Zyoxx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes the kit is yours to keep
Old 08-21-06, 11:05 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

hmm...fullerton. i might be interested in doing this since i'm only a couple cities away (diamond bar). i'm guessing you don't have the sketches/what the kit will look like. I'll send a PM to you
Old 08-21-06, 11:41 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

I live 30 sec away from Extreme Dimensions werehouse...
I think i might make a visit and check it out..
Old 08-22-06, 09:20 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Like I said in my PM to you, Im interested in doing this, but I need to know the finer details to this transaction.... What paper documentation is signed to ensure that my car is not damaged or stolen while test fitment is taking place. Also, a drawing/sketch of the kit would be key as well. Im thinking all potential test cars would want to know what "kit" they are getting before leaving their car there for two weeks. Also, is a loaner car provided or are we responsible for renting a car while test fitment takes place?

If we have to rent our own car, its almost not worth it for a "free" kit. Because it will cost approximately $500 to rent a car for two weeks (not including gas) and another $600 to get the "free" kit painted by this company. So the "free" kit would cost $1100+
Old 08-22-06, 09:45 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

The two thoughts that come to mind are:

1) Caveat Emptor, and
2) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Bring this offer to your lawyer for your protection. Whatever he writes up for them sign will kill the "deal" for sure. Just think about giving your $40K ride to someone you don't know, to do ill defined surgery on.

Not me, brother!
Old 08-22-06, 10:17 AM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have Park Assist sensors, they will be removed. You need to reinstall them somehow...
Old 08-22-06, 11:55 AM
AgBlue
Pole Position

Possibly interested.. but questions are the same as above. About 20 mins from Fullerton.
Old 08-22-06, 03:11 PM
Ichigo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by fantom
The two thoughts that come to mind are:

1) Caveat Emptor, and
2) If it sounds too good to be true, it probably isn't.

Bring this offer to your lawyer for your protection. Whatever he writes up for them sign will kill the "deal" for sure. Just think about giving your $40K ride to someone you don't know, to do ill defined surgery on.

Not me, brother!
The more I think about it, I am inclined to agree with you... there are just so many unknowns and Vioxx has yet to produce any sort of specifics. All I am hearing is drop off your car for two weeks and you will get a "free" kit. Some links to a website doesnt do much to calm my fears. But good luck to who ever volunteers for this. I hope its a good kit that everyone will like.
Old 08-22-06, 03:58 PM
Zyoxx
Rookie

We are just relaying the request that we have gotten from Extreme Dimensions. We can get you in contact with the Sponsorship/Development manager at Extreme Dimensions. They have a office that you will be droping it off at, not a parking lot out in the middle of no where. Extreme Dimensions, is, as far as I've know them, as one of the top fiberglass kit makers in the US, and is not in the business of "car jacking". Ultimately, you will have to discuss it with them. We am just trying to help a fellow SEMA member out, and also trying to hook a fellow IS350 owner. If you feel uneasy, then this deal is probably not for you.
Old 08-22-06, 05:04 PM
iorchii
Driver School Candidate

On the side note for Car Insurance purposes...

If you leave your car with another party, ie. dealer, auto body shop, tinter, valet etc... Your auto insurance company will not pay for damages to your vehicle, because the office/body shop should assume liability of damages to your vehicle that you have dropped off at their property. Therefore, some places that offer free kits for fitting and molding, will either assume the liability(you can ask for a copy of their Evidence of Liability Insurance) or the shop have you sign a waiver statement, that states any damages to your vehicle will waive the shop of any liability and the owner will take full responsibility of the damages on your car.

'Most' companies that develop kits that require a vehicle fitting, usually compensate you by giving you the free kit, but the owner rental expenses and transporation expenses are paid by the owner. However, it may be different for this company.

But on the other hand, this is a rare offer... Good luck to whomever gets the kit and let us know how it looks, pix and all those great stuff... ^_^
Old 08-22-06, 10:22 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

I just had a visit with them...
seems like a nice company with good guys..
i think im gonna go with this offer...
as long as i get to keep my stock parts..
bumpers and sideskirt... just incase i dont like it...
worth the risk.. if i get the stock parts to keep..
Old 08-22-06, 10:49 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77
I just had a visit with them...
seems like a nice company with good guys..
i think im gonna go with this offer...
as long as i get to keep my stock parts..
bumpers and sideskirt... just incase i dont like it...
worth the risk.. if i get the stock parts to keep..

What do you mean IF?

You better demand your stock parts LOL!
Old 08-22-06, 11:42 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

oh.. ok.. lol now i know..
no stock bumper.. no deal..
Old 08-23-06, 12:48 AM
Ichigo
Pole Position

I was not accusing anyone of being in the car jacking business. I actually resent that you insinuate that. I was curious about the specifics to the arrangement with the company in question. Your posts were vague and offered very little detail.

I know Vioxx meant well, but in the future, such "offers" are probably better off made directly from the Manufacturer so that the community can ask the questions to the right party. Good luck to Hiphop, hope you enjoy your kit.
Old 08-23-06, 02:59 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

Actually Hip Hop should have it in writing that his car will be returned to original condition by these "good guys", if he doesn't like the yet to be seen modifications, or there is any damage to his car.

You're correct Zyoxx, I "feel uneasy" for whomever at CL takes this supposed deal. If Extreme Dimensions is such a reputable shop why don't they get a Lexus dealership to front them a car?

There be dragons here.

Quick Reply: Custom Body Kit - Test Car Needed