IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Front Liscens plate removal

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-06, 12:52 PM
lirandy
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jay M
I'm keeping my fingers crossed, but for 11 years I didn't have a front plate on my maxima. My Wife's Subaru Baja hasn't had a front plate for 2 years, and my Corvette has been fine without a front plate for 4 years.

However I did have one motor cop yell at me while I was at an intersection to put a front plate on it.

I replied that I'll see what I can do But what sucked is that the intersection he was hanging out in was the entrace to my community.

Thanks for the pic of the bumper plugs! I could definately live with those.

I don't have the car yet, I have two dealers working on a deal right now. One has the car without the front bracket, but won't give me a price, the other gave me a good price, but doesn't have the car yet, and insists on mounting the front bracket as soon as the car comes in.

~Jay
Maybe that depends on cities. I have plenty of my friends got tickets because of that. One of them just parked his car on the street. When he came back, he found a ticket for no front license plate on windshield. Even tho it's just fix it ticket, but still...worths time to go to the court and stuff...
Old 07-13-06, 12:59 PM
knuckles
Driver School Candidate

Front tags = LAME!
Old 07-13-06, 05:03 PM
grumpyer
Driver School Candidate

My salesman was a little more considerate. The front plate holder is in the trunk and no holes in the bumper. I told him to mail the tags and I will take my chances.
Old 07-13-06, 10:13 PM
Jay M
Rookie

The dealer I spoke with in Santa Monica told me that they are very strict there about the front plate. I guess if your city has meter maids itis easy money for them to write tickets for cars without front plates. He told me that even in a parking structure and you have paid the fee, they will still leave a no front plate ticket.

I don't go to Santa Monica or Beverly Hills, or cities like those very often. I guess that is why I have gotten away with such a horrible crime for so many years.

~Jay
Old 07-13-06, 10:32 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

my coworker got a ticket cuz her neighbor called the cops on her for no front plate
Old 07-14-06, 12:05 AM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

i think that with newer luxury cars, they can get away without having a front license plate.. that's why i'm thinking of taking off mine
Old 07-14-06, 12:14 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
my coworker got a ticket cuz her neighbor called the cops on her for no front plate
A neighbor calls the cops on you for just plates. That neighbor needs to get
Old 07-14-06, 12:16 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
i think that with newer luxury cars, they can get away without having a front license plate.. that's why i'm thinking of taking off mine
SO they drilled the hole in the front when you got your car?
Old 07-14-06, 05:29 AM
BobsGX
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sailing217

Front plate = waste of metal
Also having the front plate on makes for an easier target (flat surface) for radar to pick up your speed.
Old 07-14-06, 06:29 AM
glilly
Pole Position

i found a much cheaper ans easier solution to my holes:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216590

Greg
Old 07-14-06, 07:42 AM
Jay M
Rookie

Originally Posted by BobsGX
Also having the front plate on makes for an easier target (flat surface) for radar to pick up your speed.
Last year when I went to SF for a trade show I was about to go over the Bay Bridge. For some reason the left lane was doing very well- the other lanes started to slow down. Only when I got to the point where all other lanes were stoped and mine was doing 45 MPH did I realize that I was in an express pass lane. I could not get over to the normal toll lanes at that point. I stopped at the booth to pay but then immediatly had a handfull of people blowing their horns behind me.

I thought for sure I was busted, but I guess they take a picture of the front of the car. While at the trade show I overheard two guys who did the same thing I did and they were wondering if they would get a ticket.

My Father in law did the same thing a few months ago and did get a ticket in the mail a few weeks latter.

I guess that is why front plates are so important to a local economy.

In my town we have these stop light cameras. I don't know if they take a picture of the back of the car or not. I'm very careful about red lights so I hope that won't concern me. But what bothers me about those things is that the company who installs them get a percentage of the money. That just seems wrong to me!

~Jay
Old 12-12-06, 11:04 AM
racinghart
Pole Position

Originally Posted by conekiller
Plugs from bumperplugs.com come prepainted...in fact, it's pretty much plastered all over their website that they paint the things themselves.

can someone tell me what size to order and in what color for this exact set of bumper plugs in the picture above? on the website the color chart doesnt list starfire pearl (white)?