IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got a new IS350!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 07:20 AM
bgarre
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats on the new car! I haven't dealt with Lexus of Chandler yet but I believe they are owned by the same group as Scottsdale Lexus (where I bought mine last October). I've had my service done at Superstition with no complaints. I also had them do tint "AZ legal" for $365. I know it's a little steep but they did an excellent job and I had the car in to change the wheels to the G-Spiders at the same time.
Old 09-27-06, 09:54 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bgarre
Congrats on the new car! I haven't dealt with Lexus of Chandler yet but I believe they are owned by the same group as Scottsdale Lexus (where I bought mine last October). I've had my service done at Superstition with no complaints. I also had them do tint "AZ legal" for $365. I know it's a little steep but they did an excellent job and I had the car in to change the wheels to the G-Spiders at the same time.
Superstition quoted me $389 for tint/$789 for the nano-tint, both much higher than anyone else. I've been quoted as low as $180 elsewhere but I'm willing to pay a little extra for someone who knows what they're doing with this car. Just not what the dealer charges.
Old 09-27-06, 10:08 AM
is350matic
Pole Position

I bought my 2006 IS350 at superstition spring lexus and got the nano tint for $200+tax. I ended up buying the g-spyder wheels online since the dealer was asking $2000 and would not come down in price. I ended up selling my 18" OEM wheels for $425, and overall (with mounting) I ended up paying about $125 per wheel for the GS spyder wheels.
Old 09-27-06, 10:13 AM
is350matic
Pole Position

Just to let you guys know, I know a guy in the east valley that will do the 3M clearbra for a reasonable price. He did both my vette and IS350. He is 3M certified. He did my vette for $475, it covers the fenders, hood, upper and lower bumper, head lights, fog lights, and side view mirrors. He did my IS350 for $450, it covers the fenders, hood, upper and lower bumper, head lights, fog lights, and side view mirrors. If you are intereseted give me a pm and I will give his info.
Old 09-28-06, 03:40 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Here are some decent day pics.. The first side view pic doesn't look right to me, just doesn't look like the car. Oh well.. Here ya go =)

What do you all think??
Old 09-28-06, 04:03 PM
2SwiFt29
Lexus Test Driver

not too shabby.. i still can't feel the 07 rims yet but nonetheless, it looks nice
Old 09-28-06, 04:07 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
not too shabby.. i still can't feel the 07 rims yet but nonetheless, it looks nice
Haha, no worries! One of the reasons for options is because not everyone likes the same thing. Thanks for the compliment though! I am looking into getting some iForged or HREs anyways. =)
Old 09-28-06, 08:52 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by 2SwiFt29
i like the 07 rims! better than the 06 rims! is that 18" wheels?
Old 09-29-06, 07:38 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by islandsnow
i like the 07 rims! better than the 06 rims! is that 18" wheels?
Yup, they are the 18" X-Package wheels. I really like them too. I am definitely still going to shop around though and see if I can find a pair of iForged or HREs in 19". I think 19s will look REALLY good on the car.
Old 09-29-06, 07:59 AM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice!!
Old 09-29-06, 07:32 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shinedown
Very nice!!
Thanks Shine!
Old 09-29-06, 10:07 PM
doesun
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ff_
That's kind of a snobby stance to take. They're providing one heck of a nice benefit in letting you use their car. The least you can do is reciprocate, and pay for the gas you use.
trust me, even though you think its free, it's tacted on to their overhead cost when you service your car
Old 09-30-06, 12:24 AM
Scooter24
Rookie

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
Bought my IS350 at Chandler Lexus as well. They pushed the window tint on me in finance but like all dealers I thought they were high. $299/599 for nano-tint (whatever that is). Found a bunch of other places that will tint but they seem wishy-washy when I ask if they've ever done a 2IS. It may be worth it for the no-hassle guarantee from the dealer though.

Technique, some dealers charge for loaners to cover gas costs (Scottsdale Lexus charges $5/day). When we used to take our RX there for service -we drove the **** out the loaner to recoup our fiver. Chandler is part of United Auto Group like Scottsdale so they may normally charge too.
---------
Good to see some more AZ people here. I bought my 2006 blk/blk IS350 premium with Nav at Scottsdale Lexus last December.

Scottsdale Lexus has always said they would charge me 5bucks for gas but they never have and I have had a loaner 3 times. go figure. Thus far I have been very happy with their service.
Old 09-30-06, 12:33 AM
Scooter24
Rookie

Originally Posted by CeoStatus0
I would have bought my car at Chandler... but it was all bad
I hear ya - they had just opened the dealership when I bought my car. I stopped by just before I put my down payment at Scottsdale and the salesperson came across very snobby. Scottsdale gave me a better deal and I felt like I was treated better there.

Things look like they might have changed which is good.
Old 09-30-06, 09:40 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Scooter24
I hear ya - they had just opened the dealership when I bought my car. I stopped by just before I put my down payment at Scottsdale and the salesperson came across very snobby. Scottsdale gave me a better deal and I felt like I was treated better there.

Things look like they might have changed which is good.
Funny thing is I got the same snobby reaction from the internet sales guy at Chandler when I first started dealing with him over the phone. At one point he even implied that maybe a 250 was more in my price range (I paid cash for my 350). But once I came in and he saw I was a serious buyer -he changed his attitude. Other than the usual pressure in finance to buy add-ons, they treated me well overall. The Scottdale internet guy quoted me exactly $1k over Chandler so it guess it really depends a lot on who & when you talk to the dealer.

Quick Reply: Got a new IS350!