IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Matador Red Pics?? (Interior & Exterior)

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-06, 10:57 PM
jriney8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Matador Red Pics?? (Interior & Exterior)

Hi guys, first post...woo hoo! I'm on the market for an 07 Matador Red 350, not sure on the interior yet. If any of you Matador owners have pics of the interior, so that you can see the red paint as well, it would help me out tremendously on making a decision. I'm trying to see which looks best with the red. Thanks!
Old 08-05-06, 12:58 AM
flyfl1pguy

You should try the SEARCH buttom it helps out a lot. Here are some links to the pictures you requested. . . .

Matador RED

Matador RED 2

Matador REd 3

Matador Red 4

Matador red 5
Old 08-05-06, 01:28 AM
jriney8
Driver School Candidate

Wow, that's perfect! Thanks a lot. I used the search, but I was in the picture forum and didn't find much. Thanks for your help!
Old 08-05-06, 01:45 AM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by jriney8
Wow, that's perfect! Thanks a lot. I used the search, but I was in the picture forum and didn't find much. Thanks for your help!
No problem. Glad I can help you out.
Old 08-05-06, 09:04 AM
txguy977
Rookie

Default Here's my IS

Old 08-05-06, 09:37 AM
jriney8
Driver School Candidate

Wow, great shots! Good stuff, keep them coming...
Old 08-05-06, 11:16 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

heres a pic of mine.. personally, id stick with the black interior... much easier to keep clean than the sterling or tan..

Old 08-05-06, 11:44 AM
jriney8
Driver School Candidate

The only thing I'm not too fond of with the black interior is the way the headliner is the sterling color. I wish they would have made it a little more complementing to the black scheme. It just seems like it looks awkward and out of place in the pics I've seen. Most of the pics I've seen have been hard to distinguish the actual look of the interior though.
Old 08-05-06, 01:26 PM
accelerate
Lead Lap

Hey guys or girls our color in a pic is no comparison then in person doesn't everybody agree. We have a lot of metallic flaks when the sun hits it.
Old 08-05-06, 01:58 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by accelerate
Hey guys or girls our color in a pic is no comparison then in person doesn't everybody agree. We have a lot of metallic flaks when the sun hits it.
Totally Agree The pictures don't do justice for this color, and depending on the lighting the flecks really POP!
Old 08-05-06, 02:02 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

Originally Posted by IS_250
heres a pic of mine.. personally, id stick with the black interior... much easier to keep clean than the sterling or tan..

Nice set-up Love the wheels!
Old 08-05-06, 02:22 PM
jriney8
Driver School Candidate

I haven't had a chance to even see one of these in person. I just recently started doing the research on luxury sport sedans. Do you guys find the interior to be somewhat small or cramped at all? I love the look of the IS, but it seems like it might be a little too cramped. What are your opinions? Also, I've never owned a Lexus. Is the quality of the exterior top notch? The bumper seems like it's a flexible plastic or something you'd find on a riceburner. Again, I love this car...just from seeing pics online though, it's hard to get these questions answered. Thanks!
Old 08-05-06, 02:25 PM
flyfl1pguy

I've been noticing that MR is reaLLy nice.
Old 08-05-06, 02:38 PM
LDYNRED
Driver

I haven't had a chance to even see one of these in person. I just recently started doing the research on luxury sport sedans. Do you guys find the interior to be somewhat small or cramped at all? I love the look of the IS, but it seems like it might be a little too cramped. What are your opinions? Also, I've never owned a Lexus. Is the quality of the exterior top notch? The bumper seems like it's a flexible plastic or something you'd find on a riceburner. Again, I love this car...just from seeing pics online though, it's hard to get these questions answered. Thanks!
As with any car, there are the good and bad; you have to decide for yourself if you can live with certain things. This is considered an entry level luxury sport sedan, so it is on the smaller side. I've owned Hondas, Acuras and BMWs in the past and there were things in those cars that I sometimes wish were incorporated into the Lexus. However, one thing I can vouch for is the reliability of Lexus in general and I'm confident in their safety components.
The only way you'll really be able to judge if this is the car for you is to take a trip to the dealership and see it for yourself. Best of Luck with your research!
Old 08-05-06, 02:44 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 41 Likes on 32 Posts

well it depends how tall you are and if you plan to have passengers riding with you often. IMO its a little cramped. if you're tall, which im not and you plan to have backseat passengers it will probably be pretty cramped for them. i think you'll have to sit in one for a bit to decide. as far as the materials of the exterior the fit and finish is top notch. nearly every car now uses some type of plastic for the front and rear bumper covers. the only complaint i have about the exterior is the paint. the apperance is beautiful, but i think it gets chipped easily. the only other grip i have with my car is the leather is very soft and has started to show some wear. good luck on your decision. if i were to do it again i would have purchased the IS 350 instead. in Matador red of course.

Quick Reply: Matador Red Pics?? (Interior & Exterior)