IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Smokey Granite Mica Owners - Want to lose the front plate?

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-06, 08:21 PM
rys
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Smokey Granite Mica Owners - Want to lose the front plate?

Hello All,

I am interested in losing the front plate on my SGM IS350. I've just finished some e-mail correspondence with the site owner, Eric.

Bumper plugs are usually about $25.00 + Shipping, however they don't stock the SGM color. It isn't part of their standard inventory.

The site owner wrote me back:

Originally Posted by Eric Sklut
Custom is $129, and provides you with 6 plugs total. It’s a four week process.

If we had at least five to six orders for the color, we would produce it and add it to inventory ourselves, otherwise we go the custom route.
If I went the custom route, that would mean, each set of two would be about $40, and it would also leave me with 2 extra sets which I couldn't officially sell here since I am not a vendor.

If I can get him to add it to inventory, it would be $25 per person plus shipping.

Can anyone support?

I'm not trying to get a buy going, I hope this doesn't get shut down.

-Brian

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 07-17-06 at 10:10 AM.
Old 07-13-06, 08:34 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

i dont think your allowed to do this.. club lexus doesnt approve of group buys from non-approved vendors
Old 07-13-06, 08:37 PM
rys
Pole Position

It's not a group buy though, group buy is organizing a purchase using the forum, I'm not trying to get a buy started, I'm just trying to get SGM owners to state their interest.

Vendors are mentioned through out the site, like... Vaistech for instance.

Bumperplugs is mentioned several times on the site as well, but they just don't carry the correct color for SGM owners.

Doesn't seem like there's anything wrong with that.

-Brian
Old 07-13-06, 08:38 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i contacted bumperplugs 2 months ago... about the same thing..... also stated that they dont carry in stock... but can custom order it.....

but i didn't think anyone would be interested.... i just think its expensive for 2 plastic caps =(
Old 07-13-06, 08:43 PM
rys
Pole Position

Originally Posted by imaputz
i contacted bumperplugs 2 months ago... about the same thing..... also stated that they dont carry in stock... but can custom order it.....

but i didn't think anyone would be interested.... i just think its expensive for 2 plastic caps =(
Atleast it's cheaper than buying a whole new bumper.

Hopefully this thread can happen, I'm not interested in a group buy, I just want them to see that we can generate enough interest for them to carry the product.

-Brian
Old 07-13-06, 08:52 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

Group Buys
Group Buys (GB) are allowed ONLY in conjunction with a Club Lexus authorized vendor. ‘Gathering interest’ group buy posts are also not allowed without the prior support of an authorized Club Lexus vendor which can be coordinated directly through the vendor or requested of moderators or the forum administrator. Linking to group buys sponsored by non-CLUB LEXUS vendors or on other forums is not allowed. Inappropriate GB posts will be promptly closed or removed without notice.
Old 07-13-06, 08:54 PM
rys
Pole Position

Dunno how to defend that. I could care less if 5 people from our forums buy SGM plugs. I just want them to carry the product.

Now sure how else to explain that.

-Brian
Old 07-13-06, 09:01 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

i dont really see how its a groupbuy either...... its not like bumperplugs is gonna give us a discount...... its gonna be the same price....

rys is just asking if there were any SGM peeps who wanted thier plates off to contact bumperplugs.. so they can start carrying the color.

basically.... its the same thing as saying... anyone that wanted coilovers... but TIEN wouldn't make them until they knew people were interested in getting them..

edit: if carson-lex wants to groupbuy this... by all means.. please do.... it would save others time.

Last edited by imaputz; 07-13-06 at 09:08 PM.
Old 07-13-06, 09:31 PM
mlee21
Lexus Test Driver

well i tried doing something similar to this.. and was shutdown.. so im just telling you what the mods told me.. nothing more or less.
Old 07-14-06, 06:38 AM
glilly
Pole Position

i found a much cheaper ans easier solution to my holes:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=216590

Greg
Old 07-14-06, 08:14 AM
rys
Pole Position

The difference is that we are trying to get interest in the specific color. Eric already carries a specific color that is a bit darker. I believe he said Basalt Black Metallic, but it is darker than SGM.

-Brian
Old 07-17-06, 10:03 AM
Blahzay
Driver School Candidate

Did your dealership refuse to leave the front plate bracket off? When I placed the order for my SGM IS250 AWD, I made sure they made "no front plate" a condition of sale. I'm in Toronto, Canada where all cars are supposed to have front plates, but the dealership didn't seem to mind omitting it - I'm sure as long as they had a sale they didn't care, and hey its a little less work for them do leave it off anyway.

I actually had them give me the bracket, which is in my trunk along with the front plate. Its been 3 months so far and no problems from the cops yet....fingers crossed.
Old 07-17-06, 10:11 AM
rys
Pole Position

They would have left the front plate off if I had recieved my car.

Without going into too much detail, I basically ended up with the car I wanted minus the rear park assist and with a front plate holder.

I had placed a special order with a request to leave the plate off - Failing the special order for many reasons, they managed to find nearly a match for my requested vehicle (it became a preferenced order), but the plate holder was already installed.

-Brian
Old 07-17-06, 10:13 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by rys
Bumper plugs are usually about $25.00 + Shipping, however they don't stock the SGM color. It isn't part of their standard inventory.
You can buy the regular bumper plugs, and try using OEM paint to color them. It may be cheaper...

Originally Posted by rys
If I went the custom route, that would mean, each set of two would be about $40, and it would also leave me with 2 extra sets which I couldn't officially sell here since I am not a vendor.
If you decide to do this, you can sell an item or two through CL Classifieds. You may find someone to purchase a couple from you.

You can post it up on the IS250 / IS350 Classifieds.

Good luck and keep us informed with the progress.