Creaking/Squeaking noises!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-06, 08:08 PM
PharmISee
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Creaking/Squeaking noises!

Hey, I have 2 gripes about my IS350.

1.When Im driving fast or going on rougher roads, there is something that keeps rattling in the back seat. Anyone know what that is? I asked my friend sitting in the back seat to look and he was looking all over and could not find out what the rattling noise was about. It seems to be behind the rear seats somewhere. It sounds like plastic'y sounds. I cant explain what it is.

2. And now about the the creaking noise. When I go off a driveway onto a curb, or out of a parking lot, I can hear my roof creak or squeak. I am assuming that pressure is being put to the roof my my car which causes it to squeak. It is extremely annoying. Pleaes someone help!
Old 09-18-06, 08:15 PM
viettho
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my suggestion is bring it to your local deal. Seem like a lot of is ppl have this problem. You might be one of them.
Old 09-19-06, 04:20 PM
lexi06
Rookie

I have the same rattling noise in the back, sounds like it's near the back
window. The noise is very subtle, not enough for me to complain. I was thinking
it could be the rear sunshade. Tested, wasn't that. There are so many things
nice about this car, I don't want to muck with a small thing like that. If it
gets worse then I might consider. Is there such a thing as a 100% perfect car?
Old 09-19-06, 04:41 PM
crazydrago
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexi06
I have the same rattling noise in the back, sounds like it's near the back
window. The noise is very subtle, not enough for me to complain. I was thinking
it could be the rear sunshade. Tested, wasn't that. There are so many things
nice about this car, I don't want to muck with a small thing like that. If it
gets worse then I might consider. Is there such a thing as a 100% perfect car?
Its the sunroof........close the lid and you'll notice a difference
Old 09-19-06, 04:53 PM
FITYSCENTS
Rookie

I had a similiar problem and with the rear speakers rattling even when the stereo was off. Just bring it in and they will take care of it for you.
Old 09-19-06, 07:38 PM
jjohur
Driver School Candidate

Default sounds all over

I've had a lot of sounds (too many for a crappy car) which I shouldn't have in a Lexus at all. The fit-and-finish is the worst I've seen a car in a long time. Rattles/squeeks coming from the dashboard and center console. My doors rattle and make annoying sounds. I've also got sounds coming from the back of the car just like it was described previously. You'd think I was driving a Ford with these kinds of sounds. I'm extremely disappointed in that aspect of the car. Everything else otherwise is great. It's just the ^&%$&%@$@ sounds that are killing me.

It's also a pain in the *** to get these items looked at. The streets by the dealer are very good so you don't hear much... I hate having to bring the car in for this stuff. A Lexus should just not have these problems AT ALL.
Old 09-19-06, 07:54 PM
al503
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jjohur
I've had a lot of sounds (too many for a crappy car) which I shouldn't have in a Lexus at all. The fit-and-finish is the worst I've seen a car in a long time. Rattles/squeeks coming from the dashboard and center console. My doors rattle and make annoying sounds. I've also got sounds coming from the back of the car just like it was described previously. You'd think I was driving a Ford with these kinds of sounds. I'm extremely disappointed in that aspect of the car. Everything else otherwise is great. It's just the ^&%$&%@$@ sounds that are killing me.

It's also a pain in the *** to get these items looked at. The streets by the dealer are very good so you don't hear much... I hate having to bring the car in for this stuff. A Lexus should just not have these problems AT ALL.
Sorry to hear about your issues. I've been most pleasantly surprised with the lack of noises in my IS. I have to drive over a dirt/gravel broken road to get to the gun range and I don't hear anything. I have a very slight ticking noise coming from the sunroof when it's tilted and that's about it. A little gummi pflege on the rubber seal should take care of it though.

Coming from my previous cars (2 g35's), I understand how those rattles can drive you sterile. I think I had good karma coming after those rattle traps.

Good luck.
Old 09-19-06, 08:00 PM
PharmISee
Driver

I recieved this PM courtesy of XVTEC. Thank you. Hopefully his problem is the same as ours.

GOOD MORNING,

I THINK I CAN HELP. MY NEW IS MADE A VERY SIMILAR NOISE AFTER BEING PARKED IN THE SUN [SO. FLORIDA IS HOT!].IT TOOK JM LEXUS IN COCONUT CREEK 2 WEEKS TO FIGURE IT OUT AFTER FINALLY CALLING FOR TECH ASSISTANCE, IT WAS THE REAR WINDSHIELD GLASS RUBBING ON PLASTIC SPACERS THAT CENTER THE GLASS DURING INSTALLATION AT THE FACTORY.SINCE THAT DAY I HAVE NEVER HEARD ANOTHER SOUND
Old 09-19-06, 08:45 PM
SKYTECH
Driver School Candidate

The squeaky sound around the sun roof is actually the sun roof weather seal rubbing against the body. Apply a rubber conditioner on the seal and no more squeak for about 2-3mons.(chasis not stiff)
Another creaking noise around the dash and windsheild is the dash rubbing the windsheild. I use black shock. Cut and fold . Wedge between. Works good.
Rattle behind seat is actually inside upper drivers door panel, near b-piller.(seat belt).
If you think the is350 rides jittery, it does.
Wheelbase biggest factor and suspension built for heavier car GS. Try different tires. It will also lessen aglinment pull. Am I Trippin? Peace!
Old 09-19-06, 08:53 PM
PharmISee
Driver

All that seems so complicated. Will lexus fix it for me without me having to do all of that?
Old 09-19-06, 09:12 PM
SKYTECH
Driver School Candidate

Have you ever took your vehicle for repair and end up with a new problem?
Personaly, I fix it myself. Even the first oil change. I decline free car wash from the dealer.
However if it something like the ecu is defective then I have no choice but let Flat rate mechanics touch my car.
If youre under 15k miles dealers get paid to address any noise or adjustments. Just make sure You request only senior techs not a rookie learning.
Old 09-19-06, 09:31 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by SKYTECH
Have you ever took your vehicle for repair and end up with a new problem?
True. All they do for these type of issues, is drive over the roughest roads possible. The problem either fixes itself, or gets worse so they can find it.

Originally Posted by SKYTECH
Just make sure You request only senior techs not a rookie learning.
Goodluck! Do you ask for references as well.
Old 09-20-06, 02:10 AM
Hip_hop77
Pole Position

i had the rattling noise too..
once it was a water bottle in the cupholder..
and the other time it was my seatbelt hitting the side.
Old 09-20-06, 07:58 AM
Stanzilla
Driver School Candidate

My 350 creaks and pops underneath when I back out of the driveway and when I hit bumps. I took it to the dealer and the service rep and I drove over to Infinity and drove it up and down there ramp. There are no bumps around the dealership. We got it to do it only slightly. He said it was the brakes and that all Lexus's do it after about 5k miles. I took it to brake check and they told me that was bs. I'm not sure what it is. Any one else have this problem?
Old 09-20-06, 08:25 AM
vertcobra9
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have this really anoying noise comming from what seems the glove box or right over where the passengers feet would be... its very subtle but i just got the car last thursday and it only has 1000 miles on it... anyone know what it could be?

Quick Reply: Creaking/Squeaking noises!