Got a new IS350!

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-06, 05:48 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got a new IS350!

Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought an 07 black/black IS350X (X-Package) w/ nav. I got the tint done on it today and the car is AMAZING. Got it with 4 miles on the car, and I still am breaking it in. Haven't taken over 4K RPM yet. I can't stop going out just to look at it. I will be taking some pictures today and I'll try to get them up ASAP. I got the car for a steal too paying only 1500 over invoice.

I am curious to know who all out there has already put mods on their IS. I saw a guy here in Scottsdale who had intake and exhaust and he said he paid 1500 for it installed. It sounded great and he said you could really feel the extra power. Anyone else out there done any mods yet? If so, what? And how do you like it? Well I look forward to learning more about the car from those who have had one for a while and sharing stories. =)

-Josh

PS: Anyone have a connection on getting the Lexus car cover for it?
Old 09-25-06, 05:55 PM
Shinedown
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WELCOME!! and congrats on your new car.
Can"t wait to see some pics!
Old 09-25-06, 05:59 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

Originally Posted by Shinedown
WELCOME!! and congrats on your new car.
Can"t wait to see some pics!
Thanks Shine! I'm working on those pics now.. if not tonight, they will definitely be up tomorrow =)
Old 09-25-06, 06:53 PM
isgrrl
Driver

Hey! Another Arizonan. Welcome
Old 09-25-06, 06:55 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Congrats on the new ride. Where did you get your tint done? I've been looking for a good tinter in AZ that has done the 2IS before.
Old 09-25-06, 06:58 PM
isgrrl
Driver

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
Congrats on the new ride. Where did you get your tint done? I've been looking for a good tinter in AZ that has done the 2IS before.
The AZ Lexus dealer I got my car from did it for me. I think it looks pretty good, considering it took forever.
Old 09-25-06, 07:02 PM
CeoStatus0
Pole Position

Originally Posted by isgrrl
The AZ Lexus dealer I got my car from did it for me. I think it looks pretty good, considering it took forever.
which dealer? i'm taking my car back for the 3rd time to redo my tints
Old 09-25-06, 07:16 PM
AZ JB
Advanced

I got my tint done at Lexus of Chandler. Gentleman by the name of Tom Oliver handled it. They got it done for me in 3 hours. They also gave me a loaner car for free and free gas during that time. The tint has a lifetime guaruntee on it, so if it ever bubbles or peels or anything, they will fix it for free. I was treated great and thus far the tint looks spectacular. I'll try to get some night pics tonight, and definitely some day pics tomorrow. I'll get them up as soon as possible.

-JB
Old 09-25-06, 07:23 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
I got my tint done at Lexus of Chandler. Gentleman by the name of Tom Oliver handled it. They got it done for me in 3 hours. They also gave me a loaner car for free and free gas during that time. The tint has a lifetime guaruntee on it, so if it ever bubbles or peels or anything, they will fix it for free. I was treated great and thus far the tint looks spectacular. I'll try to get some night pics tonight, and definitely some day pics tomorrow. I'll get them up as soon as possible.

-JB
Isn't gas always free in a loaner???
Old 09-25-06, 07:45 PM
AZ IS350
Pole Position

Bought my IS350 at Chandler Lexus as well. They pushed the window tint on me in finance but like all dealers I thought they were high. $299/599 for nano-tint (whatever that is). Found a bunch of other places that will tint but they seem wishy-washy when I ask if they've ever done a 2IS. It may be worth it for the no-hassle guarantee from the dealer though.

Technique, some dealers charge for loaners to cover gas costs (Scottsdale Lexus charges $5/day). When we used to take our RX there for service -we drove the **** out the loaner to recoup our fiver. Chandler is part of United Auto Group like Scottsdale so they may normally charge too.
Old 09-25-06, 07:48 PM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by AZ IS350
Technique, some dealers charge for loaners to cover gas costs (Scottsdale Lexus charges $5/day). When we used to take our RX there for service -we drove the **** out the loaner to recoup our fiver. Chandler is part of United Auto Group like Scottsdale so they may normally charge too.
Man, I'd spend another few dollars and buy a hose and siphon all the gas out
Old 09-25-06, 07:52 PM
jman-is350
Lead Lap

Congrats on your new SLED. You got a great deal on your car...
Old 09-25-06, 08:00 PM
awol707
Driver

Originally Posted by JB IS350X
Hey all,

Just wanted to introduce myself. I just bought an 07 black/black IS350X (X-Package) w/ nav. I got the tint done on it today and the car is AMAZING. Got it with 4 miles on the car, and I still am breaking it in. Haven't taken over 4K RPM yet. I can't stop going out just to look at it. I will be taking some pictures today and I'll try to get them up ASAP. I got the car for a steal too paying only 1500 over invoice.

I am curious to know who all out there has already put mods on their IS. I saw a guy here in Scottsdale who had intake and exhaust and he said he paid 1500 for it installed. It sounded great and he said you could really feel the extra power. Anyone else out there done any mods yet? If so, what? And how do you like it? Well I look forward to learning more about the car from those who have had one for a while and sharing stories. =)

-Josh

PS: Anyone have a connection on getting the Lexus car cover for it?
What TINT did you get? I am curious ~
Old 09-25-06, 08:26 PM
Lexy GS430
Lexus Test Driver

Enjoy it's a beast after you break it in, even though it is not necessary.
Old 09-26-06, 01:39 AM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Congrats You won't regret this car.

Quick Reply: Got a new IS350!