IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Got a new IS350!

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 09:48 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

JB, although I can't get real excited about the starfish wheels -I gotta admit they look good on your black IS.

Anybody else think they might look better chromed? I know a place in Tempe that will do a chrome exchange but not sure if they have these wheels yet. They do all of the chromed wheels for all of the local Lexus dealers. You can buy direct from them without the stealership markup.
Old 09-30-06, 10:18 AM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
JB, although I can't get real excited about the starfish wheels -I gotta admit they look good on your black IS.

Anybody else think they might look better chromed? I know a place in Tempe that will do a chrome exchange but not sure if they have these wheels yet. They do all of the chromed wheels for all of the local Lexus dealers. You can buy direct from them without the stealership markup.
Thanks man! I know the wheels are more of an acquired taste (They look better in person, I promise).. I have thought about the chrome option, and will agree they probably would look better chrome. However, unless the price of the chrome is not too much, I think I will hold out for my iForged or HREs.

By the way, does this place POLISH the wheel or are the wheels true chrome?
Old 09-30-06, 11:06 AM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
Thanks man! I know the wheels are more of an acquired taste (They look better in person, I promise).. I have thought about the chrome option, and will agree they probably would look better chrome. However, unless the price of the chrome is not too much, I think I will hold out for my iForged or HREs.

By the way, does this place POLISH the wheel or are the wheels true chrome?
Don't remember exactly what the process was, but they strip the silver paint, acid dip the wheel to clean it, electroless nickel plate for durability and then chrome. I believe it had a lifetime warranty against chipping, flaking, and degradation on the chrome. Basically, they offer the same warranty that the stealership does. The price they quoted me was $600 for exchange (they take your old wheels and give you a new set of chromes, don't actually chrome the ones that came with your car). I almost went for it on my stock wheels but decided that chrome would look too pimped out on my light colored GFM. Chrome looks better on darker colors in my opinion.

Anyway, the company was Luxury Wheel Co. in Tempe. They had late model OEM Lexus wheels of all kinds stacked to the ceiling when I was there looking.
Old 09-30-06, 07:55 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
Don't remember exactly what the process was, but they strip the silver paint, acid dip the wheel to clean it, electroless nickel plate for durability and then chrome. I believe it had a lifetime warranty against chipping, flaking, and degradation on the chrome. Basically, they offer the same warranty that the stealership does. The price they quoted me was $600 for exchange (they take your old wheels and give you a new set of chromes, don't actually chrome the ones that came with your car). I almost went for it on my stock wheels but decided that chrome would look too pimped out on my light colored GFM. Chrome looks better on darker colors in my opinion.

Anyway, the company was Luxury Wheel Co. in Tempe. They had late model OEM Lexus wheels of all kinds stacked to the ceiling when I was there looking.
Thanks for the information. I'll check them out and look into it. I still want to see if I can find some iForged or HRE 19s though. =)

By the way, what are your thoughts on an AZ Mini-Meet and maybe a drive up to Sedona for lunch or something and then a drive back? I thought it might be nice to have all the AZ Lexus owners who are interested to meet up and chat around once in a while since we do it on here all the time anyways.