IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Frustrated with dealers in No. VA

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-06, 07:56 AM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sheehy Lexus of Annapolis is good as it is local to me (5 miles away literally).
But, I got mine from Lexus Rockville. They gave me an even better deal on my tungsten pearl IS250AWD with Nav. So you decide

Last edited by SugarRush; 08-01-06 at 08:07 AM.
Old 08-01-06, 08:10 AM
jc957
Rookie

Originally Posted by mbamiss
Thanks so much for everyone's reply. I will definitely call Renee at the Annapolis dealership...and I'll drive to NJ if I have to not have to deal with jerks.

To those of you who said "why not sell it at a higher profit margin?". I guess I'm thinking about the customer service aspect. See...what these salesman don't know is that I have 2 family members looking at high end luxury vehicles right now to buy. If the salesman had not been such a$$holes (or actually even "known" a little bit about their product), they'd have potentially made a lot more on commission than what they are trying to #$%^ me out of. It is a little thing called "good business".

I've learned a lot more from you all just reading the posts on this forum than I ever did from the salesman. There is no excuse for that.

Thanks again for the contact information
I have to eccho what everyone is saying about Sheehy in Annapolis. I worked with Holly Fitzpatrick and they were great to deal with. They were $500 less than anyone in the area not to mention they will come down to Ocean City, drop off another car and take mine up there for service. Just stick to your guns and get your prices from other dealers. I have nothing but good things to say about the dealership.
Old 08-01-06, 09:36 AM
montgb
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to hear you guys had a bad experience at Pohanka. Mine was just the opposite. The Salesperson was knowledgeable and attentive, the price was fair ($1500 off a Lux IS350 w/ nav) and I got a great deal on my trade-in.

PM me if you want the name of my sales rep.
Old 08-01-06, 10:59 AM
bmoney12
Rookie

Definitely doesn't seem like Pohanka is willing to deal....I thought it was just me! The best I managed was $1000 off and a spoiler tossed in. The salesperson I dealt with was very good but they are pretty tight when it comes to deals. The overall experience was good though. I'd buy from then again.
Old 08-01-06, 11:27 AM
mbamiss
Driver School Candidate

I asked my salesman (after the point of no return) why Pohanka wasn't listed as an "elite" dealership in VA (according to Lexus.com..."This is a special award for our dealers who excel at sales, service and overall ownership support. Indeed, the following dealerships pursue perfection to the point of redundancy. They are the "Elite of Lexus." ).

Of course the salesman didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about....and had to go ask his manager. He came back and told me that the other dealerships "paid" their customers to fill out positive surveys and that is how they achieved "elite" status.

Apparently Pohanka should start doing the same, right?
Old 08-01-06, 12:34 PM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mbamiss
I asked my salesman (after the point of no return) why Pohanka wasn't listed as an "elite" dealership in VA (according to Lexus.com..."This is a special award for our dealers who excel at sales, service and overall ownership support. Indeed, the following dealerships pursue perfection to the point of redundancy. They are the "Elite of Lexus." ).

Of course the salesman didn't have a clue as to what I was talking about....and had to go ask his manager. He came back and told me that the other dealerships "paid" their customers to fill out positive surveys and that is how they achieved "elite" status.

Apparently Pohanka should start doing the same, right?
I've purchased 5 Lexus cars from Lexus of Silver Spring over the past 11 years and given positive responses about them on related surveys. I assure you that I gave them by business and good ratings because they deserved both. The only other Lexus dealership in this area that I came close to doing business with was Rockville and the salesman blew it by suggesting that I make an appointment to take a test drive. On that occasion, I immediately drove myself to Lexus of SS, got my test drive, and then purchased the car (and made a point of letting the salesman at Rockville know that I did and why).
Old 08-01-06, 02:55 PM
tqlla3k
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
the salesman blew it by suggesting that I make an appointment to take a test drive. On that occasion, I immediately drove myself to Lexus of SS, got my test drive, and then purchased the car (and made a point of letting the salesman at Rockville know that I did and why).
hmmm, whats wrong with that?
Old 08-01-06, 06:53 PM
mbamiss
Driver School Candidate

Default Getting my CAR!!!!

ThoLe rocks!!! Robert at the dealership in NJ gave me an awesome deal and I am awaiting my "baby" set to arrive 8/15.

To anyone sales people at Lindsay or Pohanka Lexus reading this....kiss my @$$. You lost your commission by being poor business people.

If anyone wants Robert's contact info, please PM me. He was so great to deal with!!!!!

Thanks again to all of you who replied, especially ThoLe

Last edited by mbamiss; 08-02-06 at 05:09 AM.