IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

I almost got in an accident yesterday...3 times...

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-06, 03:28 AM
james6290
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default I almost got in an accident yesterday...3 times...

with the same person! Ok, So I was driving on a two lane road when this mentally challenged man in a black altima thought it would be fun to try and go extremely fast in the merge lane next to me. Well, no cookies for him because there was no more room when he got there, and so in his next move got behind me and nearly clipped my bumper. Then later down the road, he got in front of me and turned into the turn lane for a get-off, but changed his mind and got back over onto the road nearly colliding with I gave him a few (12) friendly honks because he still didnt seem to notice me. Then about a 100 feet down the road, I am behind him and he starts swerving and I get into a turn lane and he swerves into my lane and nearly hits me again. So after giving him a thumbs up () I finally turned away from him. Why do people have to suck so bad?
Old 09-21-06, 05:31 AM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

...and of course it would be all his fault if he crashed into your car I mean from a legal standpoint, so that makes you feel better about the accident and your crashed car?

If you knew this person was such a poor driver, sounds to me like you would practice a little bit of defensive driving and remove your vehicle as far away from him as you can instead of remaining in and around and nearby a lunatic driver. because if you two crash, you're just as much to blame yourself in your own mind for not doing whatever you can to avoid it. him being totally at fault won't help you feel better.

after all when we see gravel falling from a dump truck while driving down the freeway, do we almost get hit with gravel three separate times? do the same.
Old 09-21-06, 06:09 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

What if the driver had a gun and shot you... Then, who is the winner?
Old 09-21-06, 07:29 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by james6290
So after giving him a thumbs up () I finally turned away from him. Why do people have to suck so bad?
It's good you turned away from him. I used to get serious road rage when some retarted driver compromise my safety. Even worse, some don't know they did something wrong/illegal. I've learned it's not worth playing chicken with him and exchanging gestures (the bird). To this day, my blood still boils when "Jeff Gordon wanna be" cuts me off on purpose to be at work 5 seconds earlier. But I learned to just ignore it and keep my distance.
Old 09-21-06, 07:33 AM
Jkeys
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tammy
You can't live your life thinking that everyone on the road has a gun and is going to shoot you. How many times a year do you hear about that happening? I have NEVER heard of that actually happening. You can't be scared to drive for fear of getting shot.
Old 09-21-06, 07:39 AM
ULTiMaX99
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Jkeys
You can't live your life thinking that everyone on the road has a gun and is going to shoot you. How many times a year do you hear about that happening? I have NEVER heard of that actually happening. You can't be scared to drive for fear of getting shot.
that actually happens quite often in la...
Old 09-21-06, 07:50 AM
Flipsonic
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jkeys
I agree, you can't live life looking over your shoulder all the time. But after hearing the news that a father of three was gunned down (died) by some gangbangers because of misunderstanding on the road, that incident is enough for me to change. It may not happen a lot, but that hammer could drop on you at any time. Regardless if it does not happen a lot, it's not worth your life. Especially for fathers like myself, I will not gamble my life because of some stupid road rage. Too many people depend on me.
Old 09-21-06, 08:40 AM
Jkeys
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Flipsonic
I agree, you can't live life looking over your shoulder all the time. But after hearing the news that a father of three was gunned down (died) by some gangbangers because of misunderstanding on the road, that incident is enough for me to change. It may not happen a lot, but that hammer could drop on you at any time. Regardless if it does not happen a lot, it's not worth your life. Especially for fathers like myself, I will not gamble my life because of some stupid road rage. Too many people depend on me.
Fair enough. Obviously things here in Cowville Ohio are a bit different. News here usually relates to people getting DUI's while riding their tractors home from the farm next door. Sorry Tammy, I understand now what you were trying to say.
Old 09-21-06, 08:41 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

Assuming you had both come to a stop of course. If someone gets out their car and approaches mine, my window comes down before they arrive. When they reach 3 feet of my window, they get a face full of pepper spray. If they still attempt to assault me they will be shot by my gun. No worries here for me.
Old 09-21-06, 08:46 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 352 Likes on 206 Posts

What if I had a bazooka?
Old 09-21-06, 09:04 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Everyone wins!
Old 09-21-06, 09:48 AM
Tammy
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Seriously,

One rarely stops when shooting at another auto.

They pull along side your vehicle at any speed and open up on the occupants; then drive away. Interstate highways or city streets, the common danger exists.

Incidents are commonly not reported to police unless there is personal injury; it happens so fast.

Point is, you never know what rages in the mind of a "jackass" on the road.

Take a second and ask yourself ... Why submit yourself to the risk ?

The gain is minimal... the Loss can be extreme and effect many lives.
Old 09-21-06, 10:06 AM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ULTiMaX99
that actually happens quite often in la...
I know where you are coming from...
Old 09-21-06, 03:57 PM
james6290
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ricky.agrawal
What if I had a bazooka?
How did my thread turn in to this?!
Old 09-21-06, 04:02 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by james6290
How did my thread turn in to this?!

Quick Reply: I almost got in an accident yesterday...3 times...