IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Service Dept scratched my car!

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-06, 10:34 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Received 40 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Service Dept scratched my car!

Well, so far i have had really good experiences with my local Lexus service dept up until Friday. I had noticed alot of wear on my driver's seat leather and they agreed to replace it .. when i returned to pick it up i didnt bother to inspect the car until i went to get gas. Luckily i was just a block away when i noticed a 2" scratch on my rear driver side door. I immediately went back to talk to the service writer, but he had left for the day. The service director came out and inspected the scratch. He agreed to have the scratch fixed, but refused to give it to me in writing.. He hands me his card and reassures me that it will be taken care of on the next service visit. I know i should have got it in writing, but they know that i still have other warranty work that need to be done in the upcoming week. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with a problem like this.. Any advice?
Old 08-21-06, 10:42 AM
PaJaHa1
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

those guys really do not care about the cars. especially the dealerships where they have a valet service. i observed the guys moving cars when i was in for service and saw them leave a brand new GS against the curb and back an LS into the curb. when i took delivery of my ES there was a scratch on the wheel that i made them replace. I wish the jockeys would use more caution but I'm sure they're not paid enough to care..
Old 08-21-06, 11:53 AM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

that's also the reason why i don't bring my car to service for free car wash. I'm just too afraid that they will scratch my car.
Old 08-21-06, 12:01 PM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[QUOTE=IS_250;2079186] I had noticed alot of wear on my driver's seat leather and they agreed to replace it .. [QUOTE]

Wow, im shocked they agreed to replace your seat, my car only has about 2,500 miles on it and the drivers seat looks worn as hell.. I had a feeling the soft leather wasn't going to be durable
Old 08-21-06, 12:20 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

My local service department also scarcthed my roof but they agreed to buff it out for me so it was all good. It is all dependent on the service manager. They usually want a good rating from you when they mail you the surveys so you should be good.

-Mike
Old 08-21-06, 03:57 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Tony1;2079391][QUOTE=IS_250;2079186] I had noticed alot of wear on my driver's seat leather and they agreed to replace it ..

Wow, im shocked they agreed to replace your seat, my car only has about 2,500 miles on it and the drivers seat looks worn as hell.. I had a feeling the soft leather wasn't going to be durable
i was very surprised as well. they agreed to replace the seat cover, one of the rear door panels, and one of the headrest covers. i think it really depends from dealer to dealer.
Old 08-21-06, 04:03 PM
IS_250
Pole Position

Originally Posted by cbbkrayz
My local service department also scarcthed my roof but they agreed to buff it out for me so it was all good. It is all dependent on the service manager. They usually want a good rating from you when they mail you the surveys so you should be good.

-Mike
yeah, i actually called my service advisor and told him what had happened. he basically assured me that it would be taken care of on my next service visit. he said if his service director said it would be taken care of, it will. after speaking to a couple people who work for other service depts they said my local lexus dealer service dept has high CSI scores, and will probably take care of this to maintain their excellent surveys. after hearing that im feeling a bit better about this being taken care of.
Old 08-21-06, 04:32 PM
y2ks2k
CL Folding Freak

I've stopped caring about scratches and stuff because I always buy new cars and something happens within months of buying it. I just don’t care any more unless its major. I put a minor scuff on one of my rims. You couldn’t see it unless you stood there close to the rims looking hard at it. I just don’t care any more because I know its going to happen. I don’t even look any more. Oddly enough, since I haven’t cared on my last 2 cars, I haven’t had any problems at all.

Its karma baby (Earl has taught me a lot)!!
Old 08-21-06, 05:08 PM
CoasterG
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS_250
Luckily i was just a block away when i noticed a 2" scratch on my rear driver side door. I immediately went back to talk to the service writer, but he had left for the day. The service director came out and inspected the scratch. He agreed to have the scratch fixed, but refused to give it to me in writing.. He hands me his card and reassures me that it will be taken care of on the next service visit. I know i should have got it in writing, but they know that i still have other warranty work that need to be done in the upcoming week. Just wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with a problem like this.. Any advice?
Hopefully they won't forget their promise when you go get your warranty work, best bet in situations like this is to get them to fulfill their promise ASAP (like the next morning). People forget things.
Old 08-21-06, 10:27 PM
shaolin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my dealer scratched my girl's car and finally after talking to 5 different people they decided to fix it correctly.

last weekend i took my car in for seat belt recall. i first check the car with the them and so they know what's going on. the day i pick the car up i found i a small curb scratch and they are going to replace it with a new rim for free. guys, please check your car closely and let them know where it's scratch or not. make sure let them sign and date what they did wrong.

by the way, i was at tustin lexus. i mean everytime we brought our 250/350 in, there will always be some sort of thing happen. but they end up taking care of it... hopfully it doesn't have again....
Old 08-22-06, 10:21 AM
IS_250
Pole Position

Ive definately learned to make sure I inspect my car thoroughly before picking it up. I realize that nicks and scratches will happen, and i honestly dont care if i scracth it myself. I have no one else to blame if scratch my own car. But if these imperfections happen while at the dealer they should take care of it. I'll keep you guys posted on what happens, I'll give them a chance to resolve this issue before i post the name of the dealership and give a negative opinion of them.