8.81%
Voters: 454. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Speeding Tix (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 12:23 PM
lirandy
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i got a speeding ticket the next day i bought my car....
Old 08-01-06, 03:05 PM
j|michael
Driver

Originally Posted by Memphisacc
tgara: did you join in on this thread just to state the most obvious view of getting a ticket....Try not being a tool, and using words like keister and punk, and learn to live with the rest of the world a little bit instead of being a tight .....keister or pretending to be internet dad. You dont own the road just like Switch doesn't you follow the rules he breaks the rules. Its really pretty simple. Your owning a licoln(it has the word elite, that must mean it will last more then the term of the lease) maybe a major part of your utter lameness though so forgive me.

Im an SC owner and got my first(first ticket in the lex, 13th ticket in 6 years) ticket 2 weeks ago coming back to memphis from New Orleans. 95 in a 65. Only cost me $160, sure insurance will raise but thats the price i pay.

"a menace on the road way...." I was going to say my grandfather or mother would say that, but they really woudn't... lol
Well said. I am 20, and had had my license suspended for 30 days twice in the past two years. Oregon has a 'Driver Improvement Program' which means if you get more than three tickets in a two year span, your license is automatically suspended for 30 days - no matter what your driving record, or how old you are.

I understand that insane drivers who endanger the lives of others should not be allowed to drive, but the biggest ticket i've ever gotten was 75 in a 55 (our freeway speed limits are ungodly in oregon). i'm pretty sure even you old geezers (since we're punks) drive that fast on the freeway once in a while.

In regards to the IS350, I am pretty sure that I'll be much better off than I was in the Denali. I guarantee that almost every ticket I've gotten was because my car was flashier than everyone else going the same speed. Which is also probably why I've had my car searched three times during regular traffic violation stops.

I really just think the law enforcement needs to start focusing on those that truly DO endanger lives, like drunk/high driving, and people too old to see cars on either side of them, like the guy that side-swiped me last month from a complete stop.
Old 08-01-06, 05:55 PM
Payam
Lexus Test Driver

Well, I voted 0 but I wouldn't say I'm a "safe driver." I've been pulled over twice but talked my way out of both of them....
Old 08-01-06, 07:12 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

None so far, but then I've only had my IS for five months. Valentine helps too, but sometimes I think I have a sixth sense--today coming home at 80-85 mph on the interstate, I thought I should probably slow down. No sooner did I slow down and then rounded a bend and a friendly state trooper was lying in wait. Lucky for me I had slowed down.

I was ticket free for twenty years--that streak was broken when I was stopped one time and the cop asked me "how's your driving record". Somewhat annoyed at getting pulled over, I confidently said great-- haven't had a ticket in 20 years" His reply, twenty years, how about that--he looked and smirked a bit--right then I knew I was screwed.

So I got a ticket, but an attorney friend convinced me to go to municipal court and fight it. I went and had the ticket reduced to a non-point moving violation, thanked the judge, and paid the fine, and ordered a Valentine. Since then I have made sure that I am always polite and respectful whenever I have been stopped. So far no more tickets.
Old 08-02-06, 10:38 AM
cdeslandes
Pole Position

So far so good. Knock on wood trim.
The light rings and the radar detectors and some common sense have so far helped.
Yet I am a relatively fast driver.
Old 08-02-06, 10:48 AM
jsquared
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's only been 3+ months, but none yet. I had one in my old car, going 37 in a 25!

I do drive fast, but controlled, acccording to my friends, and yes, some drivers intuition, or sixth sense, or whatever you wanna call it, plus the light rings help. BTW, im 19.
Old 08-02-06, 01:01 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

NO SPEEDING TICKETS FOR ME!
Attached Images  
Old 08-02-06, 03:07 PM
sab504
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by menech
Freaking got a warning ticket for going over 5 miles. That cop was obviously trying to get my car. The speed limit was 40 and I went 45. I told that ahole that I was slowing down right when I saw it was at 45 which was true because I saw him on the side in the dark. I went straight home and ordered the v1!!!!!!!! Now I feel safe from these bastards who have nothing better to do.
Old 08-03-06, 05:16 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by j|michael
I guarantee that almost every ticket I've gotten was because my car was flashier than everyone else going the same speed.
Whatever.

I speed. But I don't make excuses.
Old 08-03-06, 07:20 PM
LoVeMy06IS
Driver School Candidate

No tix in the IS yet, but I've only had it for a month.. plus, I've been driving alot better since I got it.. I used to drive my celica like a freakin toy car (it practically is) so hopefully I can keep the ticket-free streak going.. plus, i don't think I can afford my insurance being raised even more than it already has since I bought the IS..
Old 08-03-06, 08:34 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

0.... conservative driver here =]
Old 08-04-06, 06:02 AM
Toyota_F1
Pole Position

No tickets for me, but I did get stopped by a cop while I was coming off a circular on-ramp, it was a 25 MPH onramp and I was doing 53 up it. Accelerated up to 65 and stayed steady since I really don't speed and about I mile later I got pulled... He then told me that he had same lane radar and clocked me going 92 up the ramp.

Evidently our cars can defy the laws of physics. At 53 MPH the tires were very unhappy. I informed him that it was physically impossible to take that ramp at 92 and that I had to accelerate up to 65. I was a little concerned I'd lose my employee lease because he was a moron but he came back and told me to slow it down and then went to run over some bunnies or whatever it is cops do for fun. Foolish popo.
Old 08-04-06, 09:13 AM
ISbb
Lexus Test Driver

Since I have my IS I slow a bit because I love my car and I want to be able to drive all the time...
Old 08-04-06, 09:40 AM
ocdavid
Rookie

Been pulled over twice but talked my way out both times.....
Old 08-04-06, 10:32 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Switch
Serve and protect my ***. I'm not endangering anyone, just having fun.
Originally Posted by sab504
Now I feel safe from these bastards who have nothing better to do.
Yup, "those bastards". Good for nothing bastards.

I wonder if you'd be saying the same thing if one of "those bastards" saved your life? Or nabbed the guy that molested your 8 year old daughter? How about if one of "those bastards" took a bullet in the chest to protect one of your family members?

Think about that before you start mouthing off about cops. Try showing some respect for the people that are prepared, at any moment, to put their own life on the line to protect yours.

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 08-07-06 at 07:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Poll: Speeding Tix (merged threads)