IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stupid Question #6

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-06, 08:01 PM
FatFu
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stupid Question #6

Had the 5K service on the IS350 today and was not impressed with the dealership.

The question is.... if they reset the "OIL MAINTENANCE DUE SOON" light, shouldn't it be off?
Still showing up during the starts.

My first Lexus so not real familar but the Bimmer nanny light went away right after the reset. At the moment I'm thinking this is part of the "good service" I received.
Old 07-31-06, 08:17 PM
redcell
Driver

they didn't reset my oil light either. Do a search for oil light, there is a sequence with the power and odo to reset it yourself....
Old 07-31-06, 08:22 PM
FatFu
Driver School Candidate

Thanks. Looks like I should start doing my own service too.

Originally Posted by redcell
they didn't reset my oil light either. Do a search for oil light, there is a sequence with the power and odo to reset it yourself....
Old 07-31-06, 08:31 PM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

A 'maintenance reset " search resulted in the following...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ntenance+reset

I hope this answers your question.
Old 07-31-06, 08:34 PM
nighthawk
Pole Position

may i ask where did you go for your service?
Old 07-31-06, 08:37 PM
Cali_Girl
Pole Position

I'd like to know too. My 5K service is due in about a month.
Old 08-01-06, 06:50 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I perform all my own service ...

I use quarterly, yearly, and bi-yearly proceedures I have originated. This way, everything on the vehicle chassis is addressed and inspected.

While under warranty, have the dealer deal with any problems.

For normal maintenance, study proceedures and acquire the needed tools. There isn't very much beyond inspections, tire rotation and oil changes.
Old 08-01-06, 07:18 PM
FatFu
Driver School Candidate

I went to Lexus Kearny Mesa where I bought it. I do plan to give them another chance. I may have just hit a bad day.

The Bad: The person that took down the information from the car I don't think has smiled in the last two years. As the first person you see I would think they would try to present a better dealer image. No greeting, Barked orders instead of requesting information.

Oil spilled down the headlight, bumper and sensor. Yes I asked them not to wash it but that should have been wiped up. Nanny light not reset.

Black shoe scuff marks on door panel and sill plate. The one thing I haven't checked yet is if they put the required amount of oil in it.

The Good: Making the appointment was easy, The service writer was great, loaner car was free (you pay for gas only), I requested two setting revisions one was made, the other a volume setting for the PA I'm not sure because I don't hear any difference.

In all I was expecting a little higher level of service but will give them another try.
Old 08-01-06, 07:57 PM
Gernby
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do you know if they even replaced the oil filter? That is the only thing I don't like about the design of our oil system. You can't see if there is a new filter without actually opening up the housing.
Old 08-01-06, 10:03 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If your that worried and you dont do it yourself (like i do) then take a marker, yellow pen, or something if that nature and mark it on top of the filter houseing to the lid. When they remove the lid the mark will be moved and if you use the good yellow pen it will brake the line and you will be able to notice if it was removed. Alot of dealers mark the drain plug on the pan also to see if next time you come in if anyone has removed the plug ( ie. did an oil change) since the last time you were in.
Some times we find customers come back in 15,000 miles and it hasnt be touched since last time we did the oil change. Which means we have the record of last time they were in and since nothing was removed, it hasnt been serviced in 15,000 miles insted of 5,000.