IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

stock alarm?

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-06, 02:49 PM
06i
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry stock alarm?

just got back from vacation and my car got broken into.

i read on a post somewhere that if the door windows are broken the alarm will go off?

the sonso***********es broken in through the sunroof and climbed in... seats are all scratched up and roof is dented.

does the stock alarm not have a shock sensor?

end rant.
Old 07-30-06, 02:54 PM
conekiller
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by 06i
just got back from vacation and my car got broken into.

i read on a post somewhere that if the door windows are broken the alarm will go off?

the sonso***********es broken in through the sunroof and climbed in... seats are all scratched up and roof is dented.

does the stock alarm not have a shock sensor?

end rant.
That's an awful lot of trouble to go through in order to steal something...what did they steal and was it visible from outside the car?
Old 07-30-06, 02:59 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

No I do not believe it does so if they wanted to they could have broken the side windows and go in without setting the alarm off. There was another thread where they side window was broken and some laptops were stolen. Sorry to here about your car being broken into
Old 07-30-06, 02:59 PM
06i
Driver

Originally Posted by conekiller
That's an awful lot of trouble to go through in order to steal something...what did they steal and was it visible from outside the car?

not just my car, about 10 cars, all through the sunroof

nothing visible from outside, they took about 10 packs of gum and some spare change
Old 07-30-06, 03:41 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow...they must really have been craving some Bubblicious. Just ride around your neighborhood until you see a bunch of thugs having bubble blowing contests, and then kick some ***.

I don't know that an alarm would have even helped this. Did any other the 10 vehicles they broke into have a shock sensor?
Old 07-30-06, 05:08 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry to hear about your car. a break in is always painful even if nothing was stolen and the repair can be done.

you mean you got some bad information from here? on club lexus?
Old 07-30-06, 05:21 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

sorry to hear that.

My friend's Is250 alarm broke after 2 months. She is waiting for the replacement parts from lexus and yes, they will fix it for free.
Old 07-30-06, 10:59 PM
06i
Driver

Originally Posted by kensteele
sorry to hear about your car. a break in is always painful even if nothing was stolen and the repair can be done.

you mean you got some bad information from here? on club lexus?

ya i remember reading a post from some guy that said his alarm went off when somebody smashed his rear door window...
Old 07-30-06, 11:36 PM
dana_daen
Driver

Dealer told me if they smash the window and then unlock the door the alarm will engage, if they just smash the window I dont think any alrm is triggered.
Old 07-31-06, 09:45 AM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My IS350 was broken into about 3 weeks ago through the driver window. They didn't open the door, so the alarm didn't activate. There is NO shock, motion, or glass brakeage sensor on the OEM alarm, but it can be added aftermarket. BTW, it took almost 3 weeks and $1988 to repair.
Old 07-31-06, 10:37 AM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Where in CA was your car broken into?

Was it at the airport?
Old 07-31-06, 11:21 AM
islandsnow
Driver

since lexus already includes a half a$$ security system, would it take that much more for them to add on some shock sensors? maybe in the very near future, it should become a standard feature already.

as the car is now, if a thief broke in, they wouldn't be able to start the car and steal it by driving away right? so whats the sense of the alarm? seems like these thiefs know that as long as they don't open the door, the alarm won't sound. in fact, maybe some of them read these forums too.
Old 07-31-06, 12:03 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i dont really have any faith in car alarms, they are set off falsely so often people just dont give a rats *** anymore besides the owner. People dont automatically come out to rescue your car, if they hear an alarm they will just get annoyed, fact of life sad to say. Even if there were a better car alarm, before anyone reacted, the thief already smash and grabbed your stuff and is long gone

dont get why they broke through the sunroof, maybe to grief the owners since i bet the sunroof costs a LOT more than a side window, and the possibility of glass breakage sensors

Last edited by 4TehNguyen; 07-31-06 at 12:07 PM.
Old 07-31-06, 12:10 PM
islandsnow
Driver

i think its a known fact that no one will react to a car alarm thats blaring aside from the fact of being annoyed by the sound. like you said, no one would care except the owner of the vehicle.

but i think if the thief knows there's an alarm (a sensored one), it serves as a deterant more than anything. and they will move on to the next car, without an alarm. but if the thief really wanted something in your car, no matter what kind alarm you have, they will get in.

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
i dont really have any faith in car alarms, they are set off falsely so often people just dont give a rats *** anymore besides the owner. People dont automatically come out to rescue your car, if they hear an alarm they will just get annoyed, fact of life sad to say. Even if there were a better car alarm, before anyone reacted, the thief already smash and grabbed your stuff and is long gone

dont get why they broke through the sunroof, maybe to grief the owners since i bet the sunroof costs a LOT more than a side window, and the possibility of glass breakage sensors
Old 07-31-06, 01:44 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My car was inside my locked garage, and the theives crawled in through a window while I was sleeping. The reason why I wish the car had a factory shock sensor is so that I would have woken up, and met them in the garage with my 9 mm pistol. I believe that a blaring alarm inside a closed garage would have greatly slowed their escape back out the window.

Quick Reply: stock alarm?