IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Park Assist in Nav/ML package?

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-06, 08:13 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SilverLexo
It wont. It only plays mp3's from a CD. I do however like that you can browse the floders AND files seperately. It also has pretty detailed file information.
Thanks for clearing that up. Saves me a DVD. I like that you can play mp3's on a cd, but I don't like that the audio screen goes a away(if you have nav), so you cant see the song title.

Originally Posted by dfw350
does anyone here have parking assist? can you tell us if the mirrors lower and stuff automatically in reverse?
Yes, the mirrors will lower (if right or left mirror is selected on door panel) and backup camera comes on. When getting near an object, a little diagram of the car shows up with how close you are. I love it. Its great for parallel parking. Although the front sensors are only on the corners, so I worry that I will hit something in the front.
Old 11-02-06, 08:57 AM
SolaraToIS
Lead Lap

I can't help but shake my head when I read these threads about people
that pinch x$ on a 40K car, then a few months after they have the car
prepare to spend 2x$ to add an option they pinched on in the beginning.
Old 11-02-06, 09:04 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

I don't think the dropping mirrors have anything to do with PA. What's cool is having the backup camera and the PA on the nav screen at the same time (and the drop mirrors).

Koz
Old 11-02-06, 09:44 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
It had nothing to do with pinching anything. The car on the lot had all of the options I wanted except parking assist and I talked them down to $8k below invoice so I wasnt about to blow the deal trying to special order something that none of the IS350's had on the lot. And I'm not prepared to spend THOUSANDS on the PA, I was just wondering if it could be done and if it could be done for $500, I'd probably do it.
Old 11-02-06, 11:33 AM
clubaddict
Driver

It had nothing to do with pinching anything. The car on the lot had all of the options I wanted except parking assist and I talked them down to $8k below invoice so I wasnt about to blow the deal trying to special order something that none of the IS350's had on the lot. And I'm not prepared to spend THOUSANDS on the PA, I was just wondering if it could be done and if it could be done for $500, I'd probably do it.
8k under invoice?? howd u geta deal like that??
Old 11-02-06, 11:41 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by clubaddict
8k under invoice?? howd u geta deal like that??
oppps SORRY!! $8k below sticker.
But anyways still a smokin deal mainly because it was an 06 and I beat them up on every possible angle, even walked out of the deal to make sure it was the best possible price. Then had my friend who knows the GM come in after that and make sure there was absolutley no more room to budge.
Old 11-02-06, 03:54 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SolaraToIS
I agree. I guess there is some new math or something. Lower the car note (low monthly payment) so you feel like you got a good deal and didn't overspend on a car then turn around and spend cash on the extra goodies.

for me (i realize this is not for everyone), it's all about getting the car you want first...then the money. i guess i've been there having a stripped down car and then spending a lot of time "learning" to love it (no fun).
Old 11-02-06, 05:22 PM
Bichon
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 276 Likes on 244 Posts

Originally Posted by kensteele
for me (i realize this is not for everyone), it's all about getting the car you want first...then the money.
For me, it's all about getting a car that's pretty close to the one I want NOW, as opposed to one that's exactly what I want four months from now.
Old 11-02-06, 05:42 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I would rather NEVER get the car rather than get one that's pretty close I don't want...

Bottom line: I refuse to settle for any less than EXACTLY what I want...
Old 11-02-06, 07:10 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
I would rather NEVER get the car rather than get one that's pretty close I don't want...

Bottom line: I refuse to settle for any less than EXACTLY what I want...
+1

(plus, if you're going to spend that much money on a car, you better get it right the first time around...)
Old 11-02-06, 11:29 PM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kensteele
I agree. I guess there is some new math or something. Lower the car note (low monthly payment) so you feel like you got a good deal and didn't overspend on a car then turn around and spend cash on the extra goodies.

for me (i realize this is not for everyone), it's all about getting the car you want first...then the money. i guess i've been there having a stripped down car and then spending a lot of time "learning" to love it (no fun).
My car isnt the strippy model. I dont have light washers, PA, or cruise option. Other than that I got everything I wanted ML, NAV, Lux, gspyders, color, interior. It wasnt about saving a few bucks on my payment it was about instant gratification and driving off with the car I wanted that day rather than waiting 3-4 months (just like bichon said) to get parking assist which is really just a novelty item. I dont have Asian woman syndrome, I can park just fine. There wasnt one IS350 on the lot that even had PA so it wasnt really an option for me anyway.
Why the EFF do people get so weird when you ask about adding something to your car? It like saying why mod your IS350 engine when you should have annied up and bought an M5 if you wanted a faster car in the first place.
Old 11-03-06, 04:46 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

oppps SORRY!! $8k below sticker.
But anyways still a smokin deal mainly because it was an 06 and I beat them up on every possible angle, even walked out of the deal to make sure it was the best possible price. Then had my friend who knows the GM come in after that and make sure there was absolutley no more room to budge.
Congratulations, you got the best deal on a 350 in CL history!! NOBODY here has EVER gotten a deal like that. $8,000 below sticker is still about $2,000 BELOW invoice. I don't see how you negotiated this deal. Was the car a demo or something? Oh, wait, let me guess, you hade a trade and the masters that they are used smoke and mirrors to give you the illusion that you were getting $8,000 off.

Last edited by IS350jet; 11-03-06 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-03-06, 08:02 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS350jet
Congratulations, you got the best deal on a 350 in CL history!! NOBODY here has EVER gotten a deal like that. $8,000 below sticker is still about $2,000 BELOW invoice. I don't see how you negotiated this deal. Was the car a demo or something? Oh, wait, let me guess, you hade a trade and the masters that they are used smoke and mirrors to give you the illusion that you were getting $8,000 off.
No need to be a ***** just because you overpaid!! No trade in.
Technically it wasnt $8k of true MSRP since I am including the $2k I got off the overpriced gspyders and those rims should not be included in an MSRP sticker, just added to a dealers suggested price. After the GM talked to my friend who knows him (buddie is a car broker), he personally walked over to me and said "So you're the @sshole who is getting that IS, huh? You know I'm losing money on that deal?". I laughed a little and figure he has to be getting some sort of dealer incentive for moving an 06. I would have just gotten a car from my broker friend but there were no IS350s listed for auction at the time...not even in socal.

Dont be mad.
Old 11-03-06, 08:32 AM
IS350jet
Pole Position

No need to be a ***** just because you overpaid!! No trade in.
Technically it wasnt $8k of true MSRP since I am including the $2k I got off the overpriced gspyders and those rims should not be included in an MSRP sticker, just added to a dealers suggested price. After the GM talked to my friend who knows him (buddie is a car broker), he personally walked over to me and said "So you're the @sshole who is getting that IS, huh? You know I'm losing money on that deal?". I laughed a little and figure he has to be getting some sort of dealer incentive for moving an 06. I would have just gotten a car from my broker friend but there were no IS350s listed for auction at the time...not even in socal.

Dont be mad.
I guess I should have been more clear. I was slamming the dealer for being very crafty at what they do. 99.9% of the population can be duped, tricked and manipulated into believing whatever the sales goof tells them, including discount. With that, I still find it very hard to believe $8k off of sticker. That WOULD be the best deal in history. I was simply congratulating you. (If it's true)
Old 11-03-06, 09:14 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

My car isnt the strippy model. I dont have light washers, PA, or cruise option. Other than that I got everything I wanted ML, NAV, Lux, gspyders, color, interior. It wasnt about saving a few bucks on my payment it was about instant gratification and driving off with the car I wanted that day rather than waiting 3-4 months (just like bichon said) to get parking assist which is really just a novelty item. I dont have Asian woman syndrome, I can park just fine. There wasnt one IS350 on the lot that even had PA so it wasnt really an option for me anyway.
Why the EFF do people get so weird when you ask about adding something to your car? It like saying why mod your IS350 engine when you should have annied up and bought an M5 if you wanted a faster car in the first place.
Agreed, our comments weren't aimed at you (since you got most options you wanted and there will always be one or two that are most unattainable; i don't have pa myself) but aimed at those who go low and stripped and then spend a lot of time and money trying to get something....hehe, they even do this when the [loaded] car they wanted is already sitting on the lot next to car they bought.

Quick Reply: Park Assist in Nav/ML package?