IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ED BOdy kit

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-06, 03:47 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I really doubt this guy would prime his bumber just to "Pretend" he is getting a new body kit.

Give the guy a break and hold off untill he has the kit fully installed and fully painted.

Granted he did post like it was ready, at least we know its halfway there.

Its probally going to cost a grip of $$$ anyway. Rather install some BBK.
Old 09-23-06, 05:50 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like t0e said, give the guy a break.. he's nice enough to even take his time to post a pic of his car later on for you guys to look at, for FREE mind you. It's not like you are paying for his time here... and he's not even bragging about it. He's merely saying he'll have a unique new kit out to show you guys and possibly you will like it or not.

I'm sure the delay wasn't Hip Hop's fault, and instead it was a delay of getting the kit done right.
Old 09-23-06, 06:15 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rys
I'm going to have to side with HopHop on this one.

He can't get his car painted any faster. What exactly is it you want from the guy? This is a sponsored kit, meaning he isn't paying for the kit or to have it painted.

-Brian
I could give a damn how fast the car is painted, I just feel he should stop making countless false promises to us. He has said one more day, one more day, like forty times, if he did not have it done, then he should not have made 2 threads saying it will be done withing the next day or so if it was not going to be. It would have been smarter to not post the 2 threads saying he was going to have it, and just post one, when he ACTUALLY had the pictures to post. What I WANT from the guy is a realistic promise, that's it...
Old 09-23-06, 07:52 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by james6290
I could give a damn how fast the car is painted, I just feel he should stop making countless false promises to us. He has said one more day, one more day, like forty times, if he did not have it done, then he should not have made 2 threads saying it will be done withing the next day or so if it was not going to be. It would have been smarter to not post the 2 threads saying he was going to have it, and just post one, when he ACTUALLY had the pictures to post. What I WANT from the guy is a realistic promise, that's it...
Has it ever crossed your mind that MAYBE the company delayed the kit and gave him the run around? because that's what happened.. they told him ONE more day.. "it'll be done by friday" and on friday.. they said TUESDAY.. etc.. a "2 week" kit became over a month.. its not his fault because all he did was transfer words from ED to you
Old 09-23-06, 08:08 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ihkskim
Has it ever crossed your mind that MAYBE the company delayed the kit and gave him the run around? because that's what happened.. they told him ONE more day.. "it'll be done by friday" and on friday.. they said TUESDAY.. etc.. a "2 week" kit became over a month.. its not his fault because all he did was transfer words from ED to you
Calm down, I was stating my oppion spaz. Maybe the company delayed it, but if he would have sat down for 30 sec. and made a post that said "sorry guys, the company delayed it, ill get back to you" then we would all be OK and people like you would no have to get all defensive. Obviously, if he doesnt have a reason for it then it is not someone else's fault or he would have said it, because that would calm us all down with a 30 word post. You said here "its not his fault because all he did was transfer words from ED to you" but he never told us that the company said that, he just said, "it'll be done by ___", not that the company said that, so you're wrong. Just calm down, im not going to get into a cyber fight with you.
Old 09-23-06, 09:00 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Calm down, I was stating my oppion spaz. Maybe the company delayed it, but if he would have sat down for 30 sec. and made a post that said "sorry guys, the company delayed it, ill get back to you" then we would all be OK and people like you would no have to get all defensive. Obviously, if he doesnt have a reason for it then it is not someone else's fault or he would have said it, because that would calm us all down with a 30 word post. You said here "its not his fault because all he did was transfer words from ED to you" but he never told us that the company said that, he just said, "it'll be done by ___", not that the company said that, so you're wrong. Just calm down, im not going to get into a cyber fight with you.
James, for someone in Ohio, you seem pretty tense. Like people have said, it was delayed by the company, and not his fault for trying to give US the pictures to see a brand new kit. Why should he apologize? If I was him and saw users like you criticising him, I would just stop posting anymore in this thread and forget showing people pictures of the kit. Did you forget it's VOLUNTARY that he's posting it? Who cares if he said the company was delayed or not, does he have to tell you when he's getting it painted? Does he have to tell you when he's going to pick up the car? When he's planning to drive the car too? Are you his dad? You should seriously calm down.
Old 09-23-06, 10:00 PM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

haha why do you make it sound like i'm pissed? and FYI whe ni said transfer ED to you.. i was referring to him telling the pics will be up that day
Old 09-24-06, 12:07 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

wow.. sorry i didnt know you guys were having this debate... i've been left out.. haha.. well the kit is here.. i can post the pics now.. but it still hasnt been painted.. and i dont want dumb ppl lookin at it and sayin its ugly and sh... so let me just wait till it gets painted.. it'll be atleast another week...
sorry for the wait by the way.. didnt expect you to be so anticipated..
i mean.. even if i do show you the pic.. i dont think you can get it in OHIO for another year or so neways.. LOL so dont worry.. it'll be up b4 you can buy it..

no offence.. lets not have a fight.. ^^
Old 09-24-06, 12:26 AM
Zephyr
Lexus Test Driver

Can't we all just get along...and prepare to flame him if it's a ugly kit LOL J/K!
Old 09-24-06, 01:42 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Zephyr
Can't we all just get along...and prepare to flame him if it's a ugly kit LOL J/K!
since ppl have different opinion i hope i can find someone that will like it.. haha jk.. its a nice clean looking kit.. i'll post as soon as its finished.
Old 09-24-06, 02:26 AM
SPEED&ECO.
Lead Lap

is it a full bumper replacement? (sorry too lazy to look back if its already been said)

oh yea and whats it made of?

Last edited by SPEED&ECO.; 09-24-06 at 02:29 AM.
Old 09-24-06, 07:57 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by OutlawsX
James, for someone in Ohio, you seem pretty tense. Like people have said, it was delayed by the company, and not his fault for trying to give US the pictures to see a brand new kit. Why should he apologize? If I was him and saw users like you criticising him, I would just stop posting anymore in this thread and forget showing people pictures of the kit. Did you forget it's VOLUNTARY that he's posting it? Who cares if he said the company was delayed or not, does he have to tell you when he's getting it painted? Does he have to tell you when he's going to pick up the car? When he's planning to drive the car too? Are you his dad? You should seriously calm down.
Wow....I'm speechless. You wrote this response without even looking at my words in the first place, I am not MAD at him, Im just saying a reasonable promise would be appreciated. Geez, you say I should calm down, look at how you attacked me, give it a rest dude, beat a dead horse why don't you...
Old 09-24-06, 08:11 AM
CaThaFeR
speshul c

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

can everyone just calm down? i don't want to see the mods shut this thread down because of the fighting i'd really like to see hiphops kit when its completed
Old 09-24-06, 09:36 AM
cpsmith516
Rookie

Originally Posted by Hip_hop77
since ppl have different opinion i hope i can find someone that will like it.. haha jk.. its a nice clean looking kit.. i'll post as soon as its finished.
i'm thinking he checks the forum about once a week instead of every day like the rest of us maybe that's why we only get replies every other page on this thread.
Old 09-24-06, 05:27 PM
OutlawsX
Lead Lap

Wow....I'm speechless. You wrote this response without even looking at my words in the first place, I am not MAD at him, Im just saying a reasonable promise would be appreciated. Geez, you say I should calm down, look at how you attacked me, give it a rest dude, beat a dead horse why don't you...
Please re-read your post... #48 in this thread. Stop the nagging. The guy has his kit now, just be patient and wait for the pic.

Quick Reply: ED BOdy kit