IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

IS 350 for 11,000? HUH?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-06, 10:58 AM
TurboRush
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

INquire and I am sure you'll get something back along the lines of "car in in europe, please send me money and I'll ship"
Old 07-25-06, 11:09 AM
Style2k6
Pole Position

The vin number issue is enough to make me turn and run away .
Old 07-25-06, 11:11 AM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TurboRush
INquire and I am sure you'll get something back along the lines of "car in in europe, please send me money and I'll ship"
True i have seen alot of those. I just moved and brough car here. But they wont let me register the vechile here. Please send (enter low amount here) and ill pay to have the car shipped back to you.
Old 07-25-06, 11:12 AM
Bichon
Super Moderator

Received 270 Likes on 239 Posts

Originally Posted by integlikew
What do you think is really going on? The seller has 100% positive feed back from along time ago. I understand with a new and made up ebay name and ID.
I answered this a few posts up. Lots of eBay IDs are falling into the hands of criminals through phishing scams. (You know, the fake emails you get that look like they are from eBay, saying that someone was trying to break into your account and asking you to reconfirm you identify. When you click, you get taken to a fake eBay login page that steals your login credentials)
Old 07-25-06, 12:29 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Last year i had my 2002 bmw330cic listed on autotrader.com.. I get this email from a
guy that's supposedly wants to send me a check for my car,, ($5,000) more than
what i asked.. then he expected me to send him the car and wire him the remainder of the money..
I realized it was a scam about 2-3 emails into it.. So i went along, for a goof, and also
to get his hopes up... Sure enough i received a certified bank check ($35,000) about 2 weeks later, with no return address. .lol.. I waited about 2 days then emailed him and told him the checked had cleared and that i wanted him to call me so i can wire him the money.. he calls with a blocked phone# of course, and says "hey send me the money" with some sort of weird accent.. Im pretty sure he was calling from the UK.. I told him, sure no prob but let me call you right back,.. So, he gives me a fake number.. Of course, i had to mess with him a little longer, and send a few emails saying im sending the money today, then when i realized his hopes were shattered, i told him the FBI has every email and also recorded your phone call right from day 1.. lol
Old 07-25-06, 12:40 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Tony1
Last year i had my 2002 bmw330cic listed on autotrader.com.. I get this email from a
guy that's supposedly wants to send me a check for my car,, ($5,000) more than
what i asked.. then he expected me to send him the car and wire him the remainder of the money..
I realized it was a scam about 2-3 emails into it.. So i went along, for a goof, and also
to get his hopes up... Sure enough i received a certified bank check ($35,000) about 2 weeks later, with no return address. .lol.. I waited about 2 days then emailed him and told him the checked had cleared and that i wanted him to call me so i can wire him the money.. he calls with a blocked phone# of course, and says "hey send me the money" with some sort of weird accent.. Im pretty sure he was calling from the UK.. I told him, sure no prob but let me call you right back,.. So, he gives me a fake number.. Of course, i had to mess with him a little longer, and send a few emails saying im sending the money today, then when i realized his hopes were shattered, i told him the FBI has every email and also recorded your phone call right from day 1.. lol
These people are from nigera. And the FBI in the US cannot do anything about it. The nigerian government does not cooperate with the US. So those people just look for suckers who fall for it and dont even have to worry about getting caught.