IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Dallas area dealerships are TERRIBLE!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-06, 04:58 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Dallas area dealerships are TERRIBLE!

Emphasis on TERRIBLE.

I can't tell you how much these guys have pissed me off, and I haven't even had to deal with them for actual service with a purchased car yet. I'm still just trying to BUY the damn car. They are so unbelievably unresponsive, apathetic, and uninformative it hurts. I tried contacting both the Plano and DFW (Sewell) dealerships via email. I at first got about one response per week if I was lucky before they completely stopped responding. I then tried to call the salesmen and left several messages, and still NO response after weeks.

Maybe the guys I've been trying to contact just suck. If so, someone please let me know who I should try to contact. I'm planning on making one last effort with a visit this weekend, but unless I can talk to someone who can give me some really good news about a car I like, I'm taking my business to Austin. They have been very friendly, helpful, and responsive. My parents live there, so it's a long distance that I'll be travelling a lot anyways.
Old 09-27-06, 05:09 PM
bulwinkl24
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it aint just dallas. they suck here too. this is why i find it so hard to believe lexus is number one in customer satisfaction. they have to be bribing somebody at jd power.
Old 09-27-06, 05:11 PM
TimboIS
Liquid Bra Champion

Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts

How many weeks you been stringing them along? Maybe they figure they'd cut you loose, since they haven't seen any green yet.
Old 09-27-06, 05:16 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm not sure if you're joking, but they're stringing ME along. It's been several weeks (I think four or five), but I should have been able to get all the answers I wanted within two to three days with decent communication. It would have been in both of our best interests to actually answer my questions. I am pissed that I don't even know which car I'm getting right now. I was hoping to already be driving the car...

If they don't treat customers well when they don't even have their money yet, I can't imagine how they are after I've bought one of their cars.
Old 09-27-06, 05:22 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 31 Likes on 15 Posts

Have you tried calling them? I bought my car from Sewell ENTIRELY over the phone - didn't set foot in the dealership until we had everthing worked out. I still don't have confidence in email for SERIOUS negotiations like car buying... Besides, you should know better than to ask ANY dealership for information on cars they are trying to sell you. This is where doing your homework and researching (especially on forums like this) will help you out tremendously. At least half of everything I've been told from a dealership/salesman has been wrong or a flat out lie.

Javier
Old 09-27-06, 05:27 PM
is4me2
Lead Lap

Cool

Why would you even give them another chance, especially when you say Austin is great to deal with? Buy the car in Austin. You don't have to go there for service if they are too far away. You can then try getting the maintenance at Sewell. You may get a completely different experience with the Sewell maintenance staff than with the sales staff. I know Darrell who does the Sewell parts sales via the internet is great to deal with.

When I bought my car I couldn't get anywhere with the local dealer. Went out of town to buy the car, but go to the local dealer for the maintenance. Completely different atmosphere than sales.

I wouldn't be begging them to take my money if I were you. You gave them a chance already.
Old 09-27-06, 05:40 PM
taejin09
Lead Lap

I bought mine from Sewell of Dallas on Lemon Ave. and they had great service! However, the guy I bought it from moved on to another dealership.
Old 09-27-06, 05:52 PM
lexem
Pole Position

I had the best service in Austin when I ordered my is350. I highly recommend them. Ask for Dean, tell him Edward refered you. They are really laid back and take the time to tell you anything and show you anything they have. I got better service then any other dealer like Acura, Infiniti, etc.
Old 09-27-06, 06:38 PM
IRCRomeo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by bulwinkl24
it aint just dallas. they suck here too. this is why i find it so hard to believe lexus is number one in customer satisfaction. they have to be bribing somebody at jd power.
I agree. It's been five weeks since I started calling dealerships. Only one one of out 14 went out of their way to help me, and in the end, did not want to make a deal.

I've even called Lexus' CS personally and complained about my local dealership. They refused to sell me a 250RWD and told me Lexus will not buld it for me.
Old 09-27-06, 07:21 PM
flam
Driver School Candidate

Try Jeremy at Sewell in Dallas - It took a bit of back and forth -email, phone and visits, but I got a pretty decent deal about three weeks ago on '06 350.
Old 09-28-06, 05:46 AM
SerKevin
Pole Position

You might also want to look into Lexus of Clear Lake in Houston. I purchased my IS 250 there and they were great to work with. it was four weeks from the time I first looked at the car to the time I purchased because I was looking at other cars as well: BMW, Jag, Mercedes, etc.

All in all, they were very respectful and allowed me to take my time and comparison shop.

As others have stated above, you might want to purchase at another dealer but get your service in Dallas.
Old 09-28-06, 06:14 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by SerKevin
You might also want to look into Lexus of Clear Lake in Houston. I purchased my IS 250 there and they were great to work with. it was four weeks from the time I first looked at the car to the time I purchased because I was looking at other cars as well: BMW, Jag, Mercedes, etc.

All in all, they were very respectful and allowed me to take my time and comparison shop.

As others have stated above, you might want to purchase at another dealer but get your service in Dallas.
yea they treated me nice at Clear Lake, thats where I got mine, gave me a killer price on the exact spec I wanted, they had it on the lot. Saved me MSRP and a 4 month wait/pain. 39900 OTD on the spec in my sig
Old 09-28-06, 06:51 AM
Dabigman
Lead Lap

So what exactly are you asking of them? Are you asking for a loaded '07 for 38k or something? They will ignore you if you aren't worth the time, who wouldn't?
Old 09-28-06, 10:42 AM
jamthiede
Driver School Candidate

Got my IS350 at Park Place Grapevine and had a great experience. Not too far from Dallas. The Internet Sales Consultant I worked with was Pat Lafferty. I was in for my 5,000 mile service appointment and he came up to say hello and ask how my wife was doing. Still remembered her name after 6 months.
Old 09-28-06, 02:24 PM
Lennox
Driver School Candidate

Hey RocketGuy3 -

I had the same experience when I was looking to get my new IS250. I started looking back in February of this year...visited Sewell and Park Place in Dallas. I felt that the salesmen were very rude and didn't have the time of day for me. I knew I wanted the IS or the BMW. The BMW dealership was even worse. In the end, I ended up getting the IS250 through a 3rd party leasing company becuase the guy who sold me my previous car (Acura TSX @ Goodson) worked for the company. I stayed in touch with him and when he left Goodson he contacted me to let me know he could help me get whatever car I wanted. In the end, I went with him and couldn't be happier. I think that Sewell's service dept is awesome, but their sales staff sucks. I can give you the name of my contact if you're interested, just let me know.

Quick Reply: Dallas area dealerships are TERRIBLE!