IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

2IS Sunshield Recommendation (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-06, 05:42 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I decided to cancel my order with Sewell to get another product by Covercraft.

The one by Covercraft is alot more sturdy and it doesn't not roll up, but instead if folds up.

I had it on my old car and it was great!

It's a bit more expensive though.

http://www.covercraft.com/windshield_heat_shield.htm

I ordered it from www.jnkproducts.com they happened to be the cheapest.
Old 07-19-06, 06:02 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Does this spoiler have the little curve, so it doesn't block the Lexus emblem?
Also, does the spoiler really block the third brake light?
Old 07-19-06, 06:17 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought one of these from Sewell too. It is actually from Canvasworks. It's pretty good quality. I've had one in my Integra for the last 10 years until the brutally intense Florida sun cooked it and it got all brittle and literally started to crumble apart. It's $30 well spent IMO. If the sun was able to desintigrate the sunshield, imagine what it would have done to my dash/interior.
Old 07-19-06, 08:12 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Park Place sells Heatshield. Sewell sells Intro-Tech.

Different brands I suppose. It looks different enough.
Not that it really matters but I'm looking at my receipt from Sewell that sent me a Heatshield.
Old 07-19-06, 11:43 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by al503
Not that it really matters but I'm looking at my receipt from Sewell that sent me a Heatshield.
D'oh! I stand corrected. Good thing I decided to cancel, or else I would have two of the same thing.
Old 07-19-06, 11:51 PM
flyfl1pguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so what is the good sunshade?
Old 07-20-06, 12:53 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i just use mine from my last car... one of those spring shades that you fold the 2 circles together and do some lil twist n turn and it folds into a lil circle. i'd get one of those other shades but they're too big when they're folded or rolled up.
Old 07-20-06, 06:25 AM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

FYI Pocky, I had the fold up one in your picture and it came apart at the folds after a year or so and then the silver part started chipping off in pieces. It was used daily though. I still liked the Heatshield a lot better.
Old 07-20-06, 09:26 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by is4me2
FYI Pocky, I had the fold up one in your picture and it came apart at the folds after a year or so and then the silver part started chipping off in pieces. It was used daily though. I still liked the Heatshield a lot better.
Oh, I know what you mean. My old one started to chip a little, but I didn't fall apart after using it for 3 years. I know my friend who uses it on his BMW is falling apart completely. But personally for me, it is still better to use IMO. The Heatshield doesn't even stay in place. It always bows at in the middle thus making it fall off the visors. What I'm doing right now is taking the visor off the hook and moving it down and inward holding the heatshield. In the long run, my plastic hook that holds the visors will become worn and it won't hook the visors anymore.
Old 07-20-06, 09:46 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
i just use mine from my last car... one of those spring shades that you fold the 2 circles together and do some lil twist n turn and it folds into a lil circle. i'd get one of those other shades but they're too big when they're folded or rolled up.
That's what I'm using as well. The fit is very snug. I don't have to use the visors to support the sun shade.
Old 07-20-06, 12:01 PM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

yeah same here. i just sorta bend the edges in and it sticks itself between the pillars and the window. i need a new one those cuz the fabric on mine is ripping around the edges. my old work used to sell these but they were the metallic finished ones. shoulda jacked some while i could... hahah
Old 08-15-06, 05:59 PM
Bourne3306
Driver School Candidate

Question Sunshade....

Hey guys have any of you used, or are using the introtech sunshade custom fit for the Lexus? If so do you recomend it? If not what kinds do you recomend? Thank you all for your responses!!!!!!!!
Old 08-15-06, 06:11 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

I've merged several similar sunshade questions together and am adding this to the 2IS FAQ.
Old 03-08-07, 12:44 PM
xwhite250
Driver School Candidate

Default windshield sunshade

What's up CL...
So i am noticing a little bit of fading on my leather and i am thinking of getting a windshield sunshade to protect the leather. I have no choice put to park outdoors when I am at work so i think it may help protect the sensitive leather... specially since summer is coming, it might be a good move. Any advice? particularly, i want something that is not too flimsy and something that will not take me a too much effort\time to put on... Is anyone using the intro-tech windshield sunshade from http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist....34&ModelID=150 ? Appreciate the help.
Old 03-08-07, 12:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,260 Likes on 1,373 Posts

Originally Posted by xwhite250
What's up CL...
So i am noticing a little bit of fading on my leather and i am thinking of getting a windshield sunshade to protect the leather. I have no choice put to park outdoors when I am at work so i think it may help protect the sensitive leather... specially since summer is coming, it might be a good move. Any advice? particularly, i want something that is not too flimsy and something that will not take me a too much effort\time to put on... Is anyone using the intro-tech windshield sunshade from http://www.lexus-parts.com/partlist....34&ModelID=150 ? Appreciate the help.
xwhite, I've merged your question with the ongoing sunshade post that is listed in the 2IS FAQ

Quick Reply: 2IS Sunshield Recommendation (merged threads)