IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Wind Noise from Moonroof

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-06, 10:33 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

brel523 Thank you soooo much for posting your reply to this question. I mentioned it to the service department and it turns out my glass was warped too. I just got the car back and it's perfectly quite now, even at 80 mph.

They did get a few dirty places on the headliner but you can tell that they actually took some care with the car this time. Nobody else would probably ever notice and I'm just happy to have the car finally fixed so I can live with a few black marks.

I really hated having to call Lexus Corporate over this issue but I'm not sure that the outcome would have been as great if I didn't.

Again, thanks to everybody who gave input on this!
Old 10-23-06, 02:41 PM
Dj_AmtraX
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Serkevin,

I know that it is a risk when you take your car to the dealer. I have a rattle by my left ear that they have not resolved. In your case, I would let them work on it because you should not have to live with loud wind noise. Let us know what happens.

Good luck!
Old 10-23-06, 05:22 PM
brel523
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SerKevin
brel523 Thank you soooo much for posting your reply to this question. I mentioned it to the service department and it turns out my glass was warped too. I just got the car back and it's perfectly quite now, even at 80 mph.
Glad you got the problem fixed without them having to play a guessing game with seals or other parts. Now I wonder how many other people I've seen with wind noise on their moonroof has the same problem(warped glass).
Old 10-23-06, 06:53 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SerKevin

They did get a few dirty places on the headliner but you can tell that they actually took some care with the car this time. Nobody else would probably ever notice and I'm just happy to have the car finally fixed so I can live with a few black marks.

I really hated having to call Lexus Corporate over this issue but I'm not sure that the outcome would have been as great if I didn't.

Again, thanks to everybody who gave input on this!
What about the other problems. You mentioned door damage, scratches to seat leather, and pen marks on a seat. If they didn't repair/replace those items, there's no way I'd rest until someone did. This is not a cheap car, and Lexus service is costly (to put it mildly).
Old 10-24-06, 06:28 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

15951, Fortunately all the damage from the time before last (with an exception of a few spots on the headliner) came out with a good cleaning. What I mean by that is without the black marks, you'd not seen them unless:

a) You knew exactly where they are
b) You got right down on top of them

It's to a point now where I think they'd do more damage than good if they tried to "fix" them... I'll cut my losses and move on to enjoying my car again.
Old 10-24-06, 06:31 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brel523
Glad you got the problem fixed without them having to play a guessing game with seals or other parts. Now I wonder how many other people I've seen with wind noise on their moonroof has the same problem(warped glass).
You know I've been thinking the same thing. I'd bet our cars are not the only IS's with this issue. You know if I'd not driven other IS's before I'd purchased mine, I would have just assumed that was what the car sounded like. It's actually "spookily" quite now.

Again, THANKS!
Old 01-06-07, 11:04 AM
ES3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've asked this question on all of the wind-noise related threads, figure I'll try here too, is there a bulletin for the warped sunroof replacement or is there an easy test they can do, besides just listening for the wind? Also for any of you, do you notice excessive wind noise coming from either door as well? My passenger side door seems to allow much more wind at say 60mph than my driver's side, it's almost like a howling?