IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Unappreciated IS250

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-06, 12:40 AM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by newr
who are you to decide what she can or can not deserve? some of you need to grow up!!!!
A. She obviously didn't buy the car herself. Even if by some miracle there was a way she could have earned that kind of money at her age, she wouldn't have the complaint she has if she bought it herself.

B. She obviously doesn't appreciate the car. See point A. No luxury sports sedan should be taken for granted. Especially from Lexus.

A + B = She doesn't deserve the car.

If only any one of A OR B was true, there wouldn't be an issue. I was a teenager until just recently, so this isn't some stereotypical bitter old fogie talking.

Honestly, many people would say no high schooler should be driving a car like that while they're living under their parents' roof unless their parents literally have more money than they know what to do with... Personally, I think if your parents can afford it, and you're a good, level-headed kid, then there's no harm done. It's a very nice thing to do for your kid. But there is absolutely no denying that you are a spoiled brat if you get something like that at that age and then have the nerve to COMPLAIN that the color is slightly off...

It really boggles my mind that anyone here would defend her... I'm going to guess that the people doing so are also in high school and driving fancy rides. So defending her is like defending yourself...?

Originally Posted by Hartawan
exactly.
and why should she sign up for this forum and defend for herself. what a waste of her time. its not like this car is a ferrari and she doesnt appreciate it.
That's ridiculous. It's OK to not appreciate a brand new Lexus, but it's not OK to not appreciate a Ferrari? So where exactly is the cutoff for "acceptable lack of appreciation"?

ANY car your parents buy you, you should appreciate. If they buy you a brand new Lexus??? You should be kissing their $%^&*#! feet.

Last edited by RocketGuy3; 09-16-06 at 12:46 AM.
Old 09-16-06, 12:59 AM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

moderators should emphazise making these types of threads.

Last edited by PhilipMSPT; 09-16-06 at 05:13 PM. Reason: We promote community, not exclusivity...
Old 09-16-06, 01:01 AM
okiaristo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

maybe she is what her parents want.. one of my coworkers has a son in high school and the kid is a great kid. i mean he is into sports, has good grades keeps his younger brother out ot trouble..... and because of this, john bought him a fairly new skyline. the TT one that others want, he has. He only has it because he has demonstrated responsibility as a young man. maybe she is a good kid but doesnt know how to handle the attention so she does what she thinks is right. plus she knows that it is a hot car and that others will hate so she downplays how nice it is by trashing the paint color.. wait a few weeks and see if it stays clean, if it does i bet you are just of track about her. if it gets trashed then you might me right.

invite her to the club as a valued member or, if she is a bad IS owner, the club can bring her to the light...
Old 09-16-06, 03:55 AM
B@tm@n
Pole Position

I own an IS and am 18 (yesterday) but i hitch hike 30 miles every day to school. Bought it my self and the problem is that the gas is so expensive here in Icleland. I dont want people to see in school that I own a IS cuz there are many haters and rasists so its better for me that they dont know much about me.
Old 09-16-06, 04:33 AM
liquid2
Pole Position

I think this thread has jealousy written all over it.
Haha, jk but currently with my schools entry level cars are new civics and camrys. See the thing is how, my school parking lot gets filled up with so many new luxury/sports cars, is that the students please their parents and just like...play the role as the perfect kid. Example: I know a IB student who is looking at getting new M3. I mean if you're going to graduate in the top 10 or so of a academically competitive school...you know its what they get as a little present.
Old 09-16-06, 08:40 AM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

This conversation is laughable, given that many (most) of the people posting on here are young and had help buying the car. I'm over 30 and far from living with parents or getting help with car payments, but I can't fault anyone with parents gullible to pay for a $30k+ car for them.
Old 09-16-06, 10:38 AM
rsx2is350
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
IS + high school parking lot = keyed
Dude why are you such a hater? You know you'd be pissed if somebody did that to your IS which took you almost a year to get.
Old 09-16-06, 10:56 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rsx2is350
Dude why are you such a hater? You know you'd be pissed if somebody did that to your IS which took you almost a year to get.
how am i hating, thats going to be the reality, if i said IS350 + ghetto = carjack/stolen/stripped am i hating, thats reality thats how high school people are, that car will be damaged somehow
Old 09-16-06, 12:56 PM
crazydrago
Rookie

Originally Posted by DoMaMuy
Theres this chick at my high school. Damn, she just got a brand spankin new IS250, with AWD, paddle shifters (not like i like em, but they still cost money), and nav, amongst other goodies. Its brand new! And she says she doesnt like it. Why? She says its not the color she wanted... black. Its that dark, dark, dark blue right now. And shes complaining about her new car when she could jsut trade it in for a black one? She shouldnt even be complaining about gettin a new car, especially if its a Lexus.

I wanna start a petition to get her CAR revoked.
What high school???

because there's this girl with the same color car by my house. she thrashes the car and seems to like not care about it. The car has dents on it already..........just wondering
Old 09-16-06, 05:51 PM
Hartawan
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by liquid2
I think this thread has jealousy written all over it.
Totally agree.
Old 09-16-06, 06:09 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Hartawan
Totally agree.
I want to know why you sympathize so much with this girl... To the point that now you're becoming downright insulting to those here who are calling her selfish.

Jealousy is not a factor here. I have/had plenty of great friends with even better cars from a young age, and it didn't bother me. The factors ARE everything I mentioned in my last post.

Like people have mentioned, there might be more to this story, but from what we know, you can't deny that she sounds like an ungrateful, spoiled girl.
Old 09-16-06, 07:18 PM
MCLAREN369
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
I want to know why you sympathize so much with this girl... To the point that now you're becoming downright insulting to those here who are calling her selfish.

Jealousy is not a factor here. I have/had plenty of great friends with even better cars from a young age, and it didn't bother me. The factors ARE everything I mentioned in my last post.

Like people have mentioned, there might be more to this story, but from what we know, you can't deny that she sounds like an ungrateful, spoiled girl.
I have to agree with Hartawan. In my opinion, she can only be considered spoiled if her parents financially went out of their way to buy the car. Some parents are simply loaded and their kids enjoy a high standard of living. Her high standards might warrant her to be picky (watch a couple of episodes of My Sweet 16). She shouldn't be judged by anyone else's standards except her own. The color issue may sound ungrateful but then again who are we to judge. She may truthfully despise that color. If my parents had purchased the pink razor for me, I would be pissed and would demand another color. To her the dark blue IS250 might be a "pink razor".
Old 09-16-06, 07:40 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

i go to high school too w/ my IS350, its a private school though so we get in trouble if we do bad stuff for instance, Person+key+car=keyed car=school/person....in english; you get expelled if you key someones car
Old 09-16-06, 08:22 PM
tuan92129
Lexus Champion

Ohhh, could it be westview high?!?!
I counted 2 c240's, 1 slk, 2 c280, 1 clk (06) 2 is 250's, 3 es300's...
Since it borders rancho sante fe, my school is filthy rich, and you would take care to park your brand new car as close as possible to the front office to avoid being hit by newbie hit and run drivers or keyed.
I've heard this excuse before, i don't think its 'picky or anything' if she and her parents have a respectable background. One of my viet friend's got a 06 c280 when he was 16, and he was very quiet about it. His parents actually immigrated to the us with nothing, and worked very hard to where they are today.
Old 09-16-06, 10:53 PM
newr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
A. She obviously didn't buy the car herself. Even if by some miracle there was a way she could have earned that kind of money at her age, she wouldn't have the complaint she has if she bought it herself.

B. She obviously doesn't appreciate the car. See point A. No luxury sports sedan should be taken for granted. Especially from Lexus.

A + B = She doesn't deserve the car.

If only any one of A OR B was true, there wouldn't be an issue. I was a teenager until just recently, so this isn't some stereotypical bitter old fogie talking.

Honestly, many people would say no high schooler should be driving a car like that while they're living under their parents' roof unless their parents literally have more money than they know what to do with... Personally, I think if your parents can afford it, and you're a good, level-headed kid, then there's no harm done. It's a very nice thing to do for your kid. But there is absolutely no denying that you are a spoiled brat if you get something like that at that age and then have the nerve to COMPLAIN that the color is slightly off...

It really boggles my mind that anyone here would defend her... I'm going to guess that the people doing so are also in high school and driving fancy rides. So defending her is like defending yourself...?

That's ridiculous. It's OK to not appreciate a brand new Lexus, but it's not OK to not appreciate a Ferrari? So where exactly is the cutoff for "acceptable lack of appreciation"?

ANY car your parents buy you, you should appreciate. If they buy you a brand new Lexus??? You should be kissing their $%^&*#! feet.
I really hope that you are not losing sleep over a stranger not liking the car color her parents bought her. If you do, I recommend that you seek help.

Quick Reply: Unappreciated IS250