Voters: 454. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Speeding Tix (merged threads)

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-06, 12:02 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Wid IS350
This pisses me off. What's your occupation? Walmart security guard?!

Come to the Northeast and meet some of OUR "State-ies" , my friend. They would lock up their own mother, or even Mayor McCheese, for an idiotic move like that.

But don't bring your side arm! that's illegal...
Yeah.. Walmart security guard.. you figured it out. You're an idiot, do your research before you post something like this.

Last edited by AZ JB; 10-28-06 at 12:07 PM.
Old 10-28-06, 04:12 PM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
Yeah.. Walmart security guard.. you figured it out. You're an idiot, do your research before you post something like this.
I'm the idiot?!?! Sorry - but I'm not the one abusing the system and creating a nuisance on public roads. Look in the mirror, Tex, if you care to see the idiot!!!
Old 10-28-06, 05:10 PM
EBMCS03
Lead Lap

Maybe he is a law enforcement who happened to be driving his car and needed to respond to somthing. Bad Boys movie come to mind... You know when they're chasing those Druggies...
Old 10-28-06, 06:43 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by EBMCS03
Maybe he is a law enforcement who happened to be driving his car and needed to respond to somthing. Bad Boys movie come to mind... You know when they're chasing those Druggies...

Wow, someone a little brighter.. You are much more accurate than the moron above you. I of course was not in a Ferrari though
Old 10-30-06, 06:34 AM
Wid IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
Wow, someone a little brighter.. You are much more accurate than the moron above you. I of course was not in a Ferrari though
Local Yocal rookies....
Old 10-30-06, 02:40 PM
lexuspdx
Pole Position

Can't we all just get along...
Old 10-30-06, 03:09 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Every job has its perks. I guess one of them being for police officers is that they get let off with a warning each time, but they aren't going to get out of bad stuff like DUIs and drug offensives. Just like being a Toyota employee gets you sweet deals on Lexus'. It's all apart of the game called life.
Old 10-31-06, 06:28 AM
is350matic
Pole Position

It's funny how people that get caught always blame the cop, bottom line you are stupid enough to get caught and don't blame the cops. It is still part of their job and what would you think happen if the cops don't enforce the law, anarchy. Bottom line, blame your self and just your self. If you want to go fast, take it to a race track. It is a lot fun and cheaper than a speeding ticket because your insurance extra cash for next three years for those extra points in your license.
Old 10-31-06, 03:36 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Julez
Every job has its perks. I guess one of them being for police officers is that they get let off with a warning each time, but they aren't going to get out of bad stuff like DUIs and drug offensives. Just like being a Toyota employee gets you sweet deals on Lexus'. It's all apart of the game called life.
Well said and very true.
Old 10-31-06, 04:17 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

The ability to break the law and get away with it is considered a perk? No wonder our politicians and business heads rape us so much. It's a perk for the good 'ol boys!!
Old 10-31-06, 06:37 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Dabigman
The ability to break the law and get away with it is considered a perk? No wonder our politicians and business heads rape us so much. It's a perk for the good 'ol boys!!
When an officer pulls you over he can give you a ticket at his discretion, even if you did break the law. It is called a warning. How many non-police officers get pulled over and are let off with warnings? That number is probably higher than officers who get pulled over and are let off with warnings. And they can't break any law and get away with it. Only minor infractions are usually let off. The same offensives that normal citizens are let off with are the same ones they let employees off. They don't let an employee off the hook for breaking any law such as drugs/sex/murders.

At anybody's job it is likely you have broken the rules a few times, and a warning was given even though you did break the rule. Apply it to this situation too. Obviously higher infractions don't get a slap on the wrist.
Old 11-01-06, 07:11 PM
uthatch
Driver

I just got my first in my IS today...for 99 mph. God damn Las Vegas cop was completely insane-I never went over 85 all day. Oh well...it looks funny on the ticket.
Old 11-02-06, 08:54 AM
CasperH
Driver School Candidate

Default Good reason for speeding

Just found out yesterday I got a speeding ticket when I was on my way to the dealer to pick up my brand new IS two weeks ago (takes the cops here two weeks to process the pictures taken by movable speed cameras) ..... probably as close as you can get to a valid reason for speeding !
Old 11-02-06, 01:00 PM
Foxberry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Julez
When an officer pulls you over he can give you a ticket at his discretion, even if you did break the law. It is called a warning. How many non-police officers get pulled over and are let off with warnings? That number is probably higher than officers who get pulled over and are let off with warnings. And they can't break any law and get away with it. Only minor infractions are usually let off. The same offensives that normal citizens are let off with are the same ones they let employees off. They don't let an employee off the hook for breaking any law such as drugs/sex/murders.

At anybody's job it is likely you have broken the rules a few times, and a warning was given even though you did break the rule. Apply it to this situation too. Obviously higher infractions don't get a slap on the wrist.
Not meaning to flame anyone, but IMO, getting nabbed at 110 on a major highway is one thing. Officer or not, doing 110 in a 45 mph zone could get someone killed.
Old 11-02-06, 01:09 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Foxberry
Not meaning to flame anyone, but IMO, getting nabbed at 110 on a major highway is one thing. Officer or not, doing 110 in a 45 mph zone could get someone killed.

I wasn't on a highway. I was on a rural open road on the indian reservation.

I guess I shouldn't tell you I've gone 180 in a Supra on the highway to Cali in the middle of the early early morning with no cars on the road.

BTW, I've seen officers let people go for 150mph on the freeway. Discretion is a wonderful thing.

There are much worse things than speeding out there.

Quick Reply: Poll: Speeding Tix (merged threads)