IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bought a Volvo S60R Instead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-06, 11:04 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by gonbad
Guys I really liked the IS350 but I got a screaming good deal on a 06 Volvo S60R with the manual transmission. MSRP was $46K I got it for just over $30K with my company's discount plan and Volvo incentives. The real kicker was the more room in the back for my 1 year old daughter. It was going to be real cramped back there with a child seat in the IS350. Still got 300 HP and the fun of a manual transmission and AWD. Probably be back looking at Lexus again in 2008 when my wife's car is off its lease.
Wow, great car and great choice! Good luck and stick around
Old 09-04-06, 07:20 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It would be cool if Lexus did something like this. This guy did the Overseas Delivery option on his black S60R and took a few laps around the "Ring" in Germany.

http://ss.otheron.com/rkelly/video/swede1.mov

click save as! It is a big file so dial up is death. 36mb high quality video
Awesome video! Does anyone know what that song is called in the Video????

That modded silver Volvo looks really nice and agressive.

I think its a good choice that you picked the Volvo. There are sooooo many new IS's around here. I'm starting no to look at them anymore because there is just so many. They are starting to be more IS's here in So Cal then Honda Civics, no joke!

Good choice on the Volvo, you hardly see them here in So Cal.
Old 09-05-06, 10:12 AM
clubfoot
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Very nicely appointed vehicle, was on my short list until I saw the turning circle of 13m! Parking would be a pain in some places
Old 09-05-06, 12:13 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Yes the turning radius is impacted by the AWD system. I wonder what the turning radius on the IS250 AWD or BMW ix.
Old 09-06-06, 11:40 AM
fantom
Lead Lap

....I got a screaming good deal on a 06 Volvo S60R with the manual transmission. MSRP was $46K I got it for just over $30K with my company's discount plan and Volvo incentives.
Congrats on an amazing deal gonbad.

Even with X-Plan pricing, I can't come close to your deal. Was the car a dealer demo? Would you mind listing the discounts that got you to $30K?

In any event, best of luck with a beautiful car and a growing family.
Old 09-06-06, 01:57 PM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

you cant beat a 16K discount.
i would buy more and sell.. lol
**** with 16K discount.. you could make some money
Old 09-06-06, 02:23 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by fantom
Congrats on an amazing deal gonbad.

Even with X-Plan pricing, I can't come close to your deal. Was the car a dealer demo? Would you mind listing the discounts that got you to $30K?

In any event, best of luck with a beautiful car and a growing family.
Car was used by Volvo in a car show. Sold to dealer. Car has only 37 miles on it. So not really a Demo. The only issue was some wear on the front seats. Volvo is replacing both front seat's leather with new. I negotiated price down to 38K prior to X-plan. X-plan took it down to just below 36K. Incentives on Lease took it down another 5K.

I am picking it up Saturday Sept 9.
Old 09-06-06, 02:29 PM
doc7string
Driver School Candidate

Hey gonbad- don't drool over the E class AMG. I have a 2005 E 500 (not an AMG, but a sweet looking car) Too bad it has been in the shop 7 times for a malfunctioning airmatic suspension. It is the most beautiful piece og garbage I have ever owned. Great engine (I am sure the AMG is even nicer) but reliability goes a long way toward motoring bliss. Good luck with the new ride!
Old 09-06-06, 02:30 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77
you cant beat a 16K discount.
i would buy more and sell.. lol
**** with 16K discount.. you could make some money
I would too. However it was literaly the last one I found online that was a 2006. Volvo really put out the incentives on the 06's to get them off dealer's lots. I just took advantage of the timing.

I did the same thing on my wife's Acura MDX. I purchased it in 2004 the day after Christmas. The dealer was going to be getting a delivery of several right before the end of the year. Therefore, he was facing a sizable inventory tax plus he was trying to get his numbers for the end of the month and year. I bought the car $500 over invoice. Up to that point most dealers I was talking to would only take about $1000-1500 off MSRP on the MDX.
Old 09-06-06, 02:45 PM
gsrthomas
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by doc7string
Hey gonbad- don't drool over the E class AMG. I have a 2005 E 500 (not an AMG, but a sweet looking car) Too bad it has been in the shop 7 times for a malfunctioning airmatic suspension. It is the most beautiful piece og garbage I have ever owned. Great engine (I am sure the AMG is even nicer) but reliability goes a long way toward motoring bliss. Good luck with the new ride!
Funny thing is I was driving home from San Diego this past weekend. I was on the 5 north near Dana Point. While I'm on the freeway I see a Black new E500 or E350. While I past it the front of the car was totally slammed. I was all omg. Then I figured the suspension went out because the car was not modded at all.

I would never buy a mercedes.
Old 09-07-06, 07:37 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Another reason I bought the Volvo. This was Westside Lexus in Houston. My office is just down the street from them. They were rude and very elitist. I can't stand that. It's my money. I wish I had Sewell Lexus down here in Houston. I dealt with that family of dealerships in Dallas and their service was excellent at all of them regardless of the brand.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=gonbad

On the other hand The Volvo Dealer is right next door to the Lexus. Granted I didn't buy the car from them but everyone I met over there when I test drove an S60R with the Automatic were very nice and courteous.
Old 10-18-06, 04:45 PM
Galaxy 40
Pole Position

Speaking of S60R's, Just today and a few months ago 2 tried to race me.I guess my 350 seems to be magnet for S60R'S
Old 10-18-06, 05:01 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Another reason I bought the Volvo. This was Westside Lexus in Houston. My office is just down the street from them. They were rude and very elitist. I can't stand that. It's my money. I wish I had Sewell Lexus down here in Houston. I dealt with that family of dealerships in Dallas and their service was excellent at all of them regardless of the brand.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=gonbad

On the other hand The Volvo Dealer is right next door to the Lexus. Granted I didn't buy the car from them but everyone I met over there when I test drove an S60R with the Automatic were very nice and courteous.
Just finished your original thread and it's very interesting. Anyhow, congrats on your Volvo and Im sure you will be back in the LEXUS world.
Old 10-18-06, 05:32 PM
nota4re
Driver School Candidate

I bought my IS just two weeks ago. I decided to "move up" from my '05 Subaru STi which had been my daily driver for the last year. Did my research and was hell-bent to go out and buy the S60R. Went to the local Volvo dealer and looked over the S60R and just couldn't get excited about it. My 15 year-old kept pulling my sleeve to leave. I would have liked to drive it - probably would have really liked it. However, I do have to look at the car too and it wasn't growing on me. We left the Volvo dealer and, on a lark, we passed by the Lexus dealer. I've known the Sales Manager for 20+ years and the first car we saw was their first x-package 350 fully loaded. The rest is history - I bought it right then and there. (It didn't hurt that my buddy did the deal for $500 over invoice.)

I let the family read this thread because they all accused me of "finally coming to my senses" when I bought the Lexus. I still think the S60R is one helluva car and I am glad that the members of this board are mature enough to give the car it's due respect.

I'll have my Eibach Pro's on this week and will post pics in my own thread so I don't hijack this one! Go Volvo!
Old 10-18-06, 06:06 PM
skorpio
Driver

Quote: Awesome video! Does anyone know what that song is called in the Video????

Heres much better Volvo video. Im just waiting for similar videos with IS350.

http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...3af4fe7173.htm

Dont let the intro of this video fool you.

regards, Bart.

Quick Reply: Bought a Volvo S60R Instead!!!