IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Lighting mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-06, 04:41 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay, just got in from basically drowning myself sweating in this 100+ degree heat, changed out the mirror lights and the rear dome light. took a while on the first mirror light becuase i didn't want to break anything, but after i finished one side, i knocked out the other side in like 5 minutes. looks good. i put in the 5 led refractors in the side mirror, looks bright enough for me, i put the car in the garage and shut it and it looked pretty good, the originals are of course alot brighter but the leds are good, they shine on the ground and such so its good enough for me. the rear dome like were the v-led.com ones i got on ebay, they are really bright and when i locked the car and walked up to the car with the key fob, the cars interior looks nice, i love it!!! i haven't gotten the other leds i ordered on ebay yet so the trunk and the front dome lights will be done soon.

Last edited by PNice972; 07-20-06 at 04:44 PM.
Old 07-20-06, 05:42 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PNice972
okay, just got in from basically drowning myself sweating in this 100+ degree heat, changed out the mirror lights and the rear dome light. took a while on the first mirror light becuase i didn't want to break anything, but after i finished one side, i knocked out the other side in like 5 minutes. looks good. i put in the 5 led refractors in the side mirror, looks bright enough for me, i put the car in the garage and shut it and it looked pretty good, the originals are of course alot brighter but the leds are good, they shine on the ground and such so its good enough for me. the rear dome like were the v-led.com ones i got on ebay, they are really bright and when i locked the car and walked up to the car with the key fob, the cars interior looks nice, i love it!!! i haven't gotten the other leds i ordered on ebay yet so the trunk and the front dome lights will be done soon.
what size bulb did you order for the trunk light? I tried to change it with the regular rear dome light but it wouldn't fit. If you can get a bulb to fit, please let me know.
Old 07-20-06, 06:34 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by pocky
Oh...haaaaah.....Yeah...I didn't get it.
LMAO!!!!
Old 07-21-06, 05:18 PM
jewel
Lead Lap

How do I get the vanity mirror lights to come out? :X
Old 07-21-06, 05:46 PM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Grab a corner and pull!

Payam, I swear..I'm not stupid....
Old 07-21-06, 07:23 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jewel
How do I get the vanity mirror lights to come out? :X
pull it kinda down at the same time as u pull it out
Old 07-21-06, 08:01 PM
jewel
Lead Lap

i was trying to get the clear part out and not the bezel too... such a moron.

Almost complete, I just can't figure out the front dome lights.... I took the screws out, and now the front portion (closest to windshield) is loose and falling down, but there seems to be 2 clips that are sticking forward and not letting me pull the whole set down. How do I get the back portion to fall down like in the picture? Am I suppose to remove the whole thing? Where are the tabs at?
Old 07-22-06, 02:01 AM
pocky
mooncake master

i was trying to get the clear part out and not the bezel too... such a moron.

Almost complete, I just can't figure out the front dome lights.... I took the screws out, and now the front portion (closest to windshield) is loose and falling down, but there seems to be 2 clips that are sticking forward and not letting me pull the whole set down. How do I get the back portion to fall down like in the picture? Am I suppose to remove the whole thing? Where are the tabs at?
Once you get out the two screws the front part will be loose, then you need to remove the two clips holding onto it. Sneak your finger into the corner where your DOOR & On & Off button is and just give it a good yank. You pull on the opposite side of the loose part towards the rear.
Old 07-22-06, 02:03 AM
pinoychris
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
Once you get out the two screws the front part will be loose, then you need to remove the two clips holding onto it. Sneak your finger into the corner where your DOOR & On & Off button is and just give it a good yank. You pull on the opposite side of the loose part towards the rear.
Ray, I'm too lazy to do the mods for my car... buy everything and I'll pay you to install everything just like you have it set up. =D haha j/k
Old 07-22-06, 02:05 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Originally Posted by pinoychris
Ray, I'm too lazy to do the mods for my car... buy everything and I'll pay you to install everything just like you have it set up. =D haha j/k
HAHA, suure. I'll do it all for you, just trade me your silver trims You know you want wood trim.
Old 07-22-06, 12:06 PM
iorchii
Driver School Candidate

did anyone happen to notice that there isn't any lighting for the trunk.
i was just getting my stuff the other day from the trunk of my car and dude it was dark, pitch black I had to go get a flash light to get my stuff...
Old 07-22-06, 12:17 PM
FrankyJ
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iorchii
i was just getting my stuff the other day from the trunk of my car and dude it was dark, pitch black I had to go get a flash light to get my stuff...
wrong, there is a light
Old 07-22-06, 12:53 PM
PNice972
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by iorchii
open your trunk next time and look underneath where the center is, you will see the light and there a a switch. they leave it off from the factory for some reason.
Old 07-22-06, 05:08 PM
jewel
Lead Lap

btw the light in the trunk is a friggin festoon >_<
gotta order another set of leds just for that...

im using refractor leds for most of mine, anyone able to get good results from the ultra bright ones?
Old 07-22-06, 05:43 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

btw the light in the trunk is a friggin festoon >_<
gotta order another set of leds just for that...

im using refractor leds for most of mine, anyone able to get good results from the ultra bright ones?
I opened it up and it was a festoon, but the festoon 31mm i used for the back dome lights doesn't fit. I was wondering which size it uses, because I can't find the smaller festoon LED bulbs.

Try to put it in with the festoon LED you used for the back dome light and see if it works.