IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

my 06 err 07 is350 was allocated to my dealer today!

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-06, 07:41 PM
blk06is350
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my 06 err 07 is350 was allocated to my dealer today!

My dealer called me today and said my special order is 350 nav/sport was allocated to their inventory today. He then told me he had some bad news. He said it would be an 07, not an 06 as I ordered in May. I said great it has the button! He had no idea what I meant, but said there would be a price increase. Damnit! Should I be obligated to pay the increase if I was already told a price? Or should I consider it a vdim defeat fee others would be glad to pay? I guess we will have to see how much the increase is? Anyone else run into this? I ordered black, will this change the color? Does anyone know if anything else is changed other than the antenna? Wheel changes, etc...?
Old 08-03-06, 07:44 PM
LaRock
Rookie

Here is a list of the new stuff for 2007 - http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?t=296570

And you were quoted that price on a 2006 so dealer has no obligation to that price for a 2007.
Old 08-03-06, 07:46 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

uh oh ask the mods to change your screen name
Old 08-03-06, 09:30 PM
blk06is350
Rookie

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
uh oh ask the mods to change your screen name
haha yeah i was thinkin the same.
Old 08-04-06, 01:45 AM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by blk06is350
haha yeah i was thinkin the same.
or make a new one ... ( hope i dont get busted for suggesting it lol )
Old 08-04-06, 05:15 AM
GOBUCS
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer called me today and said my special order is 350 nav/sport was allocated to their inventory today. He then told me he had some bad news. He said it would be an 07, not an 06 as I ordered in May. I said great it has the button! He had no idea what I meant, but said there would be a price increase. Damnit! Should I be obligated to pay the increase if I was already told a price? Or should I consider it a vdim defeat fee others would be glad to pay? I guess we will have to see how much the increase is? Anyone else run into this? I ordered black, will this change the color? Does anyone know if anything else is changed other than the antenna? Wheel changes, etc...?
When is your car due at the dealer and when did you special order?
I ordered May 11 and am still waiting. I just found out yesterday my car is not on the current allocation, which comes out every two weeks, but it will most likely be on the next one. My dealer said nothing about it being an 07.
Old 08-04-06, 07:30 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

price increase is usually several hundred dollars to compensate for inflation, but no official price has been released
Old 08-04-06, 08:54 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 160 Likes on 118 Posts

usual price increase is 150$-250$, and you dont have to accept it but they dont have to sell you the car either...
Old 08-04-06, 10:42 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

I'd take the '07. You can try to negotiate the price difference, but if the dealer won't budge, at least you get the newest model with the new changes for the same discount that you negotiated off the '06 pricing. I have a feeling that for the 1st 4 months, '07s will command Msrp or close to it compared to the discounts given now on the remaining '06s. It'll be cool to have one of the 1st '07s to come out . . .
Old 08-04-06, 10:48 AM
CRB
Lead Lap

Just pay the market price for the car. It will be higher than for the year old 2006, but it is considered a year newer. I'm not saying get gouged but since you agreed to a price just pay the same percetage of the markup as you would have percentage of MSRP of the 2006. I think that would be a fair way to handle the situation.
Old 08-04-06, 02:51 PM
DaEvilG
Rookie

I decided to sell my 06 250 blk blk w/ nav for a 07 350 blk blk lux package ML& nav w/ the new sport rims.... My dealer ofcourse has no information on the car, but will order it the second they get the info.
Old 08-04-06, 03:28 PM
SLIDE1
Driver School Candidate

Exactly what is the breakpoint for 06 to 07. I have car in allocation to arrive end of the month that the price has been agreed upon and deposit paid. I thought the 07's were not arriving until end of September. I assume there is a short factory shutdown where minor retooling takes place when the model years change. Has that happened? The dealerships seem so out of the loop as to what is happening on the production side. Is this Lexus Corporate keeping the dealerships in the dark? Or are the dealerships not that interested.
Old 08-04-06, 03:39 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SLIDE1
Exactly what is the breakpoint for 06 to 07. I have car in allocation to arrive end of the month that the price has been agreed upon and deposit paid. I thought the 07's were not arriving until end of September. I assume there is a short factory shutdown where minor retooling takes place when the model years change. Has that happened? The dealerships seem so out of the loop as to what is happening on the production side. Is this Lexus Corporate keeping the dealerships in the dark? Or are the dealerships not that interested.
Factories don't shutdown for any model changes, even for completely redesigned models. I think Lexus is the one keeping everybody in the dark. It's hard for me, and I work for Toyota, to get any answers. I ordered an 07 and still don't even know the pricing, but I was told the 06 buildout was late July, so it probably was this past Monday.

I know at the factory I work at the 06 buildout for the Toyota Corolla was this past Monday, so currently we are producing 07s and have this week.

I was told from someone who works for TMS to expect my 07 in late September but optimistically I could be looking at it sooner. The only draw back is my order isn't through a dealer and Lexus likes to fill customers before employees' orders
Old 08-04-06, 03:45 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SLIDE1
........Is this Lexus Corporate keeping the dealerships in the dark? Or are the dealerships not that interested.
All of the above. It's an annoyance for Lexus to accommodate special orders, and along with dealerships they want you to take a car from existing stock. It's a steep learning curve that they are still resisting. If they want to be a serious performance car player, they should take a lesson about custom orders from BMW and Porsche....quick.
Old 08-04-06, 04:02 PM
carlmock
Rookie

figure it this way.. if your car was built before monday its an 06 after this past monday its an 07. My dealer told me they stopped taking special orders on 06's in june. Even if the car was built in July its still almost a month away from getting to your door with the trip from Japan.

I would think your dealer would have told you what year car you were getting when you signed the paperwork and placed your order.

Quick Reply: my 06 err 07 is350 was allocated to my dealer today!