IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Missing accessories?

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-06, 06:26 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Missing accessories?

I noticed when paging through the manual tonight that the car is supposed to come with tie down cargo straps for the trunk (connecting to the four metal tie downs), and there is also mention of emergency "triangles" that are supposed to be strapped to the front of the trunk area (front being closest to the back bumper of the vehicle).

I have the straps attached to the trunk for the emergency triangles, but that's it. Did they discontinue placing these items in recently built 06 models, or did the dealer give someone else mine? I'm asking because this is one of those items that gets taken from another vehicle to satisfy an owner that wants them, and so on.

Thanks.
Old 07-12-06, 06:39 PM
uschardcor
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

never even looked for mine. honestly its a waste of 1pound imo
Old 07-12-06, 06:55 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I didn't get any emergency triangles either.
Old 07-12-06, 07:04 PM
evotolexus
Driver

Originally Posted by 15951
I noticed when paging through the manual tonight that the car is supposed to come with tie down cargo straps for the trunk (connecting to the four metal tie downs), and there is also mention of emergency "triangles" that are supposed to be strapped to the front of the trunk area (front being closest to the back bumper of the vehicle).

I have the straps attached to the trunk for the emergency triangles, but that's it. Did they discontinue placing these items in recently built 06 models, or did the dealer give someone else mine? I'm asking because this is one of those items that gets taken from another vehicle to satisfy an owner that wants them, and so on.

Thanks.

The IS did not come with triangles as the manual stated. It's not just you.

Old thread around here somewhere about the triangles.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...light=triangle
Old 07-12-06, 09:01 PM
brentweiss
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bmw 3's manual said that same thing and there are none in the trunk...........
Old 07-12-06, 09:15 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

even if they gave me triangles, i'd probably take em out anyways. that's what the hazards are for...
Old 07-12-06, 10:36 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
even if they gave me triangles, i'd probably take em out anyways. that's what the hazards are for...
Not exactly. Triangles are used to give advance warning when your vehicle is in the path of oncoming traffic and that traffic cannot tell that you are in their path until they get too close. I can see your hazards blinking from far away but I assume you are in the breakdown lane. When I get close, it might be too late for [unlucky] you. If you place triangles way down the road behind you several yards and you position them properly, you can steer traffic away from you...which hazards alone cannot do. If I have to crawl underneath my car which I would never do, I'd rather have triangles in place to supplement my hazards because some people don't respond to blinking parking lights at all especially if you are [partially] in the traffic lane.
Old 07-12-06, 11:34 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i bet you most ppo have never seen those triangles on the road that they wouldn't know what it is when they come up to it and probably run right over it hahah. i've seen the triangle out on the road maybe 3 times in my entire life. i also wouldn't suggest anybody to change a tire or work on their car on a busy street or freeway. even if you're gonna end up screwing up your rims... i'd ride on em till i find a safe place to change the flat.
Old 07-13-06, 10:21 AM
RNelson
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

My car had a Cargo Net, Floor Mat option, actually listed on the Window Sticker. God forbid that they give you floor mats!
Old 07-13-06, 10:38 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i bet you most ppo have never seen those triangles on the road that they wouldn't know what it is when they come up to it and probably run right over it hahah. i've seen the triangle out on the road maybe 3 times in my entire life. i also wouldn't suggest anybody to change a tire or work on their car on a busy street or freeway. even if you're gonna end up screwing up your rims... i'd ride on em till i find a safe place to change the flat.
Come to the real world where there are hundreds of these all over and people change tires on the road by the thousands I've seen. Not a good idea sure, but some people have no choice. The triangle is the physical barrier that just might save your life and I know it doesn't provide much protection during the day, but most drivers will swerve to avoid a red triangle at night or in inclement weather....the triange might save your life one day, I suggest everyone get one. I would put one of these out just to keep people from crashing into my car while I'm not in it.
People in Minnesota winter can't always stand outside their brokedown car. Two lane mountain roads in Colorado don't have breakdown lanes for you to pull over into.