IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

GPS Positioning problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-08, 08:32 PM
willang
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the response. My service advisor originally told me that a software upgrade is available but called today to let me know that it is only for the '06.

Told me to bring it in and they will check if the antenna's wire is accidentally unplugged when they were insulating the dashboard to get rid of the rattle.
Old 02-20-08, 11:36 AM
willang
Driver School Candidate

Went to the dealership and they fixed it in 30 mins - they said the antenna jack was not plugged in entirely by the radio.
Old 02-20-08, 11:49 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by willang
Went to the dealership and they fixed it in 30 mins - they said the antenna jack was not plugged in entirely by the radio.
Figures... I'd ask for a free oil change for your trouble / their mistake...
Old 02-20-08, 01:22 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Hey is this only happening with the 06 ISX50s? I just got a 08 IS250 w/ nav, and I wanna know in advance what to expect if any navigation problems should occur. So far my navigation is awesome, but only time will tell???
Old 02-20-08, 01:28 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Little E
Hey is this only happening with the 06 ISX50s? I just got a 08 IS250 w/ nav, and I wanna know in advance what to expect if any navigation problems should occur. So far my navigation is awesome, but only time will tell???
Yes, it was just with the V5.1 disc, which the 2006 model came with... 2007+ is fine...
Old 12-27-08, 01:01 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have an 06 and navi was working fine since day one even with nav hack which i did on day 2 up until now the navi was working flawlessly for 2.5yrs. Ive gone through all the pages and does anyone with nav hack gone in the dealer to have them fix this issue? Would they see that the nav hack has been done and note it on the cars history, and be a$$es and say its not covered since the hack was done and thats why the navi isnt working properly? I really dont want to revert the nav hack since it was a PITA.

I however unplugged the battery for a good 30mins and still nothing, however i lost all my settings except radio stations
Do I need to unplug the battery for a longer period of time?
About a month ago I had the dealer fix the rattle in the dash, could it be that when they were pulling the dash that they might have cause the wires to come loose?
Old 12-27-08, 01:07 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by sr20mofo
I have an 06 and navi was working fine since day one even with nav hack which i did on day 2 up until now the navi was working flawlessly for 2.5yrs. Ive gone through all the pages and does anyone with nav hack gone in the dealer to have them fix this issue? Would they see that the nav hack has been done and note it on the cars history, and be a$$es and say its not covered since the hack was done and thats why the navi isnt working properly? I really dont want to revert the nav hack since it was a PITA.

I however unplugged the battery for a good 30mins and still nothing, however i lost all my settings except radio stations
Do I need to unplug the battery for a longer period of time?
About a month ago I had the dealer fix the rattle in the dash, could it be that when they were pulling the dash that they might have cause the wires to come loose?
What exactly is the problem you are experiencing?

The most common issue is the dealer forgets to connect the nav antenna wire back to the nav unit when putting the dash back together... I personally know about 5 people this has happened to, lol... Yet another reason to avoid dealerships...
Old 12-27-08, 02:14 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

my problems are the same as others that posted on this thread and unplugging the battery didnt help so it might be that when i had the dash rattle TSB done they didnt securely plug the antenna back in? i really dont want to take my car back in to have them pull stuff apart again but it looks like i have no choice.
Old 12-27-08, 02:32 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

my problems are the same as others that posted on this thread and unplugging the battery didnt help so it might be that when i had the dash rattle TSB done they didnt securely plug the antenna back in? i really dont want to take my car back in to have them pull stuff apart again but it looks like i have no choice.
You do have a choice...

Do it yourself! Should take less than 10 minutes to remove the nav unit, plug the antenna wire (and any other connectors they forgot) back in, and put the nav unit back.

Simple as pie...
Old 12-27-08, 03:29 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

takes only 10mins to pull the unit out?! i remember it took me almost 2hrs trying to figure out how to do it and thats with a DIY to follow, making sure i dont break anything which i did anyhow! LOL

where would i find this antenna wire and what does it look like?
Old 12-27-08, 03:48 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

takes only 10mins to pull the unit out?! i remember it took me almost 2hrs trying to figure out how to do it and thats with a DIY to follow, making sure i dont break anything which i did anyhow! LOL

where would i find this antenna wire and what does it look like?
That's 10 minutes TOTAL: 5 minutes to pull the unit out and 5 minutes to put it back

Antenna wire looks like any other antenna wire for any car radio... Single thick cable, with a metal male plug...

Like this:

Old 12-27-08, 05:39 PM
sr20mofo
Instructor

5mins to pull the whole thing out and 5mins to put it back together?? WTH u must be awesome with legos

in the picture which end of the wire needs to plug in and where? or is it obvious once i pull out the nav?

thanks technique for all the help
Old 12-27-08, 06:05 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

5mins to pull the whole thing out and 5mins to put it back together?? WTH u must be awesome with legos

in the picture which end of the wire needs to plug in and where? or is it obvious once i pull out the nav?

thanks technique for all the help
Metal end plugs into the hole in the nav unit
Old 03-08-09, 01:52 AM
tcho82
Lexus Test Driver

Any idea if you ask for the nav update if they still give you version 6.1?
Old 05-11-10, 08:01 AM
Nicelex13
Pole Position

can you still get the TSIB if your car is out of warranty?

Quick Reply: GPS Positioning problem