IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Stuff Coming Out of Glove Box

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-06, 10:37 AM
pocky
mooncake master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Well looks like I am going to the dealer. After my clean up the junk as returned. I think I have narrowed down the problem. When I have my windows down with A/C off and I am traveling fast it seems that the dust cotton stuff comes out of the glove box and bellow the glove box. I am assuming this has to do with air traveling through the A/C system which is pushing this stuff out. I am hoping this isn't something thats growing inside my car
And how fast do you drive? Mach 5 speeds?

Let us know what the cause is.

Last edited by pocky; 09-14-06 at 10:40 AM.
Old 09-14-06, 11:21 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by dkaplan435
I took my car in for service, a long time ago, because the A/C stopped blowing. It turns out that my extended warranty fell in front of the filter, and blocked it.

As soon as they removed it, everything was cold again!
Haha, they fixed your car by removing the warranty...

Javier
Old 09-14-06, 12:05 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pocky
And how fast do you drive? Mach 5 speeds?

Let us know what the cause is.
Fast enough so its fairly windy in the car, about 45+. I'll let you guys know what the stealership says.

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Myabe a mice or rat is making a nest under your dashboard?
I don't think its an animal because I am not hearing any noises of that kind. If it was a mouse I would have heard it screech from WOT
Old 09-14-06, 12:54 PM
XtrabOoSt
Lexus Test Driver

You Got Urself A Stuffed Chicken In There Boyyyy!..*
Old 09-16-06, 03:50 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Report:

Brought the car in today. Gave me a new RX loaner with less miles than my week old IS 350, good. I told them explicitily NOT to wash my one week old car. Of course when I get it back this evening its newly washed with new scratches. These scratches are on the taillight and side of the car which aren't that noticeable, but still. Of course the service manager that I dealt with left by the time I got my car.

I had them fix a loose trim for my rear window and when I got it back it looked like ****. You can see the glue they used coming out of the trim and there are some marks on the piece.

They attributed the dust buildup to a mouse. They said they cleaned it up and put in a new cabin filter. Since it was a new car I figured it happened while it was sitting on the lot. Well, of course they didn't fix the problem completely and some stuff came flying up again when I left. I am hoping that was the last of it and it won't come back.

Keep in mind this car is only 1 week old. I am not going to name the dealership yet because I want to give them a chance to fix the problem. I'm going to call them on Monday to see what they can do. Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I am over reacting, but when you shell out 45k for a car I expect it to be perfect when I receive it.
Old 09-16-06, 04:57 PM
PhilipMSPT
Cycle Savant

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Anyone have any suggestions? Maybe I am over reacting, but when you shell out 45k for a car I expect it to be perfect when I receive it.
Did you buy the car at this dealership? You're not obligated to get serviced with them for a brand new car.

If they are unable to address your concerns, go to another Lexus dealership. See if someone else can provide better service.

Good luck!