IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I almost got in an accident yesterday...3 times...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 04:16 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because it funny that when people get behind the wheel of a car, they do things they wouldn't normally do otherwise as if they were on foot or in a room.

Why on earth would someone want to assault another driver with a hand gesture or try to intimiate them with their car....

The criminal's stray bullet is always the most accurate that freakishly hits it's mark.
Old 09-21-06, 05:28 PM
Ramon
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkeys
How many times a year do you hear about that happening? I have NEVER heard of that actually happening. You can't be scared to drive for fear of getting shot.
You my friend have led a very sheltered life if you've NEVER heard of that happening.
Old 09-21-06, 05:38 PM
socalJD
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jkeys
You can't live your life thinking that everyone on the road has a gun and is going to shoot you. How many times a year do you hear about that happening? I have NEVER heard of that actually happening. You can't be scared to drive for fear of getting shot.
A lil' off topic, but rent the movie 'Crash'. It's not an exact depiction of life in Los Angeles, but you get a slice of real world life in any multiracial big city or metropolis in the U.S. . . .
Old 09-21-06, 07:37 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
I agree, you can't live life looking over your shoulder all the time. But after hearing the news that a father of three was gunned down (died) by some gangbangers because of misunderstanding on the road, that incident is enough for me to change. It may not happen a lot, but that hammer could drop on you at any time. Regardless if it does not happen a lot, it's not worth your life. Especially for fathers like myself, I will not gamble my life because of some stupid road rage. Too many people depend on me.
Many pistols do not have hammers anymore, such as Glocks.
Old 09-21-06, 08:46 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IRCRomeo
Many pistols do not have hammers anymore, such as Glocks.
so it has a striker which is sorta the same purpose.
Old 09-22-06, 08:03 AM
Jkeys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Ramon
You my friend have led a very sheltered life if you've NEVER heard of that happening.
Obviously I have heard of drive-by shootings and road rage that ends up in accidents, but I have never heard of someone just driving down the road getting shot becuase they wouldn't move out of someones way. Rocks dropped from bridges, the sniper stuff here in Ohio a few years back, but not vigilante Grand Theft Auto stuff. It just doesn't happen here. I don't watch much news because IMO it is mostly biased BS completely exaggerated and sometimes partially fabricated and it's sole purpose is to get ratings for the TV stations. I mean there are 11 o'clock news teasers that say "Why eating too many eggs can cause cancer. Tune it at 11 to find out what to look for!" Sure eggs can cause cancer. So can the sun, water, and our polluted air. You could probably link cancer to sex somehow. Let's scare the s#@t out of everyone shall we? I live in a state that has a relatively small amout of crime/homicide/etc.(Which incidently is part of the reason I live here) so no, that type of thing doesn't happen here.

I have seen the movie Crash and it was a good movie, but a fictional movie none the less. I currently live in a multiracial city (Columbus - 15th largest in the country 2005) and used to live in Cleveland, Atlanta, and Durham, NC. All VERY racially diverse. I do know what it is like to have racial problems/tensions in a city, however, I have not heard of people being killed on the highway because of race or any other reason besides stupidity and drunk driving. Guess that is just how we roll here in the boring old midwest. But if you really have to deal with this on a daily basis and worry about being shot as you drive to work to support your family, then I am really glad I live where I live.

Now that I have said all of that, I agree that it is stupid to put yourself in more danger than necessary and while driving you should get away from anyone that looks unsafe. No one wants there to be damage to any one of our beautiful cars. Sorry this was so long, drive safe and buckle up!