Lookin for an IS350 in all the wrong places

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-06, 08:34 PM
mwinner
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lookin for an IS350 in all the wrong places

Help me!

I have been scouring the west coast for a decent price on an 06 IS350, all I get is a run around on how I can order the ride, and what options I can get. All with MSRP prices???

Sorry all, but my s2k was not this hard!

I am/was looking for:

Smokey Granite- 1G0
Cashmire Int- 04

With LT and NV options only.

I was told that the color options are not available, and I could not order it. I was also told that I had to get the ML regardless, all for the low price of 42.3k!

Is this real?

I can fly anywhere to pick up the car, location is not important, cost is.

Help-

Marc
Old 08-17-06, 09:00 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Lexus of Portland is out of IS's. When I bought mine earlier this year, they had about 2 or 3 350's and about 12 250's. Called them up cause my bro-in-law wants one now and they had 1 350 and 1 250. No discounts besides the $700 golden opportunity.

He ended up finding one at Kendall in Eugene (250 awd w/ premium lease at$1300 down and $450/month 15K miles a year.) I think it's a good deal. They actually had about 7 or 8 IS's in stock. I can find out who he bought his from if you'd like.
Old 08-17-06, 09:22 PM
bgarre
Driver

Try Scottsdale Lexus or Superstition Lexus in AZ. They should be able to help.
Old 08-17-06, 09:38 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

Have you tried searching autotrader.com? At least that way you can hit a bunch at one time and then call to see if they still have the car on the lot. I just checked and there are quite a few used one listed if you would be interested in that.http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/search...7106&x=41&y=11

Last edited by Style2k6; 08-17-06 at 09:58 PM.
Old 08-17-06, 10:34 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

I didn't think dealers were still taking orders for the 06 models and that you were stuck with whatever they had on the lot???

You may end up having to get an 07 if you're not happy with the selection of remaining 2006 models.
Old 08-17-06, 11:53 PM
KevinL
Rookie

Originally Posted by mwinner
Help me!

I have been scouring the west coast for a decent price on an 06 IS350, all I get is a run around on how I can order the ride, and what options I can get. All with MSRP prices???

Sorry all, but my s2k was not this hard!

I am/was looking for:

Smokey Granite- 1G0
Cashmire Int- 04

With LT and NV options only.

I was told that the color options are not available, and I could not order it. I was also told that I had to get the ML regardless, all for the low price of 42.3k!

Is this real?

I can fly anywhere to pick up the car, location is not important, cost is.

Help-

Marc
I have had a hard time finding SGM w/Cashmere too. The dealer told me it wasn't available but at least 2 people on this board have that combo. I think it would look very nice personally.
Old 08-18-06, 07:12 AM
mwinner
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone, we are really looking for a new IS if we have to get the 07 that is fine too. We are not too picky and in fact would rather order one then get a model off of a lot.

I will try the dealerships in AZ.

Thanks for the advice!
Old 08-18-06, 07:17 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

what years S2K, in the first year I remember them getting marked up over MSRP, later on the craze died off

If you want a certain config, looks like youll have to special order it, IS pickings are slim because they arent producing it as much as other lexus vehicles (lexus is in favor of producing ES350), 06 have stopped production, 07 are in production
Old 08-19-06, 12:43 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

When I got my IS in June, the dealers told me that SGM was the hot color in SoCal and usually came w/Black interior (I also prefer Cashmere & SGM was my 2nd choice). If you want a good deal on an '06, you'll have to settle for what on the dealer's lot. Try Longo, they have the largest selection in SoCal and they don't trade w/other dealers so they keep their allocations. If you opt for an '07, you won't find many dealers that will discount, at least not for the 1st 4 months or so. Good luck.
Old 08-19-06, 03:39 PM
mwinner
Driver School Candidate

Thanks everyone good info here. I contacted Longo they seem to be busy, but they do negotiate below MSRP and within reason from invoice. The 06's seem to be in short supply thus I may be purchasing an 07. I am 2nd in line for an 06 with SMG and Silver INT, if the 1st party backs out I will be flying to Pasadena to pick it up.

My s2k is an 04, so it was a few years after the 1st year, (2000) but it was still a challenge to get one at a reasonable price, Honda only exports 6000 of them to the US each year.

Has anyone ordered an IS and gotten a better price for it? I did this with the s2k and was able to purchase it at 500.00 above invoice.

Thanks again, hopefully my wife will be the proud owner of an IS350 soon. And yes I am getting envious!
Old 08-19-06, 06:16 PM
bgarre
Driver

Talking

Thanks again, hopefully my wife will be the proud owner of an IS350 soon. And yes I am getting envious! [/QUOTE]

Did you check out AZ at all?
Old 08-20-06, 08:02 AM
mwinner
Driver School Candidate

bgarre-

I did not call AZ, and actually ended up purchasing the 06 with LT, NV, ML and the mats, wheel locks, etc for $40k. I found it in LA area, so we will be flying down this week to pick her up and cruise up Hiway 1.
Old 08-20-06, 05:47 PM
bgarre
Driver

bgarre-

I did not call AZ, and actually ended up purchasing the 06 with LT, NV, ML and the mats, wheel locks, etc for $40k. I found it in LA area, so we will be flying down this week to pick her up and cruise up Hiway 1.
Awesome! You won't be disappionted in the car. WHich color did you end up getting? I have SGM but my invoice says "Black Pearl". I purchased one of the first IS350's to be shipped to the US last October.

"Black Pearl", Lux package, Sterling interior, Nav, well.... you know the rest. I paid sticker back then.
Old 08-20-06, 06:59 PM
mwinner
Driver School Candidate

we ended up getting SGM with the sterling interior, not our 1st choice but considering the cost differential..there really was no choice.

Thanks for the support, I look forward to sharing the experience with everyone over the years to come. I am excited even though the car will be my wife's primary vehicle, I am still driving an Rx300 and an S2k when it is not raining out.

Again thank you and everyone on this board for the assistance, if it not for you we would still be looking and getting frustrated with the dealer mumbo-jumbo.
Old 08-20-06, 07:47 PM
Style2k6
Pole Position

we ended up getting SGM with the sterling interior, not our 1st choice but considering the cost differential..there really was no choice.

Thanks for the support, I look forward to sharing the experience with everyone over the years to come. I am excited even though the car will be my wife's primary vehicle, I am still driving an Rx300 and an S2k when it is not raining out.

Again thank you and everyone on this board for the assistance, if it not for you we would still be looking and getting frustrated with the dealer mumbo-jumbo.
How did you find the car if you don't mind me asking? What lead you to call that dealership?

Quick Reply: Lookin for an IS350 in all the wrong places