IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Bought a Volvo S60R Instead!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-06, 02:18 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bought a Volvo S60R Instead!!!

Guys I really liked the IS350 but I got a screaming good deal on a 06 Volvo S60R with the manual transmission. MSRP was $46K I got it for just over $30K with my company's discount plan and Volvo incentives. The real kicker was the more room in the back for my 1 year old daughter. It was going to be real cramped back there with a child seat in the IS350. Still got 300 HP and the fun of a manual transmission and AWD. Probably be back looking at Lexus again in 2008 when my wife's car is off its lease.
Old 08-25-06, 02:51 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Thanks for posting... I guess. Have fun with your Ford, I mean Volvo. Maybe this was better off being posted in "Club Volvo."

Javier
Old 08-25-06, 02:55 PM
Yuri
Rookie

Nice Car!!!
Old 08-25-06, 03:01 PM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by javyLSU
Thanks for posting... I guess. Have fun with your Ford, I mean Volvo. Maybe this was better off being posted in "Club Volvo."

Javier
hahaha i was just going to say that..
Old 08-25-06, 03:05 PM
jlin101
Lexus Test Driver

Ford is selling Jaguar and LR to raise cash; will Volvo be far behind? Volvo makes some very sensible cars, and 30K for a S60R is a good deal (I paid $35K for a 850 Turbo back in 1995). Loved it at the time, except for the rough 5-cylinder and stiff ride. Good luck with your Volvo.
Old 08-25-06, 03:06 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice Ride, 60R are nice and rare, great reliability from volvo even thought they are owned by ford. Never heard complaints about a Volvo product. S60R was on my short list. Trust me you won't bump into too many of those in your local shopping mart.
Old 08-25-06, 03:34 PM
jcreech
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yuri
Nice Car!!!
CRAPPY CAR!!!!
Old 08-25-06, 03:47 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck. I get the car the like, not the car with the "best deal" seems to me that Volvo is way overpriced. But if it's good for you.....
Old 08-25-06, 04:26 PM
9520G
Lead Lap

Wow if I knew I can get one that cheap, I would have Defintley bought the volvo instead, very nice looking car! Good luck with it.
Old 08-25-06, 06:42 PM
GREED777
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nate579
Nice Ride, 60R are nice and rare, great reliability from volvo even thought they are owned by ford. Never heard complaints about a Volvo product. S60R was on my short list. Trust me you won't bump into too many of those in your local shopping mart.
Not to rain on this thread at all, but I was just talking to a friend of mine who bought a 60R and has been having alot of troubles with it. Primarily electrical and AWD oriented. Hopefully it's a fluke and not a trend. Good luck with the car. He has only done a few mods, suspension, exhaust, body kit, but Volvo wouldn't cover anything under warranty until the car was brought back up to stock height.
Old 08-25-06, 06:43 PM
meteoro
Pole Position

Originally Posted by nate579

Great reliability? I would argue that. Yeah, they will not leave you stranded, but all the little things that break are annoying. My wife's XC90 has been in for a rattle, the same one, three times, for a power window switch, for the turn signal switch, for the cup holder lid (3 times), for a door rattle, the rear lift gate would not open from the outside, i can keep on an on.

She loves it, cuz she feels safe. But I would never trade my Lexus for a Volvo. never.

My lex, all three have been bullet proof, all I have ever done is regular maintenace. Nothing has ever broken in any of them.

Good luck with your volvo....and yeah, i got a pretty killer deal too, with my company's X plan.

still wishing we could of gotten the GX 470 instead.
Old 08-25-06, 07:04 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

i always thought of Volvo as being safe and reliable.. but a buddy of mine... i wish i can remember which model she had... but it was nothing but trouble

and now she has a 06 GS and no complaints

but as long as you can enjoy your ride.. just drive
Old 08-25-06, 07:18 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hmmm? Interesting, theres more than a few people at my job they have late model volvos and they swear by the car. I rarely hear complaints about them as much as I have heard about MB or BMW, even Saab is having more issues than volvos. 0-60 in 5.4 seconds and 118ft 60-0 are good numbers and he paid a little over 30k. Hell I would've taking that deal. I added it to my sleeper list along with Subaru GT. Cars that don't look fast that can give you the smack down. Well the S60R do look fast, i love the look unique and non comformist.
Old 08-25-06, 07:26 PM
gonbad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by kensteele
Good luck. I get the car the like, not the car with the "best deal" seems to me that Volvo is way overpriced. But if it's good for you.....
Yeah if I was getting the car I liked the most for daily driving I would be sporting around town in the new E-Class AMG. I did like the Lexus however I didn't like it $10,000 more.

I figure that 10 g's could go to so many other things like her college fund. I also frequently drive with my dauther in the car. I currently have a Honda as my daily driver it is actually roomier than the Lexus IS in the back and I complain about the car seat in the back of that none stop. I would get tired of having to shoe-horn her in and out of the car. I don't need an SUV that is my wife's car.

So what did I really want? I wanted a sporty sedan with some power under the hood. What did I get a sporty sedan with some power under the hood. Yeah I could have sold the house and bought that AMG but I would have to sell it to pay for the divorce. I just couldn't justify spending an extra $10,000 bucks on the Lexus. My wife liked the Lexus too but she agreed with me.
Old 08-25-06, 08:34 PM
bgarre
Driver

As long as your satisfied that's all that matters. It's your car (and payment) Cheers!

Quick Reply: Bought a Volvo S60R Instead!!!