IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I can't get VDIM to turn off....

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-06 | 04:20 PM
ALEX_IS350
Driver School Candidate

Default I can't get VDIM to turn off....

Hey guys I tried the trick posted on here to turn off VDIM but it won't work. Heres what I am doing: Start car with e brake on, then I release e brake put ebrake back on then release it again ( this is done while holding foot brake down as well ), then I hit the brake peddle twice. This is the right way right???? let me know.

Alex
Old 07-14-06 | 04:41 PM
AznJason
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ALEX_IS350
Hey guys I tried the trick posted on here to turn off VDIM but it won't work. Heres what I am doing: Start car with e brake on, then I release e brake put ebrake back on then release it again ( this is done while holding foot brake down as well ), then I hit the brake peddle twice. This is the right way right???? let me know.

Alex
I believe you start with eBrake on, release, put it back on, release, then put it back on (all while holding down the foot brake), then release the brake pedal and push it (x2), then repeat the eBrake part again if it didn't work.

After pumping the eBrake twice, you should have both eBrake and foot brake depressed.
After pumping the foot brake twice, they should both be depressed again.

I believe that's the correct procedure.
Old 07-14-06 | 05:02 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

no its E-brake on...start car with reg brake down( of course)....release reg brake...press reg brake...release reg brake...press and hold reg brake...release E-brake...press E-brake...release E-brake...press and hold E-brake...release reg brake...press reg brake....release reg brake...press reg brake and trac light should come on. hope that works for ya.
Old 07-14-06 | 05:21 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I've always done it the way AznJason indicated, and it works every time for me. Start car with both e-brake and brake down... Pump e-brake twice (while holding brake down) and end with both e-brake and regular brakes down... Pump brake twice (while e-brake is engaged) and end with both e-brake and brakes engaged.

Javier
Old 07-14-06 | 06:49 PM
qwerty123
Driver School Candidate

Default VDIM Shut Down

Use this at your own risk

Once the car is started, you have thirty seconds to complete the process. With practice, the procedure can be completed in approximately fifteen seconds but, unfortunately, must be repeated each time the car is switched off.
1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine.
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
6. Disengage the parking brake.
7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.
8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Engage the parking brake.
12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
When “Check VSC” is displayed in the multifunction display along with the “Trac-off” icon indicator, you’ll know that you have successfully completed the procedure
Old 07-15-06 | 07:56 PM
Lexo350
Pole Position

This might be a stupid question but how do you turn VDIM back on if you wanted to?
Old 07-15-06 | 08:46 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Turn off car and turn back on. It resets every time.
Old 07-16-06 | 09:18 AM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

I am trying to get a switch made to just do that process for me because when your at the track you dont always have the time to do the hole process. every time you start your car to move up in line and then you are always in a rush to go so it is hard to do it everytime you start your car.
Old 07-16-06 | 11:34 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by qwerty123
Use this at your own risk

Once the car is started, you have thirty seconds to complete the process. With practice, the procedure can be completed in approximately fifteen seconds but, unfortunately, must be repeated each time the car is switched off.
1. Make sure the car is in Park and the parking brake is disengaged before you start the car.
2. Start the engine.
3. Engage the parking brake.
4. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
5. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
6. Disengage the parking brake.
7. Fully depress and hold down the brake pedal.
8. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
9. Engage the parking brake, then disengage it (while holding down the brake pedal).
10. Release the brake pedal.
11. Engage the parking brake.
12. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
13. Fully depress the brake pedal and then release.
When “Check VSC” is displayed in the multifunction display along with the “Trac-off” icon indicator, you’ll know that you have successfully completed the procedure
Your sequence works perfectly!! I can now get the Traction control disabled easily. This sequence is different than the others posted in that the rest say
1. start the car with e-brake on
2. depress the brake pedal and then release twice and hold
3. depress e-brake twice and make sure it holds
4. depress the brake pedal and then release twice more and the Traction control light should come on. If not repeat steps 2,3,4.

This method doesn't work well for me and it's always a hit or miss, but your sequence works perfectly 100% of the time. THANKS!!
Old 07-16-06 | 11:46 AM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

qwerty123 Use this at your own risk

So I wonder since the other way doesn't say "check VCS" it just shows the trac light does it really shut everything off, or just enable the trac control to stay off past the 40mph limit?
Old 07-18-06 | 11:43 PM
albertchun
Driver School Candidate

guys i have been reading you guys trick to turn off TCS. i just got my IS250 in Hong Kong yesterday and found that i could easily turn it off with a switch. or you guys are talking about something else which requires the break pedal trick?
Old 07-18-06 | 11:54 PM
buhda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by albertchun
guys i have been reading you guys trick to turn off TCS. i just got my IS250 in Hong Kong yesterday and found that i could easily turn it off with a switch. or you guys are talking about something else which requires the break pedal trick?
The switch only works til a certain mph, i can't remember exactly but I think it turns back on after 25mph
Old 07-19-06 | 11:56 PM
HaveBlue
Driver

Originally Posted by IS350JY
I am trying to get a switch made to just do that process for me because when your at the track you dont always have the time to do the hole process. every time you start your car to move up in line and then you are always in a rush to go so it is hard to do it everytime you start your car.
Unfortunately it takes more than a simple switch unless Lexus is willing to make some firmware changes to fix the existing switch.

I finally have a working defeat module prototype. Start the car, push a button until the VSC lights in a few seconds. I had a hell of a time getting one of the chips and had to have them shipped from Ohio. Then it only functioned on 9V so I had to add a voltage regulator too. I'm in the process of transferring it to a PCB board. Then I'll leave it in the car for a while to test it. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. They're a heck of a lot of work to build so I'm not sure how many, if any, I'll be able to make available to others before my wife divorces me for lack of attention...
Old 07-20-06 | 05:38 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HaveBlue
Unfortunately it takes more than a simple switch unless Lexus is willing to make some firmware changes to fix the existing switch.

I finally have a working defeat module prototype. Start the car, push a button until the VSC lights in a few seconds. I had a hell of a time getting one of the chips and had to have them shipped from Ohio. Then it only functioned on 9V so I had to add a voltage regulator too. I'm in the process of transferring it to a PCB board. Then I'll leave it in the car for a while to test it. I'll post a pic when I get a chance. They're a heck of a lot of work to build so I'm not sure how many, if any, I'll be able to make available to others before my wife divorces me for lack of attention...
Tell her to be patient and that the work will pay itself off. Also flowers for the hun buns wouldn't hurt either.