IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

XenonDepot!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-06, 07:50 PM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default XenonDepot!!!**Now w/ Pics**

i just wanted to let everyone know that Xenondepot is a top-notch company when it comes to HID. i ordered a kit from them a few months ago and i had been undergoing several issues from when i received the kit. the bulbs that came originally with the kit had a beam pattern issue. so i sent them back to XD and they sent out a new pair of bulbs. unfortunately, i had the same problem with the second set of bulbs. so i re-sent them out and i received a third set of bulbs. this time after installing them, the beam pattern was perfect. im pleased with the way steve and the guys from XD handled my situation. this shows that not only this company produces great products, but their customer service is top notch. thanks XenonDepot!

Here are some pics as promised:

Now here is a pic of when I had the faulty bulb(s). Notice that the drivers side bulb aims down instead of straight ahead like the passenger side:

Last edited by BlitzIS350; 09-28-06 at 07:40 PM. Reason: updated pics
Old 09-26-06, 07:57 PM
your momma
Driver School Candidate

dude, you had to send your stuff back twice...how can you say its a "top-notch" company? In most peoples mind, this means getting it right on the first try.
Old 09-26-06, 08:10 PM
Abear
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by your momma
dude, you had to send your stuff back twice...how can you say its a "top-notch" company? In most peoples mind, this means getting it right on the first try.
Just because something they sell didnt work right, doesnt mean the company isnt top-notch. To me, its more about customer service. I mean, I love it when the product is perfect and I dont have to send anything back, but sometimes theres just a defective product. Seeing a internet company that handles problems like this..like this, makes me proud I bought my HID kit from them.

Edit* Wheres the pics?
Old 09-26-06, 08:19 PM
MrMark
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by your momma
Unless you manufacture the products you sell, there's always a chance the products you resell may have a bad piece in the batch. If Xenon Depot did not take care of the problem, then I would not call them top notch. But since they did, I give them a thumbs up....
Old 09-26-06, 08:38 PM
omgitsroy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Quality Control and Customer Service are two different things...

he meant top notch in customer service
Old 09-27-06, 12:11 AM
duckduck
Pole Position

I'm waiting for XenonDepot to do a GB again. I missed it the first time
Old 09-27-06, 05:41 AM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

yes what i meant to say was that their customer service is top notch. i got a little carried away last night typing it up... lol steve did mention about the possibility of my bulbs being in a bad batch. but all in all, everything was resolved and im satisfied. as far as pics, ill take some later tonight and post up.
Old 09-27-06, 06:12 AM
jasoncd
Pole Position

Originally Posted by duckduck
I'm waiting for XenonDepot to do a GB again. I missed it the first time
AFAIK, the GB was extended indefinitely. Look for one XD's recent posts, it should have the code on it.
Old 09-27-06, 08:44 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Glad to hear you're satisfied!

My apologies for the hassle.

Steve
Old 09-27-06, 04:31 PM
SugarRush
Pit Crew

STEVE from XD is top notch. That is for sure.
He helped me solved the install of my XD kit when it did not come with the grommet.
Old 09-27-06, 08:23 PM
shrka
Pole Position

Default beam pattern

Originally Posted by BlitzIS350
i just wanted to let everyone know that Xenondepot is a top-notch company when it comes to HID. i ordered a kit from them a few months ago and i had been undergoing several issues from when i received the kit. the bulbs that came originally with the kit had a beam pattern issue. so i sent them back to XD and they sent out a new pair of bulbs. unfortunately, i had the same problem with the second set of bulbs. so i re-sent them out and i received a third set of bulbs. this time after installing them, the beam pattern was perfect. im pleased with the way steve and the guys from XD handled my situation. this shows that not only this company produces great products, but their customer service is top notch. thanks XenonDepot!

did you find out what caused the problem with the beam pattern?
I had a similar problem with my previous set up and returned it.
I am hesitant to buy another and try again.

do you have pix ? I am interested to see the beam pattern (w/o the fogs on).
Old 09-28-06, 06:48 AM
XenonDepot
Former Sponsor

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

We did have a problem with one batch of bulbs of the Xterme kit. This problem has since been rectified. Unfortuantely one kit got shipped out before the problem was discovered.
Old 09-28-06, 08:25 AM
BlitzIS350
Pole Position

the beam pattern was not focused in a straight direction. on side the beam would point left and down. luckily i had an extra set of HID bulbs from a previous kit which works with XD's kits. while the bulbs were being sent back...i was still able to use the extra set of bulbs. ill will try to get some pictures later tonight....and post up.

btw Steve, were the last set of bulbs you sent me 6500k? just wondering b/c i love the color output on these bulbs.
Old 09-28-06, 01:59 PM
duckduck
Pole Position

Originally Posted by jasoncd
AFAIK, the GB was extended indefinitely. Look for one XD's recent posts, it should have the code on it.
It's extended? Didn't know that. I'll go search for the thread. Thanks. Guess I'll be picking one up sometime next week.
Old 09-28-06, 06:22 PM
shrka
Pole Position

Originally Posted by BlitzIS350
the beam pattern was not focused in a straight direction. on side the beam would point left and down. luckily i had an extra set of HID bulbs from a previous kit which works with XD's kits. while the bulbs were being sent back...i was still able to use the extra set of bulbs. ill will try to get some pictures later tonight....and post up.

btw Steve, were the last set of bulbs you sent me 6500k? just wondering b/c i love the color output on these bulbs.
Blitz...thanks for the reply.
It sounds like we had the same problems.
but would like to see the pix to confirm.
really appreciate that you responded. this may help me decide to go the hid route again.

D

Quick Reply: XenonDepot!!!