IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

Why Me? Why?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-06, 02:29 PM
doctorttt
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why Me? Why?

Alright, I was on my way back home after returning the cable boxes. Going out to the highway, and I heard something hit my windshield. Okay, thought it was just a bug, so I tried to the wipers to wipe the stain off. OMFG, something was still on the windshield, and I noticed something cracked it. I'M VERY PISSED. WHY ME? There are so many cars on street, and many cars that are more expensive. WHY the damn whatever tiny object had to hit my windshield. Is the 2IS cursed or what? I spent a lot of $ to get this/that protection on her, and so what? Nothing helped. I feel like selling this car and just get an used car, so I don't have to get pissed of something like this. Guess what? Today is my birthday......
Old 09-30-06, 02:42 PM
ShreveIS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I too thought my IS was doomed from the get go. A good friend of mine sat in my seat with an ink pen in his back pocket. And of course, with the way my luck runs, the pen was not capped. Not only was ink everywhere, but the pen actually poked holes in the seat. Filed a claim with my insurance company and they estimated it to cost roughly $1200 to repair the seat. After a few weeks of passengers getting in and out of the seat, the ink rubbed out. Only cost me $80 at Lexus to repair the holes....kept the ins. check. Not sure I should have done that because karma is a b****. A few weeks later I ran into the backend of someone

Everything's fixed, car still looks new, and no one knows what my poor IS has been through but me! Hey, it could always be worst man. Happy Bday BTW
Old 09-30-06, 02:44 PM
golfproatl
Pole Position

Sorry to hear about your damage. I must say however, that it is a car and it will get damaged and their is nothing you can do short of not driving it to keep it from getting nicks and dings and the like. I'm not trying to be rude or insensitive, but you just got to learn how to "deal with it" and move on. Your windshield is covered on your comprehensive insurance and should not cost you more than $50. Cheer up and Happy B-Day.
Old 09-30-06, 02:52 PM
jezza
Driver

Because God hates you. That's why. Feel better now?

You sound like you're actually expecting an answer. There isn't one. S!$t happens, get used to it.
Old 09-30-06, 03:19 PM
Xelvic
Driver

Damn dude, suck it it up!!!! Call you insurance company and get it fixed. They will come to your house on the same day or next day. They will even come to your work. If you have glass coverage like I do it will cost you nothing. I've had 4 cracked windshields in the last 2 years. My insurance company told me that Arizona has the highest claim rates for cracked windshields. Now go to your room!!!
Old 09-30-06, 03:32 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

get it fixed soon or it will get bigger
Old 09-30-06, 04:15 PM
kensteele
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yeah i wouldn't worry about the windshield, actually you got lucky nothing else was damaged. windshield in most places is free repair, no deductible, and no hike in insurance lol.

happy bday!
Old 09-30-06, 05:08 PM
linh811
Lead Lap

count your blessings. 3 months into ownership I was caught in a huge hailstorm, needless to say every single body panal was replaced/replaired/repainted, windshiled cracked, sunroof cracked, front light housing cracked, rear light housing cracked... car was in the lexus body shop for 6 weeks.....
Old 09-30-06, 05:35 PM
lifeisgood
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by linh811
count your blessings. 3 months into ownership I was caught in a huge hailstorm, needless to say every single body panal was replaced/replaired/repainted, windshiled cracked, sunroof cracked, front light housing cracked, rear light housing cracked... car was in the lexus body shop for 6 weeks.....
How large was the hail? Like everything else in TX it must have been pretty big.
Old 09-30-06, 05:55 PM
shox
Pole Position

I live in the rock-chip capital of the world...it sucks but really it happens and what can ya do. At least that's all it did and not come through the windshield and hit you or a passenger's head or body.

Sorry to hear about what happened, but it could be worse.