This must be abuse.

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-06, 12:16 PM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
V1 + eyes = all good
lol at 165 neither your eyes or a V1 is gonna do squat.
Old 09-01-06, 12:32 PM
gshb
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

V1 isnt really going to help you these days on the 5. the cops really do use aircraft to patrol....imagine seeing a cop on the side road ahead, youve been doing 70 since before you saw him. once you pass him he puts his lights on and pulls you over. youre like wtf? he writes you a ticket for doing 80, something you did minutes ago before you saw him. it happens...thats why i only speed at night or when the weather is bad.
Old 09-01-06, 12:47 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by gshb
V1 isnt really going to help you these days on the 5. the cops really do use aircraft to patrol....imagine seeing a cop on the side road ahead, youve been doing 70 since before you saw him. once you pass him he puts his lights on and pulls you over. youre like wtf? he writes you a ticket for doing 80, something you did minutes ago before you saw him. it happens...thats why i only speed at night or when the weather is bad.
Ya, always at night...

Anyway, my days top speed runs are over... Especially living on the east coast now
Old 09-01-06, 01:01 PM
Sexi_Lexi
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gshb
OMG you've hit the nail on the head. What happened to me a week ago was it was 3:15am and I was on the 5 fwy near the Crown Valley Exit. I was approaching Avery Pkwy to get home. I was going roughly at 100mph since there was no one on the road and I see a CHP car ahead of me. I slam on the brakes and cruise at about 80mph. I'm about to exit at Avery to get home when I notice this car on my a$$ and I'm thinking wtf...all the lanes are open so why is this car tailgating me? I switch lanes and he also switches. Then BAM! I see red/blue lights flashing. It was a CHP w/o the police lights on the roof of the car.

I get pulled over and the cop says "where are you going at this hour that requires you to go 102mph? I caught you on radar and saw that you slammed on your brakes. But even after you slammed on your brakes, you were still doing 81mph." I told him I was on the way home and I was literally 2 mins from my house. He ended up giving me a ticket for doing 81mph with a note indicating that he verbally warned me about doing 102mph.

Long story short, don't speed on the 5 fwy even if it's late, late at night. And don't rely on a radar detector to protect your a$$. I was lucky that he didn't write me a ticket for 100+ because I would've never been able to go to traffic school.
Old 09-01-06, 02:10 PM
ABC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

^ damn, that's insane! lol. I will remember to not speed on the 5...

The longest trip i made in the IS was the night i bought her in glendale. Drove from there to north san diego to get her home The computer said 32.1mpg average.
Old 09-01-06, 02:15 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrMut
^ damn, that's insane! lol. I will remember to not speed on the 5...

The longest trip i made in the IS was the night i bought her in glendale. Drove from there to north san diego to get her home The computer said 32.1mpg average.
Dayyyum!!! That's good MPG...
Old 09-01-06, 05:49 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sexi_Lexi
OMG you've hit the nail on the head. What happened to me a week ago was it was 3:15am and I was on the 5 fwy near the Crown Valley Exit. I was approaching Avery Pkwy to get home. I was going roughly at 100mph since there was no one on the road and I see a CHP car ahead of me. I slam on the brakes and cruise at about 80mph. I'm about to exit at Avery to get home when I notice this car on my a$$ and I'm thinking wtf...all the lanes are open so why is this car tailgating me? I switch lanes and he also switches. Then BAM! I see red/blue lights flashing. It was a CHP w/o the police lights on the roof of the car.

I get pulled over and the cop says "where are you going at this hour that requires you to go 102mph? I caught you on radar and saw that you slammed on your brakes. But even after you slammed on your brakes, you were still doing 81mph." I told him I was on the way home and I was literally 2 mins from my house. He ended up giving me a ticket for doing 81mph with a note indicating that he verbally warned me about doing 102mph.

Long story short, don't speed on the 5 fwy even if it's late, late at night. And don't rely on a radar detector to protect your a$$. I was lucky that he didn't write me a ticket for 100+ because I would've never been able to go to traffic school.
Given that you're female, I'm surprised he gave you a ticket at all. Reminds me of a Seinfeld episode, I guess the feminine charm wasn't working overtime at 3:30am . . .
Old 09-04-06, 12:08 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Wow finally I arrived in LA again. On the way back my brother and I decided to take the Monterey route using Hwy 1. Traffic jams everywhere and slow cars on the twisties of Hwy 1. This trip took us 9 hours, convoyed with the cayenne turbo.
Was anyone in this forum driving on US101S at around 8-9 near Santa Barbara area? There was 2 IS 350 that I saw, one was brand new and one was racing with me. Had a fun time, thanks man.

My tank average around 24-26mpg, speeds are usually 85-95 average and the occasional 120mph pull during the hilly parts. V1 + eyes keeps me away from those tickets. I-5 is relatively flat, meaning it can detect radar from a mile away, when I do detect it, i usually slow down to 80-85 and when the coast is clear, back to the average 95.

Old 09-04-06, 03:35 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Wow finally I arrived in LA again. On the way back my brother and I decided to take the Monterey route using Hwy 1. Traffic jams everywhere and slow cars on the twisties of Hwy 1. This trip took us 9 hours, convoyed with the cayenne turbo.
Was anyone in this forum driving on US101S at around 8-9 near Santa Barbara area? There was 2 IS 350 that I saw, one was brand new and one was racing with me. Had a fun time, thanks man.

My tank average around 24-26mpg, speeds are usually 85-95 average and the occasional 120mph pull during the hilly parts. V1 + eyes keeps me away from those tickets. I-5 is relatively flat, meaning it can detect radar from a mile away, when I do detect it, i usually slow down to 80-85 and when the coast is clear, back to the average 95.

Nice pic!! Man, I miss the Bay Area...