IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lighting mods

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-08 | 12:05 AM
brtnrdr1x
Pole Position

i actually just did a full LED conversion on my 2gen IS..purchased the front/rear dome LED (chips/panels) off ebay (I SEARCHED EBAY)..bought rest off V-LEDS.com...(2) 194 bulbs FLANK w/ 6 leds for vanity mirrors, (2) 194 HI-power FLANK for puddles & I think the 921 -5 led backup light..very easy install and i yanked the mirrors off cuz i got some ***** hahaha.looks 20x better than al stock lights!! PM me if u need specific instructions!! i just did these 2 days ago! for non-hid bulbs that won't blow your fuse and look like hid's..go to luminicsUSA.com i am installing my 3000k fogs and 6000k DRL/High beams tomorrow, the site also offers a vehicle bulb specification chart!
Old 10-23-08 | 10:44 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

what bulbs to use for the Courtesy lamp bulbs? We can't use LEDs right? I am trying to get a blue one... HELP>??
Old 10-23-08 | 10:46 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
what bulbs to use for the Courtesy lamp bulbs? We can't use LEDs right? I am trying to get a blue one... HELP>??
please define the location of these bulbs you speak of...
Old 10-24-08 | 08:30 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
please define the location of these bulbs you speak of...
the ones which are supposedly red..... the one at the door... and also llamaboiz... what's the brightest puddle lamps at the sde mirrors i also need to get thos changed ;D
Old 10-24-08 | 11:36 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

the ones which are supposedly red..... the one at the door... and also llamaboiz... what's the brightest puddle lamps at the sde mirrors i also need to get thos changed ;D
ahh ok now i understand, for the doors.

to attain this look you'll need:

Part #81230-47010, you'll have to order TWO of that # for the clear lens from either a lexus or toyota dealership, call around for the cheepest price.

The bulb is THIS, order 2 pair, one for the doors and one for the side mirrors.
Old 10-24-08 | 12:02 PM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

Does anyone have any pictures of what the city/parking light looks like with a non LED bulb such as a Polarg Hyper White bulb? I find that the LEDs are a little too blue in my opinion and want something less blue.
Old 10-24-08 | 12:14 PM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Too bad they don't have a Light Moderator LOL I'd vote for you llama!
Old 10-24-08 | 12:18 PM
Chekmi21
Lead Lap

Does anyone have pictures of the HOEN Xenon Match Fog Light Bulbs? They aren't actually HID bulbs but just regular bulbs that are supposed to be a super close match to the factory HID color.

Also, if you are using these, do you have your foglights always on "on"? Or do you switch them on manually? I always have my foglights on "on" and I've experienced that when you do this with aftermarket bulbs, it tends to reduce the life of the bulb.
Old 10-24-08 | 06:26 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

llama, would the flanks' light would touch the floors i was thinking of white polargs for the sides anything to recommend? i want something to hit the floors...
Old 10-24-08 | 07:17 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

llama, would the flanks' light would touch the floors i was thinking of white polargs for the sides anything to recommend? i want something to hit the floors...
ok now you white instead of blue? now when you talk about the flanks touching the floors... umm... the mirror? since the flanks will fire downward into the lens, that is the best you can do to 'touch the floor' safely without using much higher power type bulbs that may blow fuses.

As for polrags, overpriced thou not overrated... i am a firm believer in the Vled brand for price vs performance vs looks.
Old 10-24-08 | 11:59 PM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
ok now you white instead of blue? now when you talk about the flanks touching the floors... umm... the mirror? since the flanks will fire downward into the lens, that is the best you can do to 'touch the floor' safely without using much higher power type bulbs that may blow fuses.

As for polrags, overpriced thou not overrated... i am a firm believer in the Vled brand for price vs performance vs looks.
so you are saying i should use the flanks as well to put at the puddle lamps near the side mirrors??? i thought the flanks that u showed would fire sideways not downwards... if put at the puddle lamps? because the puddle lamps have different way of putting it in?

Last edited by acefalcon2; 10-25-08 at 12:01 AM. Reason: improve clarity of question
Old 10-25-08 | 03:41 AM
SeOuLiS250
Lexus Champion

so uh..a question
why do you guys use the LED board instead of just replacing the bulbs?
cuz it's brighter??
what are the benefits of using the LED board?
Old 10-25-08 | 05:02 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

so you are saying i should use the flanks as well to put at the puddle lamps near the side mirrors??? i thought the flanks that u showed would fire sideways not downwards... if put at the puddle lamps? because the puddle lamps have different way of putting it in?
ok, the mirror harness will make the flank bulb to fire either downward (which you want) or upward (which you DONT want). The door harness will make the flank bulb to either face towards the cabin (which you want) or face the door panel (which you dont want). Everything depends on the way the harness allows you 'position' the bulb, thus the flanks will work in the side mirror/door/vanity sunvisior.

Originally Posted by SeOuLiS250
so uh..a question
why do you guys use the LED board instead of just replacing the bulbs?
cuz it's brighter??
what are the benefits of using the LED board?
LED bulbs use less power/last longer and most importantly LOOK better than a regular filiment bulb. Using those blue glass type bulbs are just ghetto
Old 10-25-08 | 11:33 AM
Sytfu_IS
Lexus Champion

Will these work on my DRL or just City lights?
http://www.v-leds.com/Shop/Control/P...id/0/SFV/32481

I'm trying to get a noticeable blueish look on my DRL. Also what lighting board are most of you guys using?

Oh and will these work for puddle lamp?

Last edited by Sytfu_IS; 10-25-08 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-25-08 | 11:50 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by yayitscola
Will these work on my DRL or just City lights?

I'm trying to get a noticeable blueish look on my DRL. Also what lighting board are most of you guys using?
Yes that would work for your parking lite, the drl is a 9005 type bulb. *NOTE* I do hope your a police officer or some sort of law enforcement if your gonna run that blue lite.

Originally Posted by yayitscola
Oh and will these work for puddle lamp?
Yes they would work.