Got a new IS350!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06 | 06:48 AM
Lenscap
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Technique
Isn't gas always free in a loaner???

There are several Lexus dealers in my area and all of them have you return the car with the same level of gas that it went out with. This makes sense and I have no problem with it. I feel fortunate Lexus is providing me with a loaner car, and if I had my own car I would have been paying for the gas anyway. I certainly don't expect the dealer to pay for my gas.
Old 09-26-06 | 07:41 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Lenscap
There are several Lexus dealers in my area and all of them have you return the car with the same level of gas that it went out with. This makes sense and I have no problem with it. I feel fortunate Lexus is providing me with a loaner car, and if I had my own car I would have been paying for the gas anyway. I certainly don't expect the dealer to pay for my gas.
I've never paid for gas on a loaner, and I never will...
Old 09-26-06 | 08:33 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

I've never paid for gas on a loaner, and I never will...
That's kind of a snobby stance to take. They're providing one heck of a nice benefit in letting you use their car. The least you can do is reciprocate, and pay for the gas you use.
Old 09-26-06 | 10:01 AM
ocdavid
Rookie

Congratulations. You will quickly find out how much fun your car is and will understand why we can't stop talking about them!
Old 09-26-06 | 03:08 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Isn't gas always free in a loaner???
I have never received a loaner from a dealership and gotten free gas. Most of the time, as another member stated, they have you return the car with the same amount of gas you received the car with. Nonetheless, this is my first Lexus, and thus far, I have thoroughly enjoyed the way I have been treated.
Old 09-26-06 | 03:14 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
Bought my IS350 at Chandler Lexus as well. They pushed the window tint on me in finance but like all dealers I thought they were high. $299/599 for nano-tint (whatever that is). Found a bunch of other places that will tint but they seem wishy-washy when I ask if they've ever done a 2IS. It may be worth it for the no-hassle guarantee from the dealer though.

Technique, some dealers charge for loaners to cover gas costs (Scottsdale Lexus charges $5/day). When we used to take our RX there for service -we drove the **** out the loaner to recoup our fiver. Chandler is part of United Auto Group like Scottsdale so they may normally charge too.
You are correct about the tint. I actually made them give me the tint with the deal on the car. I got the $299 tint. It looks great. The Nano-tint they explained to me that it keeps heat out and some other things. I didn't feel it was worth trying to negotiate over, a good tint is a good tint. I would definitely say look into it. I'll show you mine if you want to meet up sometime.
Old 09-26-06 | 03:16 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by awol707
What TINT did you get? I am curious ~
I got AZ legal on the front and limo around the back. $299 and lifetime warranty. I'll admit I did NOT shop around, however with some things I just feel better having the dealer do it.
Old 09-26-06 | 03:20 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Thank you all for the nice responses. I definitely can't wait to be able to get on it now and then. I hooked up my ipod in it today using the audio in and it sounds great. I can't stop driving! =)
Old 09-26-06 | 07:11 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
You are correct about the tint. I actually made them give me the tint with the deal on the car. I got the $299 tint. It looks great. The Nano-tint they explained to me that it keeps heat out and some other things. I didn't feel it was worth trying to negotiate over, a good tint is a good tint. I would definitely say look into it. I'll show you mine if you want to meet up sometime.
At least you got something out of them. I got a keychain that looked like it was used and a promise for touch-up paint for my wife's RX that they never delivered on. I did buy the clear bra from them. It has a few wrinkles in it but nothing major. When it starts peeling I'll take it back and have it redone. I would like to see the X-pkg up close. Too bad there doesn't seem to be a regular gathering of IS folks in AZ from this forum.
Old 09-26-06 | 07:34 PM
Julez
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-27-06 | 01:08 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Julez
Pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Here are some HORRIBLE night pics.. my roommate's digital camera does NOT take the best pics, especially at night. I will hopefully provide you with some better ones tomorrow during the day before I go to work.

Yes, that is an iPOD Nano I have hooked up. And you HAVE to love that blue lighted Lexus scuff plate.

Not the best wheel shot.. Hopefully in the day you will be able to see the front lip spoiler better.

I promise either Wednesday or Thursday I will get some good day shots up.. These night shots do NOT do this car justice. I apologize they are so dark. And NO, none of the wierd spots in the pics are chips or scratches.. I would cry.
Old 09-27-06 | 03:19 AM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

I would have bought my car at Chandler... but it was all bad
Old 09-27-06 | 03:34 AM
Koz

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Those wheels are sweet!

Koz
Old 09-27-06 | 05:18 AM
Irishfan
Driver

Food for thought:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Not saying that this is the right way to do it, but it's something you should at least be aware of during the break-in period...

Nice looking car!
Old 09-27-06 | 06:39 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Irishfan
Food for thought:

http://www.mototuneusa.com/break_in_secrets.htm

Not saying that this is the right way to do it, but it's something you should at least be aware of during the break-in period...

Nice looking car!
Good article... It's about bikes though, but it really doesn't make much of a difference I guess....

If that article is true, that would explain why the cars I've bought new have been faster than most. I always thought I just got the "cherry out of the bunch" but maybe it's cause I floor it to redline when leaving the dealership and do 0-60 runs the day I buy it I will do the same with my IS350!!

Quick Reply: Got a new IS350!