IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
View Poll Results: Which is a better car OVERALL?
Lexus IS350
88.15%
BMW 330i
11.85%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-06, 07:53 PM
ecr527
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 330i is also a very good car, but overall, I would still go for the IS. I mean common now, I go with the Bimmer and I have to pay extra for metallic paint?? and how about leatherette?? a ka pleather.
Old 07-21-06, 08:22 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

like i said before, after all of the little things that bimmer jips you out of, lexus is a much better car in every catagory.

Last edited by IS350JY; 07-21-06 at 09:25 PM.
Old 07-21-06, 09:54 PM
akhbhaat
Rookie

Ask this question in a BMW forum and see what happens.

WHY WOULD YOU BUY THE CAR YOU THINK IS WORSE?! Most people posting here at either Lexus owners or prospective Lexus owners.

Which car one thinks of as better depends entirely upon the values and priorities one has. The Lexus has more features and luxury amenities. The BMW is significantly more fun to drive. If you would prefer to think of your car as a rolling living room, then the Lexus is the obvious choice. If you think of driving as a form of entertainment, you'll choose the BMW.

Why do people waste their time coming up with rubbish threads like this?

Last edited by akhbhaat; 07-21-06 at 09:59 PM.
Old 07-21-06, 09:56 PM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

I think the Lexus is more fun to drive then the BMW. So do many other people i talked to that drove both cars.
Old 07-21-06, 10:08 PM
akhbhaat
Rookie

Originally Posted by IS350JY
I think the Lexus is more fun to drive then the BMW. So do many other people i talked to that drove both cars.
I take it you'd rather watch the game on TV than actually go to the stadium, eh?
Old 07-21-06, 10:15 PM
Belmont
Pole Position

Oh please, you're not going to go into the whole, "BMW has more soul!" soon are you?

Old 07-21-06, 11:06 PM
akhbhaat
Rookie

Originally Posted by Belmont
Oh please, you're not going to go into the whole, "BMW has more soul!" soon are you?

I don't give a damn about BMW, or any other car manufacturer. I just buy the most appealing car available to me at the given time.
Old 07-21-06, 11:17 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

having the pleasure to drive both, give me the BMW 330i over the IS350. I already have a GS400 that suits my luxury needs. For fun factor, the 330 takes the car. The steering is more precise and feels more confidence. Toyota needs to work on their steering mechanism. Thats probably the only downfall of the IS-series relative to the BMW. Honestly, the IS has everything already: speed, luxury, reliability, etc. It just doesn't quite stand up to the driving experience that you'll get in the BMW. A buddy of mine was so set on getting an IS250, but he hated the isolated feeling, so he got a G35 instead .

1999 Lexus GS400
-Stock

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page.
Old 07-21-06, 11:45 PM
Chi-town
Pole Position

Originally Posted by akhbhaat
Ask this question in a BMW forum and see what happens.

WHY WOULD YOU BUY THE CAR YOU THINK IS WORSE?! Most people posting here at either Lexus owners or prospective Lexus owners.

Which car one thinks of as better depends entirely upon the values and priorities one has. The Lexus has more features and luxury amenities. The BMW is significantly more fun to drive. If you would prefer to think of your car as a rolling living room, then the Lexus is the obvious choice. If you think of driving as a form of entertainment, you'll choose the BMW.

Why do people waste their time coming up with rubbish threads like this?
Why would you even waste your valuable time responding to a thread that you believe to be pure rubbish? Don't answer, no matter what you come up with it will not make any sense.

Secondly, just because this is a "Lexus" board does not dilute ones choice of vehicle brand. IMO, I believe wholeheartedly, that most who own the IS voted with their Benjamin Franklin's, to choose the IS over the BMW; me being one.

I thoroughly researched both vehicles and a few others prior to purchasing my IS. BMW's have a history of being service station nightmares; many BMW owners have their service managers number on speed dial. Give me practical and functional over functional anyday.

Bottom line I agree with most of your post, besides the two exceptions noted above.
Old 07-22-06, 01:32 AM
brentweiss
Rookie

i know this is about the 330 and is350 but i didnt know where else to post this and thought yall would wanna see, this was the first pic i have seen of the new m3 that didnt have all the tape crap on it......this car is hot!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D
Old 07-22-06, 02:24 AM
DrShoe
Lead Lap

Every car owner has different opinions even if they drive the same car, i.e. some IS owners think Nav is a must while some think it's a waste of $2500 (same with other options, etc). Obviously if someone buys a 330i instead of the IS350, they have their own reasoning and vice versa. It's not like they spin a bottle and buys the car it points to. When I was looking at new cars, I did not consider the 330i all that much, if at all. It came down to the G35 coupe and IS350 which I chose the latter. The IS fits me better and thats why I bought it. We are all biased so comparing cars in the same class does not yield much of anything.

I'll post this again when the 2007 G35 hits the streets, which BTW has the same 306hp as the IS350.
Old 07-22-06, 06:58 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS350JY
Also the IS350 has more potential when you add mods to it such as performance parts even though there arent alot out yet and things like rims and a body kit.
If there isn't anything out yet for it, then how can you make that determination? What's to say that Toyota hasn't already pretty well maxed out the 3.5's capabilities, without resorting to a super/turbo charger?
Old 07-22-06, 07:07 AM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

there are thing out already but notto the point where you can just get anything and everything you want. There are people with alot of different things and then i meet some people already that got with different companys and already have a supercharger and stuff like that. Its just not to thepoint where anyone can go out and get all of that stuff yet. Thats what i meant.
Old 07-22-06, 07:13 AM
IS350JY
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by brentweiss
i know this is about the 330 and is350 but i didnt know where else to post this and thought yall would wanna see, this was the first pic i have seen of the new m3 that didnt have all the tape crap on it......this car is hot!

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgu...l%3Den%26lr%3D
That car does look good but were not comparing it to the is350. If you want get a picture of the new is500 and compare the new m3 to the is500. The Is looks better and had much more power. The new m3 is going to have 400 horsepower and the IS500 will have 500 horsepower. Once again the lexus will win. Not to mention that the price of the m3 will be THROUGH THE ROOF!
Old 07-22-06, 07:51 AM
Belmont
Pole Position

What's to say that Toyota hasn't already pretty well maxed out the 3.5's capabilities, without resorting to a super/turbo charger?
I'm sorry, but if you had a clue you'd know how ridiculous your comment sounds.

Quick Reply: Lexus IS350 vs. BMW 330i