted by kramo
Sanwong,

What is "vortex sprayed"? Is that the type of finish or the name of the manufacturer of the paint, or ...?
Vortex is the manufacturer of a spray on truck bed liner......it has also been used for concrete patios. My buddy just happened to be spraying a bed that day with that color so he shot it for me for free. another company that does that is Rhino liner
Old 07-19-06, 09:10 AM
sanwong
Driver

Talking

[QUOTE=bgarre]Won't the car tell you when the pressure is low?

Great idea, now how about that vdim system?[/QUOTE

Mine has been in my car for almost 2 months and no light so I assume the canister is holding ok.......no lights!!!!!! and like I said in a earlier post....I cannot check pressure too many times because everytime you check it the pressure drops considerably since the canister is so small!!!!
Old 07-20-06, 12:13 PM
tgara
Pole Position

Brilliant job!

A tutorial with a materials list would be ideal. I think most of us have the technical ability to make this contraption!

Too bad it has to come to this: fooling the technology so annoying lights won't come on.
Old 07-27-06, 02:38 PM
SanseiGS43
Driver

lol, finally someone took my advice
Old 01-04-07, 03:34 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Can somebody please create a detailed list (exactly what the items are) of the items needed to make this thing and directions? Sanwong it would be more helpful if you gave more info rather than just put a pic of your solution and putting no effort into helping others.
Old 01-04-07, 04:05 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

here is how i made mine, since its prototype its sort of rough and larger then need be. Im experimenting with different sizes and diameters.

X2 3" PVC caps (5.00 per cap)
20" 3" PVC pipe (3.00)
PVC ahesive (5.00)
3/8 drill bit (everyone should own one alread)
3m outdoor ahesive(2.00)
TAP outdoor silicone (2.00)

What i did was glued the bottom part together
Used double sided 3m adhesive to mount the TPMS sensors inside so they dont move around
Then drilled a hole in the top cap, inserted one of the tpms sensors and can fill the canister using the existing sensor. (why did i use a TPMS sensor, why not? it works just like a valvestem and can be filled at any gas station if need be)
I ran a bead of clear silicone around the joint of the cap and pipe to further seal it
I then filled the canister to 38PSI
FYI it will take about 10 minutes for the TPMS sensors to register.

also it is a myth (IMO)that they need to be rotating with the wheel to work with the computer, i figure this out when i busted one off in my rim and it was rolling around loose for over two weeks, it never threw a code......
I asked a tire tech at a wheel shop about this and he told me that as long as the sensor can sense that its the OEM spec of PSI it is fine.

this was two weeks ago and the TPMS light no longer is showing. It is sitting in my trunk and works perfect.

cost me about 17.00 total.

like i said im trying to make it smaller in all aspects. i will then have it sprayed with linex as well.

PVC pipe can generally hold up to 350-500 PSI according to the guy at my irrigation supply wherehouse.

make sure it is completely dry before filling it with air.

ill post pics of the prototype.

this is a very easy DIY and even a caveman could do it. PM me if you want to know more.

if your going to post somthing that can benifit the community, you should really post your insight as well as just a random picture of a pipe bomb looking device.

Also I would fine a way to mount it under the car or in the trunk that is not visable, being as some rookie cop will think you are on a jihad if he spots this.

totally looks like explosive device.

If there is enough intrest i may look into trying to make kits to sell, all you would need to do is assemble it and paint it or whatever you wish to do to make it more pretty. But i think it would be insulting to sell something you can go to orchard and get for 17.00 or less........

All prices are approximate, and im not liable if you blow your self up and cause damage (and if you do this wrong you will)

Last edited by kilo6_one; 01-04-07 at 04:17 PM.
Old 01-04-07, 07:55 PM
NINEZeRO
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by kilo6_one
here is how i made mine, since its prototype its sort of rough and larger then need be. Im experimenting with different sizes and diameters.

X2 3" PVC caps (5.00 per cap)
20" 3" PVC pipe (3.00)
PVC ahesive (5.00)
3/8 drill bit (everyone should own one alread)
3m outdoor ahesive(2.00)
TAP outdoor silicone (2.00)

What i did was glued the bottom part together
Used double sided 3m adhesive to mount the TPMS sensors inside so they dont move around
Then drilled a hole in the top cap, inserted one of the tpms sensors and can fill the canister using the existing sensor. (why did i use a TPMS sensor, why not? it works just like a valvestem and can be filled at any gas station if need be)
I ran a bead of clear silicone around the joint of the cap and pipe to further seal it
I then filled the canister to 38PSI
FYI it will take about 10 minutes for the TPMS sensors to register.

also it is a myth (IMO)that they need to be rotating with the wheel to work with the computer, i figure this out when i busted one off in my rim and it was rolling around loose for over two weeks, it never threw a code......
I asked a tire tech at a wheel shop about this and he told me that as long as the sensor can sense that its the OEM spec of PSI it is fine.

this was two weeks ago and the TPMS light no longer is showing. It is sitting in my trunk and works perfect.

cost me about 17.00 total.

like i said im trying to make it smaller in all aspects. i will then have it sprayed with linex as well.

PVC pipe can generally hold up to 350-500 PSI according to the guy at my irrigation supply wherehouse.

make sure it is completely dry before filling it with air.

ill post pics of the prototype.

this is a very easy DIY and even a caveman could do it. PM me if you want to know more.

if your going to post somthing that can benifit the community, you should really post your insight as well as just a random picture of a pipe bomb looking device.

Also I would fine a way to mount it under the car or in the trunk that is not visable, being as some rookie cop will think you are on a jihad if he spots this.

totally looks like explosive device.

If there is enough intrest i may look into trying to make kits to sell, all you would need to do is assemble it and paint it or whatever you wish to do to make it more pretty. But i think it would be insulting to sell something you can go to orchard and get for 17.00 or less........

All prices are approximate, and im not liable if you blow your self up and cause damage (and if you do this wrong you will)
Wow thanks. Awesome post. I have a few questions:

1) So the tire pressure sensors can be used as a valve stem? I dont understand.....how?

2) Can you purchase a valve stem (or anything that I can used to put in air) instead? How much would these cost?

3) Your last statement about blowing yourself up, what part of this job is dangerous? Can you explain?

Thanks.
Old 01-04-07, 08:42 PM
bygtimaish
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice job man..i need to get on that

Quick Reply: My Answer To The Tpms Problem