IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Fujita F5 IS HERE!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-06, 08:13 PM
ToothDoc
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In my experience, all the fujita did was make it sound meaner. I have ran the 1/4 stock and with fujita. I have lived a couple of months with it and w/o it and tested it and tested it with my G-Timer 2. My 1/4 time had no statistically significant difference. IF there really were 15-20 hp more in midrange, my 1/4 time would have been faster.

Maybe your IS350s are different than mine, but at least with mine, that's what I get.

I'm gonna stick one of those 1 psi electric superchargers next with the stock filter and Joe Z next....
Old 08-07-06, 08:14 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what would be really cool? If someone else released a SRI for the IS250/350 and we can start this whole madness again....
Old 08-07-06, 08:25 PM
imaputz
Lexus Test Driver

hahaha... i think K&N has one coming out shortly =)
Old 08-07-06, 08:29 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ToothDoc
In my experience, all the fujita did was make it sound meaner. I have ran the 1/4 stock and with fujita. I have lived a couple of months with it and w/o it and tested it and tested it with my G-Timer 2. My 1/4 time had no statistically significant difference. IF there really were 15-20 hp more in midrange, my 1/4 time would have been faster.

Maybe your IS350s are different than mine, but at least with mine, that's what I get.

I'm gonna stick one of those 1 psi electric superchargers next with the stock filter and Joe Z next....
I actually plan to do the same thing. I reciently got a GT2 timer and thanks to the kind folks over at Fujita, I now own the F5 as well as the Joe Z intake. It's hardly a scientific test, but fun nevertheless.

I've said it everal times before, the exhaust is where the main restriction is, it doesn't matter how good the intake is when it's max flow rate can't be achieved because of a restriction on the other side. With a better flowing exhaust, we'd likely see more variation throughout the rev range between the different intakes.
Old 08-07-06, 08:36 PM
MeTrO
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by al503
"We'd be the laughing stock."

"You'll probably sell a few but you'll lose all credibility to those in the know."
You're the only one people are laughing at.........and I don't think Fujita is concerned about losing any credibility with you, as they have already convinced the people "in the know."

Listen, there's nothing wrong with owning the second best intake....as long as it's not on my car!
Old 08-07-06, 08:40 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MeTrO
You're the only one people are laughing at.........and I don't think Fujita is concerned about losing any credibility with you, as they have already convinced the people "in the know."
I wonder who coined the phrase "Ignorance is Bliss" or "You are your own worst enemy?"
Old 08-07-06, 08:55 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

Can't we all just get along , Hell we all own a 2IS isn't that good enough
Old 08-07-06, 08:58 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

C'mon now guys... Lets allow cooler heads to prevail before this thread gets out of control and gets locked.

There will always be skeptics, and there will always be believers and that is fine. No need to insult what intake people chose or people themselves. It's just silly to start getting personal over different types of metal tubes. The results are in, so are the opinions and views from both sides and people can interpret them as they see fit. I have no doubt we'll have much more data to analyze in the months to come as more and more people start modding so you'll all have plenty more opportunities to try and convince the other side which intake works and which doesnt.
Old 08-07-06, 09:03 PM
TheNewGuy
Pole Position

, sorry I just always wanted to use that one
Old 08-07-06, 11:59 PM
sirCharles
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wait for Coldair K&N...gains should be noticable. Proven manufacturer of performance intakes.

Fujita has cheap, generic packaging and has not been proven. They pack the intake with a hat and bag to make up for the fraud. Clearly fishy. This thing has been out for a while and 2IS owners have skipped over it for a reason.

Even Joe Z has more buyers!
Old 08-08-06, 12:35 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 4,034 Likes on 2,445 Posts

The truth is we now all know which intake performs best under dyno conditions. That's ALL we know. We have no idea which one actually makes the car quicker or faster.

As expected, the results are inconclusive, and as long as the tests continue to be on an inertial dyno and not on a track, they will continue to be inconclusive.

Just a note for the guy who thinks you can use a Dynojet for tuning. NO responsible tuner uses a Dynojet to tune a/f or ignition timing. I know a number of them (responsible tuners) and they all choose another type of dyno to tune customer cars. Tuning on a Dynojet is a big mistake and will result in running far too lean for heavy load.
Old 08-08-06, 01:10 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by sirCharles
Wait for Coldair K&N...gains should be noticable. Proven manufacturer of performance intakes.

Fujita has cheap, generic packaging and has not been proven. They pack the intake with a hat and bag to make up for the fraud. Clearly fishy. This thing has been out for a while and 2IS owners have skipped over it for a reason.

Even Joe Z has more buyers!

geebus! they get criticized for giving away free shiet? that's like saying lexus is cheap cus they gave me 2 travel mugs among other free junk. and how do you know joez sold more products than fujita??? cite your sources!
Old 08-08-06, 04:30 AM
JDM IS350
Driver School Candidate

thats what i thought
Old 08-08-06, 04:32 AM
Chi-town
Pole Position

^^^^Hey that's my screensaver
Old 08-08-06, 04:57 AM
caymandive
11 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 35 Posts

There won't be any noticible differences in the 1/4 mile with any of these intakes as the power they all make is about the same. Biggest thing that will affect 1/4 mile times are weight ratios, temperature and traction at this point. So it seems to me people will buy their intakes for now based on sound preference, type of filter (oil based or not), look and personal preference in manufacturer.

Quick Reply: Fujita F5 IS HERE!!