IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Custom Body Kit - Test Car Needed

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-06, 10:22 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant get the stock bumpers back..
they need it to make sure its a perfect fit...
well neways.
wish me luck...
Old 08-23-06, 03:41 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fantom
You're correct Zyoxx, I "feel uneasy" for whomever at CL takes this supposed deal. If Extreme Dimensions is such a reputable shop why don't they get a Lexus dealership to front them a car?
Lexus dealerships do not offer cars to prototype bodykit products. If it was an entire project, they would contact Lexus corporate... but typically dealerships do not want to deal with small individual projects such as this. (Think about it, what would a dealership gain from using a body kit on their cars? They don't sell bodykit cars at their lots, just stock and OEM parts).
Old 08-23-06, 04:46 PM
fantom
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
......what would a dealership gain from using a body kit on their cars? They don't sell bodykit cars at their lots, just stock and OEM parts).
Actually some do, even if it's with a wink. I would think this entire thread belongs in the Vendor section. Hopefully it will work out well.
Old 08-23-06, 09:16 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fantom
Actually some do, even if it's with a wink. I would think this entire thread belongs in the Vendor section. Hopefully it will work out well.
Find me the contact info of the person from a dealership that would allow this, will give me a car to prototype for some aftermarket parts,and I'll pay for your gas for a month.

I would need a Lexus LS or GS430H
Old 08-24-06, 09:11 AM
FoKused
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
Find me the contact info of the person from a dealership that would allow this, will give me a car to prototype for some aftermarket parts,and I'll pay for your gas for a month.

I would need a Lexus LS or GS430H

I was just checking out this thread decided to comment. its absolutely ridiculous to think that a Lexus dealership would be willing to give a body kit manufacturer a car for 2 weeks, not only that, a dealership would not want to deal with fiberglass. I did dealer sales for roughly 5 years, which is the only reason i have room to comment.

As far as extreme dimensions, if you don’t know them, then you don’t know the aftermarket body kit industry, simple as that. They are a pretty major company as far as body kits are concerned. I have actually been to the warehouse when i was down getting some work done by HKS, The warehouse is massive.

What would a company like Extreme Dimensions have to gain by dicking around with someone over a single kit, in that industry reputation is EVERYTHING.

Last thing for me then im done with my rant, if i wasn’t in Texas i would pounce on this deal you are insane to pass on a deal for a first off body kit, when will this thing hit the market.. what... 6 months or so, and for that period of time you would have 1 of 1 or 1 of 2 kits for our vehicle idk just seems pretty awesome to me.
Old 08-24-06, 11:26 AM
duckduck
Pole Position

Originally Posted by FoKused
I was just checking out this thread decided to comment. its absolutely ridiculous to think that a Lexus dealership would be willing to give a body kit manufacturer a car for 2 weeks, not only that, a dealership would not want to deal with fiberglass. I did dealer sales for roughly 5 years, which is the only reason i have room to comment.

As far as extreme dimensions, if you don’t know them, then you don’t know the aftermarket body kit industry, simple as that. They are a pretty major company as far as body kits are concerned. I have actually been to the warehouse when i was down getting some work done by HKS, The warehouse is massive.

What would a company like Extreme Dimensions have to gain by dicking around with someone over a single kit, in that industry reputation is EVERYTHING.

Last thing for me then im done with my rant, if i wasn’t in Texas i would pounce on this deal you are insane to pass on a deal for a first off body kit, when will this thing hit the market.. what... 6 months or so, and for that period of time you would have 1 of 1 or 1 of 2 kits for our vehicle idk just seems pretty awesome to me.
Too bad Hip_Hop77 already pounced on it =P
Old 08-24-06, 11:52 AM
Tony1
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I def wouldn't let them use my car as a guniea pig, to test some aftermarket kit I'd probably hAte anyway, plus they have the nerve to try to charge you addtionaly for painting it? They should not only
give you a free painted kit, but they should also provide a loaner car..
Old 08-24-06, 01:43 PM
FoKused
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by duckduck
Too bad Hip_Hop77 already pounced on it =P
haha true true
Old 08-24-06, 01:50 PM
FoKused
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tony1
I def wouldn't let them use my car as a guniea pig, to test some aftermarket kit I'd probably hAte anyway, plus they have the nerve to try to charge you addtionaly for painting it? They should not only
give you a free painted kit, but they should also provide a loaner car..
if im not mistaken from reading the posts and from my understandings of the business. They arent charging anyone for painting, and i dont think extreme dimensions paints parts, but they do not paint so you have to do that / pay for that on your own.

You have to look at it as more or less, swaping them kits, and you get to keep a prototype kit that no one else has.. if you are not into the custom look of vehicles and more enjoy your vehicle with the same factory look as EVERYONE else. then why would you go for that deal.. it isnt for you... but if you enjoy your vehicle looking different from everyone else.. then shoot.. go for it..

to purchase a body kit for this vehicle after it is in production is what like 1200$ plus paing 600$.. so you are spending 1800$ for the kit.

this way. 600$ for paint. . . . . when you enjoy to customize your vehicle any way.... AND a 1 or 2 off kit...

I M O
Old 08-24-06, 01:58 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

I've had my previous car used to prototype parts... some places I got the parts for free.. some places I had to pay the "cost" of the part just to be the forefront of getting the part. Eventually I had some contacts that could help me get quality parts for free since I've let them use my cars in the past.

I think people are commenting here on things that they "Wish" they would get when prototyping a part... but in reality it's still a business. I'm sure this could give a foot into the world of sponsored parts for Hip_Hop...
Old 08-24-06, 02:03 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

they said i could get pretty much any part for wholesale price..
or maybe free... ^^ that makes me happy..
and they also showed me some drawing of well, to see what it will look like..
and it wasnt too extreme... so i decided to go for it..
Old 08-24-06, 04:01 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

lucky you, and I wanted to offer my car up as a test car too. post up pics when it's installed =)
Old 08-24-06, 04:02 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

share what it looks like! I demand pictures! hahah
Old 08-25-06, 05:04 AM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77
Im sure after the kit is complete you will be able to get your stock Bumper, etc... back.
Old 08-25-06, 09:53 AM
FoKused
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77

o wow, im surprised they let you see drawings.. thats pretty cool..

SO HOW DOES IT LOOK.. cmon info info.. lol

Quick Reply: Custom Body Kit - Test Car Needed