IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Info from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-06, 09:56 AM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Info from dealer

I had asked the dealer about pricing if a car had to be speacial ordered and he offered me this little bit of info on the future of the 2IS's. I hope this info is good news for some.

The additional cost for a factory order will vary depending on the supply and demand of the vehicle. For instance, if we have a good amount of inventory on the ground of one model (for instance the GS300 right now) we would offer a bigger discount on an in-stock unit.

Since the IS250 is in such high demand right now and we are not even discounting the units that are part of our normal inventory the price for a factory order would not be any higher. I just recieved some preliminary pricing info and although it looks like some of the IS models will receive a base price increase the base MSRP for the IS250 AWD will stay the same.
Old 08-08-06, 10:11 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

there shouldnt be any additional cost for a factory order you just wont be able to deal as good as an on the lot vehicle and you have to wait. Price increases happen every model year to compensate for inflation
Old 08-08-06, 11:25 AM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Default more info

The IS350, IS250 rear wheel drive automatic and IS250 rear wheel drive manual are all increasing the base MSRP $265. Not a huge increase (about .6% average on the IS models if you figure in that the IS250 AWD isn't increasing).
Old 08-08-06, 11:32 AM
carlmock
Rookie

Unless it comes from Mr Lexus himself, I wouldnt believe anything a salesman tells you..

They are usually the last to know. Hell, most dont even know the cars they are selling let alone changes in model year
Old 08-08-06, 12:23 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Originally Posted by carlmock
Unless it comes from Mr Lexus himself, I wouldnt believe anything a salesman tells you..

They are usually the last to know. Hell, most dont even know the cars they are selling let alone changes in model year
Ummm... but really where else are you going to get the info from "Mr Lexus" certainly is not going to call carlmock and say hey here are the new price points for the IS's. The salesperson I got the info from knows that I am not buying until the end of the year and really has no reason to lie to me. So I will take his "preliminary pricing" as just that and pass this info on to those whom are interested

Last edited by Style2k6; 08-08-06 at 01:51 PM.
Old 08-08-06, 03:45 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Style2k6
I had asked the dealer about pricing if a car had to be speacial ordered and he offered me this little bit of info on the future of the 2IS's. I hope this info is good news for some.

The additional cost for a factory order will vary depending on the supply and demand of the vehicle. For instance, if we have a good amount of inventory on the ground of one model (for instance the GS300 right now) we would offer a bigger discount on an in-stock unit.

Since the IS250 is in such high demand right now and we are not even discounting the units that are part of our normal inventory the price for a factory order would not be any higher. I just recieved some preliminary pricing info and although it looks like some of the IS models will receive a base price increase the base MSRP for the IS250 AWD will stay the same.
Your salesman is full of crap. It is CHEAPER for a dealer to special order a vehicle, because once it arrives at the lot, it's gone. There are no carrying costs associated with the vehicle, as there would be for anything that sits on the lot taking up valuable space.

My dealer played the same game with me, and I explained simple economics to them. After that, I drove the vehicle home for $2,800 less than MSRP.
Old 08-08-06, 03:52 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Style2k6
Ummm... but really where else are you going to get the info from "Mr Lexus" certainly is not going to call carlmock and say hey here are the new price points for the IS's. The salesperson I got the info from knows that I am not buying until the end of the year and really has no reason to lie to me. So I will take his "preliminary pricing" as just that and pass this info on to those whom are interested
your dealer is not lying to you, lying would be if he knew one thing and then turned around and told you something different in order to get you to believe something else that simply isn't true. your dealer is just simply telling you what he thinks. appreciate the info.