IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dallas area dealerships are TERRIBLE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 10:20 PM
xclusivx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jamthiede
Got my IS350 at Park Place Grapevine and had a great experience. Not too far from Dallas. The Internet Sales Consultant I worked with was Pat Lafferty. I was in for my 5,000 mile service appointment and he came up to say hello and ask how my wife was doing. Still remembered her name after 6 months.
Chalk another one up for Pat Lafferty. He was very professional and I highly recommend him.

214.729.7351 is his Mobile number.

Last edited by xclusivx; 03-25-13 at 05:11 PM.
Old 09-28-06, 10:36 PM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

I went to Park Place in Grapevine but there service was terrible just like my experince at the Mid-Cities Mercedes dealer. They tried to pull my leg when I went in there a few times to try to work out a deal. I ended up going to Sewell Lexus in Fort Worth and stayed in touch for four months with a very responsive lady named Christine Youngblood. She is by far the best and most aggresive sales women I have ever seen. Also if you leave her a voicemail she will respond within an hour at most. If she doesn't get you what you want I'll buy you the car. I know its a drive but believe me it is well worth the trip. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Moe
Old 09-29-06, 12:01 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for all the help, guys. I'm going to be trying to contact a couple of the people some of you suggested.

I'm still planning on visiting both dealerships this weekend, though. By principle, I shouldn't give them my business, but I know for a fact that at least one of them has a car I'm very interested in, and if they're by chance willing to give me a good deal on it, my principles aren't going to be strong enough to make me say no, hehe.

Originally Posted by Dabigman
So what exactly are you asking of them? Are you asking for a loaded '07 for 38k or something? They will ignore you if you aren't worth the time, who wouldn't?
No. Price was never even brought up yet. I can't give an offer when they won't even tell me what cars they have.
Old 09-29-06, 02:18 PM
cajunboy
Driver

i have very good experience with Swell in DFW. My salesman was Greg and i bought my is350 when i first saw the car. I was going to get me an 5 series but my bro have bought an rx330 and telling me how good lexus was. I gave it a shot and my first time seeing that car i was in love. My salesman and car service is above and beyond all the other dealership. They have sent me 150worth of outback steakhouse giftcard and other gift from lexus. I think if you seriously about getting the car, you should make a stop at the dealership.
Old 09-29-06, 02:34 PM
tdt5648
Driver School Candidate

Call Sewell Dallas and ask for Jeff Hazelwood. He is an excellent sales advisor, very knowledgeable. He has helped my family out with 7 Lexus vehicles through the years, and we got 2 more through Sewell Ft Worth. I have not had any problems with any of the Sewell Lexus dealerships. Sewell (Dallas and Ft Worth) is better than Park Place (Grapevine and Plano), and I have visited all four locations.
Old 09-29-06, 03:20 PM
CWS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MoLexus
I went to Park Place in Grapevine but there service was terrible just like my experince at the Mid-Cities Mercedes dealer. They tried to pull my leg when I went in there a few times to try to work out a deal. I ended up going to Sewell Lexus in Fort Worth and stayed in touch for four months with a very responsive lady named Christine Youngblood. She is by far the best and most aggresive sales women I have ever seen. Also if you leave her a voicemail she will respond within an hour at most. If she doesn't get you what you want I'll buy you the car. I know its a drive but believe me it is well worth the trip. Good luck and let us know what happens.

Moe
Actually, her name is "Christiane". I dealt with her, too. I was very satisfied.
Old 10-01-06, 01:32 AM
MoLexus
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CWS
Actually, her name is "Christiane". I dealt with her, too. I was very satisfied.
Yea she is a very nice lady and she hustles for any car you want. Example: I had to take my car back a few days later after I got the car to replace a chipped windshield and there were no loaner cars, so she goes and comes back with the service managers 2006 LS 430 fully loaded and drove it around for two days. Sweet sweet lady.
Old 10-03-06, 02:17 PM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RocketGuy3
Emphasis on TERRIBLE.

I can't tell you how much these guys have pissed me off, and I haven't even had to deal with them for actual service with a purchased car yet. I'm still just trying to BUY the damn car. They are so unbelievably unresponsive, apathetic, and uninformative it hurts. I tried contacting both the Plano and DFW (Sewell) dealerships via email. I at first got about one response per week if I was lucky before they completely stopped responding. I then tried to call the salesmen and left several messages, and still NO response after weeks.

Maybe the guys I've been trying to contact just suck. If so, someone please let me know who I should try to contact. I'm planning on making one last effort with a visit this weekend, but unless I can talk to someone who can give me some really good news about a car I like, I'm taking my business to Austin. They have been very friendly, helpful, and responsive. My parents live there, so it's a long distance that I'll be travelling a lot anyways.
RocketGuy3 - may I ask you of your name? Please send me a Private Message so that I may direct your concerns to the correct party. At the very least, would you mind too terribly forwarding any information you have so that we may attempt to keep this situation from happening again? I will patiently await your response.

Darrel Diller
Sewell Lexus of Dallas
ddiller@sewell.com
Old 10-03-06, 03:38 PM
JellyBean
Lead Lap

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

I'll belatedly chime in that I had a great buying AND maintenance experiences with Sewell Lexus. There was no hard sell, the salesman correctly answered all my questions, and went out of his way to sell the car. I may not have gotten it at a rock bottom price, but it was good enough for me.

The maintenance experience was even better, and is well documented in CL in a long thread about throttle pedal position sensors. Look it up and see how they went out of their way to fix my GS430.

I was also treated very well by Park Place in Grapevine TWICE when I went fishing around first for a GS430 (which I ended up buying from Sewell because they had my color), and two years later when fishing for an IS250.

It was my experiences with these two dealerships that made me a Lexus buyer for life.

Sorry if I sound like a commercial, but that's my story.

JB
Old 10-03-06, 03:48 PM
Eiso
Driver

Here in Houston. I visited "4-Letter-Direction" Lexus, experience there was quite nice. I think the Internet Manager (no name, go find out yourself) is very kind, not pushy (not pressure you to "MAKE THE DEAL TODAY, RIGHT NOW", very informative, very straight-forward. But since they dont have the color I want, I went to ".925 silver" Lexus, he was very pushy, keep on pressuring me to make the deal, do it today, and stuff...which I dont like very much.

Last edited by Eiso; 10-03-06 at 03:52 PM.