IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fujita F5 IS HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 03:18 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Al503, you have certainly enlightened us all with your complete lack of information based on absolutely nothiing to back it up. Now TWO manufacturers have gotten on this thread and posted results and information. You seem to know more than both of them combined with your lack of data, information, and seemingly knowledge in general. We have heard your opinion and are tired of hearing it quite honestly.

I'm sure EVERYONE on the board appreciates your care for those that may be seperating money from there wallet, as well as the fact you have posted so many items in your signature that you "want/ordered/considering" to have. Let's leave the opinions for those that actually own the items that they're commenting on.

Last edited by MeTrO; 08-08-06 at 04:40 PM.
Old 08-08-06, 03:34 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MeTrO
Al503, you have certainly enlightened us all with your complete lack of information based on absolutely nothiing to back it up. Now TWO manufacturers have gotten on this thread and posted results and information. You seem to know more than both of them combined with your lack of data, information, and seemingly knowledge in general. We have heard your opinion and are tired of hearing it quite honestly.

I'm sure EVERYONE on the board appreciates your care for those that may be seperating money from there wallet, as well as the fact you have posted so many items in your signature that you "want" to have. Let's leave the opinions for those that actually own the items that they're commenting on.
1. My position is simple. I've expressed my view and the basis from which I view it in that particular manner.
2. Those two manufacturers can't answer my simple questions because they are wrong.
3. Is 2 items "so many?" Those "want's" are things that aren't available to us yet. If I could buy them, I would.

You keep telling me I'm wrong. Instead of attacking me, why don't you take a shot at my questions?
Old 08-08-06, 07:43 PM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

MeTrO

Interesting signature.

Dasgallow on IS300.net is in the process of doing a dyno shoot out with all the intakes and the combination of intakes and will be publishing the results in a magazine, so maybe after that is completed then there will be a "best" intake that is "proven" Then I can see this whole intake debate flaming up again when tests are done with an exhaust. Oh well.

"I'm working on getting the results of my intake shootout in a magazine, hence the delay. Mag might be providing the test car... still up in the air. I have all the products here, JoeZ + OEM filter + Blitz Filter + HKS filter, LMS, Fujita F5." Dasgalloway
Old 08-08-06, 08:10 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,064 Likes on 586 Posts
Originally Posted by al503
2. Those two manufacturers can't answer my simple questions because they are wrong.
al503 -

I am certainly not wrong about anything and I certainly do not owe you any answers.

Maybe you should re-word your sentence to properly reflect the information you desire..

Again - through numerous PM's in the past I have answered all your questions about my product, design, tests, etc...etc...

Thank you again for your informative and helpful post.

Joe

Last edited by Joe Z; 08-08-06 at 08:13 PM.
Old 08-08-06, 08:20 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know what candy, there is no debate....it's over. The numbers are in, and if Joe Z can be gentleman enough to accept the results for what they are, then who is anyone else to question them. One thing is for sure, Joe-Z and Ryan both have thoroughly impressed me with the way they have both handled this whole thing.

Ryan never said one bad thing about Joe Z's product and Joe Z never once questioned the results. To me, those are true professionals. I applaud all those who have read the results and drawn their own conclusions from them. Intakes aren't for everyone, but if you're in the market....here are some test results. The Fujita put out more power.....but it costs more money.....is the extra money worth the mid-range gains.....that's for the purchaser to decide.

The rest of the wannabe's can just keep adding things to their signature wish lists.

PS..out of respect for Joe-Z, I have adjusted my signature.
Old 08-08-06, 09:01 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Joe Z
al503
Maybe you should re-word your sentence to properly reflect the information you desire..
All I've been asking for are answers to my questions in post 129 in this thread. If you don't understand them, I can try to rephrase.

Again - through numerous PM's in the past I have answered all your questions about my product, design, tests, etc...etc...
IIRC, we've only discussed heat soak issues with your tube. My position was that using metal instead of a plastic/rubber type material introduces more heat soak to the cylinder. That was a different discussion and I don't want to muddy the waters here with it.

Again, I've asked for anyone to look at my arguments and correct me if I'm mistaken. Nothing more, nothing less. If someone can explain to me why my assertions are wrong and this is why, I'll be the first to apologize for my misunderstanding.
Old 08-08-06, 09:03 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

You know what candy, there is no debate..
Resorting to name calling now, eh? LOL.
Old 08-08-06, 09:27 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

I understand your questions, but I can not answer accurately for this particular test since I was not there..

But I'll do my best for you...

1) All the DYNO Tests to date on my intake, that I know of, were done in 4th gear... I am not really sure why they used 3rd gear..
In my independent tests, they only floored it in 4th once they passed the downshift rpm point for 3rd..

2) I really can't add anything besides the above. I can mention that my tests were done to measure Max Hp gains and Max Tq gains approaching full throttle in 4th gear.. once you have passed the lower gears..
This method has been widely used to Dyno the Old and New IS

Listen, no one ever said you were wrong...

All I did was Thank Fujita for taken the time to Dyno an IS350 with a stock intake, my intake and their intake...

I really had nothing to add or take away from their findings... or ask how they tested or the method they tested or why for that matter.

I already have all the test data for my product and Caymandive tested my product on his own and yeilded the same results on a different Coast..

For me to go on and on on this topic or to justify or explain Dyno's that I wasn't involved in, wouldn't really clear anything up...

They did the tests & they posted the results of their Dyno process..

That's really it!!

Thank You

Joe Z

P.S. - Your heat soak concerns were pretty much proven incorrect, as I knew already, by prelimanary testing from Dasgalloway on my.IS, if you need another link to read let me know.

Originally Posted by al503 (Post # 129)
"There will always be skeptics" is a cop out. Instead of just repeating what rt350's position on this, how about one (or both) of you guys actually explaining why the 'skeptics' are wrong?

I'll lay it out for you guys.
1. If you floor it at 3000 rpm in third, the car will invariably downshift into second gear for max acceleration. Therefore, any readings taken at this level can't be done with a full throttle, which will lead to inconsistent fuel delivery (feathering the throttle), which will in turn affect the plot.

Instead of the cop out, how about, something like "You're mistaken and here's why..."

2. At midrange RPM's, none of the intakes are going to be stressed or pushed for capacity. The engine will get all the air it needs. Where most aftermarket intakes shine (if they do at all) is in the upper RPM range where the OEM intake may not have enough flow/capacity. How are you guys trying to make us believe that we'll get a ~25% increase in HP from an intake when 25% would be a good result from a super/turbo charger? No intake is going to be able to cram an additional 5-7 PSI into the cylinder. This defies the laws of physics.

Again, a "You're mistaken and here's why..." would be appreciated. Otherwise, I take issue with your labeling those of us with concrete and cogent questions/arguments as "skeptics." I could be wrong in all of this. All I ask for are simple answers.

Last edited by Joe Z; 08-08-06 at 09:36 PM.
Old 08-08-06, 09:35 PM
integlikew
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You know what candy, there is no debate....it's over. The numbers are in, and if Joe Z can be gentleman enough to accept the results for what they are, then who is anyone else to question them. One thing is for sure, Joe-Z and Ryan both have thoroughly impressed me with the way they have both handled this whole thing.

Ryan never said one bad thing about Joe Z's product and Joe Z never once questioned the results. To me, those are true professionals. I applaud all those who have read the results and drawn their own conclusions from them. Intakes aren't for everyone, but if you're in the market....here are some test results. The Fujita put out more power.....but it costs more money.....is the extra money worth the mid-range gains.....that's for the purchaser to decide.

The rest of the wannabe's can just keep adding things to their signature wish lists.

PS..out of respect for Joe-Z, I have adjusted my signature.

Couldnt agree with you more METRO. Both got my respect.
Old 08-08-06, 09:51 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

I understand your questions, but I can not answer accurately for this particular test since I was not there..

But I'll do my best for you...

1) All the DYNO Tests to date on my intake, that I know of, were done in 4th gear... I am not really sure why they used 3rd gear..
In my independent tests, they only floored it in 4th once they passed the downshift rpm point for 3rd..
That's the way it should be done.

2) I really can't add anything besides the above. I can mention that my tests were done to measure Max Hp gains and Max Tq gains approaching full throttle in 4th gear.. once you have passed the lower gears..
This method has been widely used to Dyno the Old and New IS
Fair enough.

P.S. - Your heat soak concerns were pretty much proven incorrect, as I knew already, by prelimanary testing from Dasgalloway on my.IS, if you need another link to read let me know.
I think we had a good exchange of this in the heat soak thread. For every link you can give me, I can provide one also.

BTW, I appreciate your responses. I may disagree with them, but I appreciate your professionalism.
Old 08-08-06, 09:56 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by al503
BTW, I appreciate your responses. I may disagree with them, but I appreciate your professionalism.
Hey No problem!!!!

One thing I learned in life and espically through lessons learned is to always treat people the you would like to be treated.. Wether its over the phone, face to face or behind a key board..

Have a good night!!

Joe Z
Old 08-08-06, 09:59 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

correct me if i am wrong but sreiously.. who gives damn~ they are both JUST intakes.. who cares if one performs more than the other because when you think about it.. its like what 3hp or 2hp diff (wild guess) because all intakes are generally the same....If you want to argue about power.. argue about who got a bigger turbo or somethingi dunno~ it will come down to preference of the buyer of what they want.
Old 08-08-06, 10:02 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ihkskim
correct me if i am wrong but sreiously.. who gives *****~ they are both intakes.. who cares if one performs more than the other because when you think about it.. its like what 3hp or 2hp diff? WOW.. it will come down to preference~
You're actually right in more ways than one. They are all within spitting distance. It's the +23 rwhp gain that Fujita is claiming from a 'questionable' dyno procedure...
Old 08-08-06, 10:03 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Hey No problem!!!!

One thing I learned in life and espically through lessons learned is to always treat people the you would like to be treated.. Wether its over the phone, face to face or behind a key board..

Have a good night!!

Joe Z
I look forward to the next discussion. We can keep each other in check.
Old 08-09-06, 04:44 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

You guys might want to watch this thread on IS300.NET. Dasgalloway will be doing the intake testing soon. Then we can put this ever going debate behind us and we will be able to make an informative decision on which one we prefer.

http://my.is/forums/showthread.php?p...23#post4363023

Quick Reply: Fujita F5 IS HERE!!