IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

And so it begins out there "G35 stomps Is350"

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-06, 09:27 AM
kingpcgeek
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nextourer
Maybe ask around for maintenance costs? Insurance?

It's possible that the higher IS' initial cost might be offset by lower premiums on other aspects. We know mpg is one of them.
I did a spreadsheet before deciding on which car to add to my garage, a second G35 or an IS250. This was based on $3000 out of pocket at drive off. I didn't include oil changes and other regular maintenance since they are going to be the same for both cars. Tire estimates came from 17" tires going 25k miles on the G35 and 18" tires going 15k miles on the IS.
Attached Thumbnails And so it begins out there "G35 stomps Is350"-compare.gif  

Last edited by kingpcgeek; 09-20-06 at 09:33 AM.
Old 09-20-06, 09:32 AM
DeadPixel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by reggiek
Overall I'd have ti give the advantage to the G35. That's only because it's a coupe and I'm love coupes. They are way more sexy and have better entry/exit space. If there were an IS coupe, I'd be all over it. Since there isn't, the G gets the nod.
Yeah. I agree. The g35 coupe looks better than the IS, but I don't know if I can say the same about the g35 sedan.
Old 09-20-06, 09:36 AM
kingpcgeek
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DeadPixel
Yeah. I agree. The g35 coupe looks better than the IS, but I don't know if I can say the same about the g35 sedan.
Problem with the G35 coupe is that the interior is exactly the same as the sedan. I wish they would have changed it up a bit. Which is of course what they are doing with the 07 Sedan and 08 Coupe.

Last edited by kingpcgeek; 09-20-06 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-20-06, 10:36 AM
jezza
Driver

Originally Posted by kingpcgeek
Problem with the G35 coupe is that the interior is exactly the same as the sedan. I wish they would have changed it up a bit. Which is of course what they are doing with the 07 Sedan and 08 Coupe.
The 07 sedan interior is quite nice, and HUGE step forward over the last model, which I found ghastly.
Old 09-20-06, 03:13 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ Agreed. The previous interior is just horrible.

Also, I could care less about whether or not comments about how much better the G35 is to the IS350, because simply, well. I'm a Toyota fan for a long time and I really detest Nissan and their history. Quality is my main concern when buying a luxury, and Toyota just does all of that. And of course, the ladies love Lexus more, just like someone said earlier.
Old 09-20-06, 06:20 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jewel
IMO the G35 sedan doesn't look anywhere near as sporty as the IS350... when i was researching, it came down to the G35 coupe vs the IS350, with the is350 winning cause i was over the "coupe" phase of my life :P That and every 5th car seems to be a g35 in socal...

Seriously, i don't mind if more people buy the g35's now cause of that article, cause that just means that my car is that much more unique
No your car won't be unique. Lexus sold about five thousands IS every month in the U.S.. You see IS, TL, 3-series, G35, 5-series, GS everywhere because they are all so hot.
Old 09-20-06, 06:23 PM
TwiBlueG35
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by cspec
^^ Agreed. The previous interior is just horrible.

Also, I could care less about whether or not comments about how much better the G35 is to the IS350, because simply, well. I'm a Toyota fan for a long time and I really detest Nissan and their history. Quality is my main concern when buying a luxury, and Toyota just does all of that. And of course, the ladies love Lexus more, just like someone said earlier.
You are so typical. I don't care this I don't care that.....actually you care. You emphasize on the areas that IS beats G, but simply deny or ignore the areas that G beats IS. Now Toyota fan, go out there and try other cars, there are several brands of cars that are just as good, if not better than Lexus/Toyota vehicles.
Old 09-20-06, 06:32 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TwiBlueG35
You are so typical. I don't care this I don't care that.....actually you care. You emphasize on the areas that IS beats G, but simply deny or ignore the areas that G beats IS. Now Toyota fan, go out there and try other cars, there are several brands of cars that are just as good, if not better than Lexus/Toyota vehicles.
I meant I don't care, as in it doens't phase me whether or not people likes the car or not. I have tried a lot of cars, probably more than you could imagine. I've owned a G35 Coupe actually, and an R33 GTR in Hong Kong. And maybe I am biased because well, the quality has been better in my friends Supra, and my IS350 than the G Coupe and the GTR. Does that suffice to you that in my opinion on Toyota? Or are you just like those other G owners that wants to prove that their car is better because it's cheaper and more "bang" for the buck?
Old 09-20-06, 06:52 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Default Sexy little beast!!!!

07 G35 for sure has better handling but the is350 has a beautiful interior, and exterior period. I got what i payed for, for sure.

My exterior.
Attached Thumbnails And so it begins out there "G35 stomps Is350"-p6180978re.jpg  
Old 09-20-06, 07:41 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by STIG
whatever. laides love my car. LOL
same here.
Old 09-20-06, 09:04 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please don't be a child and start trying to flame people here. We see you have a G and,OK, it's a nice car. We, however, chose to buy a Lexus and we're happy and we're glad your enjoying your car.....just move on.
Old 09-20-06, 09:43 PM
josephdoc
Lexus Champion

First, if G35/350Z is made by Toyota, I will get one. This is the point of view from me as a die-hard Toyota fan.

Second, talking about C&D.. Too many times I hear people saying C&D, PCMag, GolfMag... all those mag editor reviews involve with a lot of money paying by manufacturers and supporting group. Believe it or not.

Third, as far as I see from my buddies' complain on their G&Z, they are so tired of Nissan’s interior noise and bulky interior design. They want my Toyota, but I love the retro clock and 3D Navi (looks good but makes me dizzy).

Last, please refer to the first. I think Toyota always makes better cars, and that is why it cost more!

My opinion only!
Old 09-20-06, 09:47 PM
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Why would anyone, regardless of what they're driving, be so worried about potential inferiority as to obsess about it on a message board? They're both nice cars, ok? It's great that they both exist, so that they can push each other to be better. There's nothing wrong with anyone for choosing one over the other. If the G has some features that excel, that gives Lexus a benchmark to aim for with the next iteration of the IS350.
Old 09-20-06, 09:48 PM
k_dizzle
Pole Position

Its weird. i always seem to get this jealousy attitude from g35 owners. even on the streets when i'm driving my is350. i dont even pay them no mine but they try so hard to get my attention...all i hear about is how GREAT the 07 g35 is because its as fast as the is350 blah blah blah....ok if its so darn great.. you go buy one..and you enjoy it...no hate here...let us enjoy our lexus..lol

and i dont understand why your in the 2gen IS forum trying to prove to is ownders that your car is better..LOL
Old 09-20-06, 09:57 PM
BottomsUp
Lead Lap

I just bought my IS250 on saturday after driving and considering the G35 Coupe and TL. I was excited about the TL, but after driving it...meh..to much like my accord.

The G35 was fast and fun. Very sport. Interior was meh..really liked the feel of the bucket seats, but my main motivator was a comfy, lux, plush interior with nice styling. As soon as i drove the IS (Which was my last test drive) i was sold. The Lexus is so sweet!!!

Quick Reply: And so it begins out there "G35 stomps Is350"