IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

5000 mile maintenance

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-06, 08:05 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i don't want to wait 1 1/2 hours. it'll be a huge inconvenience on my part considering how far away the dealer is. i was planning on dropping my car off there after work n picking it up the next day but now that i gotta wait, it all turns into making it a special trip, rather than i'll be in the area type deal. i don't understand why i, a customer, should bend over backwards to accommodate them when it should be the other way around? i guess i'm just irked cuz all this time i was led to believe that i would be getting a loaner anytime my car was in for whatever service whether it be free or i was paying for it. also the finance manager boasted that they had over a hundred loaners so i'm sure they're not short on supply. even if they were he said that they would goto the erac down the street n rent a car thru them, but they would try to put you in a lexus loaner if possible.
Old 09-12-06, 08:20 AM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmm Weird For My 5K Maint..* They Ask Me What I Wanted For The Day 1/2 I Got The GS300 They Came To My Office Left That There And Took Off With My Ride!..* I Love Longo!. Lol
Old 09-12-06, 09:08 AM
MoFlava
Rookie

I went to Lexus of Westminster just last weekend for my 5K. The only reason they didn't give me a loaner car was because I didn't make an appt and they didn't have any on the lot. But that was the first thing that they mentioned... a loaner car. I didn't mind, I just stuffed my face w/ Krispy Kreme Donuts and sat in the lobby and went on this forum on my laptop for the hour & and half. (Yes, I'm that guy)

Oh, and I had them turn off my DRLs too. :-) Took some convincing, but got the job.
Old 09-12-06, 09:17 AM
Kuki_350
Rookie

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
hmmm... so it looks like people ARE getting loaners for their 5000 mile comped service. maybe i need to speak to someone else at the dealer or go somewhere else along with my future business.
i got an AWD IS250 fully loaded as a loaner car when i dropped my off for 5k service. I was kind of suprise of the loaner car since the 5k service is free (i mean the dealer has no financial gain, plus i bought my car somewhere else). I guess that what i call good customer service.
Old 09-12-06, 09:46 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

There is a dealer near me that offers a free car wash every Saturday for the life of the vehicle!

Koz
Old 09-12-06, 10:06 AM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
so i'm due for my complimentary 5000 miles maintenance. all this time i thought i would be getting a loaner while my car was in for the servicing but am now told loaner cars aren't available for the complimentary maintenance because it'll only take 1 1/2 hours or so. i don't have time to sit around for 1 1/2 hours at a dealer. i also read that other people were able to get loaners for their first complimentary loaner? anybody know which socal dealer will offer a loaner for the first comped service?
Why do you have to go back to the dealership that you bought from ? The service depts are a separate profit center, not related to Sales. With 12+ Lexus dealers in SoCal, why are you driving over 1 1/2 hours away for service ? Call the nearest dealer, make an appt with the stipulation that you want a loaner. No love, call the next closest. Repeat until you get your loaner . . .
Old 11-02-06, 11:11 PM
flyfl1pguy

Well Im finally going for my 1st scedule maintenance this sat at Newport Lexus. I made an appt. and also asked for a loaner car. The customer service told me it will take 2 hours for the 5k maintenace so that's why I asked for a loaner car. Lets see the service rep. of NEWPORT LEXUS. ..
Old 11-03-06, 10:57 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

i was going to make an appointment w/ longo lexus for my first 5k service, but they refused my request for a loaner vehicle. and although they offered me a ride back home, problem was that i lived too far for the shuttle service. long story short, after haggling w/ the longo lexus service rep, i gave up and took my car all the way to santa monica lexus (where i bought my 2is).

i brought it in before i went to work, and they gave me a plush es350 loaner for the day. IMO a lexus dealer should offer you a loaner while your car is being serviced. for such a premiere brand as lexus, the that's the least they can do...
Old 11-07-06, 12:29 PM
Magellan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We Called Vista Lexus (they were closer to where we live) last week for our 5000 mile service appointment asking for a loaner. They said they couldn’t provide one for a few weeks. We then called Thousand Oaks (where we bought the car) and they had one for us immediately. So we went to Thousand Oaks yesterday where they gave my wife a ’06 GS. They even replaced a few fuses stemming from a bad cell phone charger at no charge. I guess we’ll be going there from now on.
Old 11-07-06, 12:34 PM
NovaIS350
Lexus Test Driver

yeah they offer shuttles alright...shuttles to the SHOWROOM!! And no way are you getting a loaner for an oil change. and it takes an 1.5 hours cause so many other people are in there doing the same thing. Remember they replace gaskets and everything.
Old 11-07-06, 01:43 PM
Ericm
Driver School Candidate

Default 5k

I don't know what Lexus dealer you are taking your car to, but when I took my car in for the 5K service they checked me in, and took me directly to the loaner car department. I also had the Compass Mirror replaced as it randomly worked, and they also gave me a loaner. I think its the dealership you are taking it to. Kearny Mesa Lexus goes out of the way to take care of you...
Old 11-07-06, 01:50 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

call around and see which dealership can set you up w/ a loaner while your car is in for a regularly-scheduled maintenance appointment. if a dealer says no, then go elsewhere.

oh, and make friends w/ your service advisor and get his contact info while you're there.
Old 11-07-06, 03:09 PM
Khackey
Driver School Candidate

South Bay Lexus said it would take 3 hrs on a weekday and 5 hrs on a weekend. Offered shuttle service for drop off but not pick up within 10 mile radius and no loaners.

Even though Southbay Lexus is closer, I'll stick to Beverly Hills Lex where I orginally bought my car. They are great!