IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Weathertech Cargo/Trunk Liners

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-06, 04:25 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weathertech Cargo/Trunk Liners

i purchased one of these cargo liners by weathertech and after waiting for OVER SIX WEEKS FOR IT, i must say i am rather disappointed. the liner doesn't cover the entire trunk. the portion on the left and right where there's the recessed trays are exposed. weathertech says that they only cover the flat section of the trunk! all the pictures i ever see of this liner covers the entire floor of the trunk!!!! seems like i paid the same price for a fully covered liner, when mine is only 2/3's the trunk! anyone else have this liner? does the 1st gen IS have an all flat trunk? maybe i should buy a 1st gen liner. i don't care if i lose the recessed portion of the trunk.

when i put my golf clubs in the trunk the top and bottom are sticking off the edge of the liner. so any grass or other junk on my bag will not be caught in the liner.

does anyone else have this cargo liner and what are their thoughts? what other cargo/trunk liners are out there?

Last edited by islandsnow; 09-28-06 at 07:35 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 12:27 PM
islandsnow
Driver

i guess no one has trunk liners except me
Old 10-04-06, 12:31 PM
MLEE4984
Lead Lap

I want to get one, how do they fit and how much were they?
Old 10-04-06, 12:39 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by cbbkrayz
I want to get one, how do they fit and how much were they?
well like i said, i was upset that it doesn't cover the entire trunk, more like 3/4 of the trunk. the two sides where its recessed is not covered. so its basically the middle portion of the trunk thats covered. i should take a pic of it.

i believe if you got it directly from weathertech, its $100 plus shipping. i special ordered it from a local auto shop and with shipping i paid around $140. way too much. i paid way less than that for a ES300 trunk liner and that one covered the entire trunk!
Old 10-04-06, 12:53 PM
sarge43
Driver

Did you check their website before ordering or not order directly from the manufacturer? The picture on their website clearly shows that the mat goes down the middle of the trunk and does not extend into the sides by the fenders.
That being said, it seems odd to me that the mat would not extend into these areas unless they are not level with the rest of the trunk floor and would not support objects placed on the ends.
Old 10-04-06, 01:13 PM
islandsnow
Driver

geez, they didn't have those pictures as of 2 weeks ago, and definately didn't have it back in july when i ordered mine. the reason why they probably put it up is because 2 weeks ago i emailed them complaining that all the pictures they show (none for the IS specifically) show that the liner covered the entire trunk.

i don't see whats difficult to make the mold so that it does extend down into these recessed area. of course i don't want it going straight across as you said, it will not support the weight. but they can make the liner so it goes down into the tray area.

try take a look at something like the 2006 GS300. look at the generic picture they have of that. looks like the back of a SUV.

looking at the picture on their website now, had i known that the liner wasn't going to cover the entire trunk, i would have never bought it.

Last edited by islandsnow; 10-04-06 at 07:01 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 06:11 PM
Benji668
Rookie

islandsnow, I TTLy knw wha u talkin about. Cuz I ordered mine like 3 - 4 months ago from weathertech. They didnt hv that pic back then. I was disappted jus like u upon rcvd, but there were nothin else i can use. I tried to find the OEM trunk liner, only place which i saw sellin it was on Taiwan Yahoo shopping. But it wasnt worth the price.
Old 10-04-06, 07:00 PM
islandsnow
Driver

Originally Posted by Benji668
islandsnow, I TTLy knw wha u talkin about. Cuz I ordered mine like 3 - 4 months ago from weathertech. They didnt hv that pic back then. I was disappted jus like u upon rcvd, but there were nothin else i can use. I tried to find the OEM trunk liner, only place which i saw sellin it was on Taiwan Yahoo shopping. But it wasnt worth the price.
ok good, i'm glad i'm not the only one that felt this way. and yes, i have nothing else i can use too so i'm stuck with 3/4 of a trunk liner. back then all they had was some generic picture of a SUV liner on the IS page. to me, thats false advertising. all i could go on was that picture, and my experience with my ES300 weathertech liner.
Old 10-04-06, 07:31 PM
Benji668
Rookie

hopefully some place in US will sell OEM liners soon.
Old 10-04-06, 08:07 PM
islandsnow
Driver

for those that don't know what we're talking about, here's a pic of the liner. this is directly from the weathertech site.

from www.weathertech.com

Last edited by islandsnow; 10-04-06 at 08:10 PM.
Old 10-04-06, 08:59 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by islandsnow
for those that don't know what we're talking about, here's a pic of the liner. this is directly from the weathertech site.

from www.weathertech.com
I was going to order this--but I'm not interested in a 3/4 trunk liner--what were they thinking when they designed this mat?